Page 156 of 207 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5170
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Found this to be a wee bit interesting (.)(.)

Typsy @ IT mentioned that Texas has reached out to another QB.

Joshua Dobbs (currently committed to Sun Devils) out of Alpharetta, GA. I had heard that Swoopes was to be only QB offerred

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quote from 2014 S Edwin Freeman of Arlington Bowie (24/7):

“They’ve (Oklahoma) been contacting me a lot, and after seeing the difference between the crowd at the Red River game, I’m starting to like them a lot,”
    he said. “Texas’ defense isn’t playing that well either. I don’t know what’s going over there.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those that like rumors, here's an interesting post that was pinned over at Inside Texas concerning Mack's future:

I may have mentioned this in previous threads...if not, I have a couple of connections to UT athletics. These are folks operating at an administration level (not specific to football) but are at an executive level so each typically has insight and, in some cases, forecasting ability.

One has indirect involvement with hiring (again, at an executive admin level). As a "for instance", I was told who the new women's swim coach would be weeks before the name was released. He is always miles ahead on information specific to new or updated atheltics facilities....All of that being said, I was told last night that "Mack would not be back"....in no uncertain terms. More detail:

I was moaning about my fears of another season of underachieving and anger....AND angst. He told me, "that is a non-issue...he is gone" I asked, "what happens if they turn it around"....to which he replied, "unless they, overnight, turn into the 2005 team (and that WILL NOT happen) he is gone". He would not elaborate, but he was ADAMANT. He said he has no idea where a coaching search would go, but said he would let me know if he heard anything......For the record, this guy is NOT a football guy. He watches the games, but he is a casual fan I would say.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from the same guy...

I hear quite a few interesting bits of information from one guy in particular...much of the time it comes with a, "please don't talk about this one" and I don't. Like I said, he is way out in front of anything tied to "big picture" stuff (facilities, money, etc).

I will say this (and know I am being vague)...there is a VERY interesting conversation happening right now about facilities. A couple of teasers:

1. It is not something any of us would predict
    2. It affects coach Barnes
    3. It is indirectly tied to the teaching hospital (if the teaching hospital does not pass, this "thing" is fast tracked).
    4. It will help a great deal with recruiting.

Once this moves out of "super-secret" phase, I will gladly elaborate.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is going to have to do something with their uniforms to keep up with the rest if the country...

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Uniforms? I'm not trying to be rude but Texas needs to fix their freakin football problems before that.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quote from 2014 S Edwin Freeman of Arlington Bowie (24/7):

“They’ve (Oklahoma) been contacting me a lot, and after seeing the difference between the crowd at the Red River game, I’m starting to like them a lot,”
    he said. “Texas’ defense isn’t playing that well either. I don’t know what’s going over there.”
    Neither do the coaches, apparently.

Post Count
    Texas is going to have to do something with their uniforms to keep up with the rest if the country...
    Alabama's alternate nike gimmick uniforms have done wonders for them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would love some black uniforms. All black with burnt orange numbers and letters.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Based on Caleb Benenoch's tweets it sounds like A&M is no longer an option for him. I don't know if an offer was pulled or what.
    They parted ways a while back but I don't know the exact reason.

Benenoch is my third choice behind Harrison and Billings.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Potentiel 5-star runningback Nathan Starks of Bishop Gorman (Nev.) has Texas tied on top of his list. Don't know who Texas is tied with.

Potentiel 5-star runningback Nathan Starks of Bishop Gorman (Nev.) has Texas tied on top of his list. Don't know who Texas is tied with.

Oklahoma is believed to be the leader for Starks.

They parted ways a while back but I don't know the exact reason.

Benenoch is my third choice behind Harrison and Billings.

Agreed. Benenoch should be recruited as a back up for Harrison. Not the other way around
    Last edited by billfromlaketravis; 11-04-2012 at 11:07 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would love some black uniforms. All black with burnt orange numbers and letters.
    The ? That's ing re ed. Post less.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The ? That's ing re ed. Post less.
    Hhhmmm suuuuure.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from JUCO OT Desmond Harrison of Contra Costa CC in San Pablo, CA (OrangeBloods). A reminder that he will be making his official visit to UT for banquet weekend on December 7th:

"I started talking to Texas a little back in the spring. When I first found out I had got the UT offer, I was excited being that I grew up there," said Harrison, who sent some years of his youth in the Houston area. "Texas is a big state, it's a big university and that was a big offer."

"They just tell me I can come in and pay and help the team," Harrison said. "I grew up watching UT. It's a good academic school with big-time football. They have a history of running the ball and I like to pound the ball. They do throw the ball too and I just like their overall history."

"I feel like I'm a good run blocker and good pass blocker. I did a lot of work in the spring with our new o-line coach,"
    Harrison said. "I feel like I'm pretty much balanced now. I'm just working to tighten things up and want to continue to get stronger."

"He (Bo Davis) was just telling me I need to get down to Texas, come help them play,"
    Harrison said. "I'm looking forward to taking my visits."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    JUCO WR Quantavius Leslie of Hinds CC in Raymond, MS is another guy who could make his way to Austin for banquet weekend. Bo Davis attended one of his games recently and despite considering himself solid to LSU at the moment, he still wants to take visits before making his final decision and has mentioned hitting up UT in December.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...UErl3Z8vFIPZB4
    Last edited by TFloss32; 11-05-2012 at 10:59 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, 2014 CB/S Tony Brown will be visiting Alabama this weekend for the A&M game. He will be tagging along with his sister, Bealoved, on her official visit for track.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT A'Shawn Robinson will be on his official visit to Alabama this weekend. He's also mentioning an official visit to USC on December 7th (UT's banquet weekend). Here are some quotes from him (24/7):

“I’m going to Alabama this weekend,” Robinson explained. “I want to see the campus more. I just want to get out there and see the school. I’ll get out there and see how much I’m interested in them.”

“I’ll be going out there (USC) in December,” Robinson said. “I’ll go December 7th through the 9th. When I first started watching football, they were the first team I watched. They were the first team I saw play. I think I was in first grade and I just started learning about football.”

“I plan to get down to Texas some time,” Robinson told Hookem.com. “I just don’t know when it will be. The last time I went was for the West Virginia game. But I do plan to get back.” “It’s just those three,” he said. “Texas, Alabama and USC are the only ones I’m considering now.”

“I’m still committed (to Texas),”
    said Robinson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 LB Cameron Hampton of Dallas Carter has been offered by Alabama.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Hampton-137690

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with WR Robbie Rhodes (24/7):

“I’m still 100-percent,” Rhodes said of his commitment to the Baylor Bears.

“Right now I haven’t really been talking to anyone lately,” explained Rhodes. “Coach (Art) Briles is about the only one.”

“There are a couple of others besides Texas,” Rhodes told Hookem.com. “Texas A&M. They sent me a message on Facebook. It was from Coach (Brian) Polian and he was talking to me about them. TCU also calls me some.”

“I’m not sure yet,” Rhodes said when asked if he’ll take other visits. “I don’t have my official visit to Baylor setup either.” “They just need to find a spark,” Rhodes said.

“They’re just so used to having Robert Griffin III. Now that he and Kendall Wright are gone, they just have to find a way. The defense needs to find a way too and bond together so they can make those stops and good plays.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Current BCS standings. Texas at #17:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated bowl projections. Texas facing A&M in the Cotton Bowl:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n=2012&week=10

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He also likes Oklahoma and USC. I'd put Texas behind those two.

Thread Information