Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated bowl projections. Texas still slotted for the Cotton but now it's against Alabama or LSU:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n=2012&week=11
    It's definitely a longshot and I don't see how it would work, but there's a rumor on the 24/7 board that the Fiesta Bowl's ideal match-up would be A&M/Texas assuming both teams can win out and SEC champion does not make the BCS le. But even if that were to happen, K-State likely gets the Fiesta should UT somehow upset them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rivals has released their 250 Watch List for the 2014 class. Catalon, Heard, Joe and Roberson are all four-stars. Gresham did not make the list:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...rank-3202/2014

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that OL/DL Andrew Billings was another prospect in Fort Worth on Saturday for TCU/K-State. He's scheduled to be in Austin on Thanksgiving for Texas/TCU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Funny video. Dude in a "Johnny Football" shirt throwing racial slurs at the NOLA airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G9tIcy9EKLw

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With it being an off week for UT, the coaches are on the road recruiting. The first stop worth mentioning is Major Applewhite being in La Porte yesterday to see 2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott. According to the report from OrangeBloods, he is leaning towards attending Texas/TCU on Thanksgiving night.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mike Leach potentially caught up in another abuse scandal at Washington State:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ach-mike-leach

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coaching rumors are crazy right now so I figured it's worth mentioning one that could affect Texas in the next month or so. The rumor goes that if Chip Kelly leaves Oregon for the NFL, the top two candidates for that job are Mark Helfrich (Oregon's offensive coordinator) and Chris Petersen (Boise State's head coach). Petersen coached WRs at Oregon from 1995 to 2000 so it is different from all of the opportunities he's turned down in the past. That leads most to believe that Bryan Harsin would be on the short list if Boise State opens up. Major Applewhite could also be a candidate for many offensive coordinator jobs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Picture from DKR's memorial today:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Marcell Harris has decided to push his decision date back. No word on the new timeframe but I think he wants to announce on ESPN.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2014 DE Derick Roberson of San Antonio Brennan (24/7):

“As of right now, yes, I'm committed to Texas,” Roberson said. “It looks good down there right now. There's nothing right now that I can see changing my mind, but things could change at some point.”

“It seems like it's starting to get there for them,” Roberson said. “But sometimes it seems like they shouldn't be giving up that many points.”

“I feel like I could come in and prove something,” Roberson said. “But sometimes I watch the defense and I'm like, 'C'mon Texas.'”

“There's a few other schools that have contacted me, but my dad wants me to focus on football right now,” Roberson said. “He's been handling all of that.”
    “I feel like I can get bigger,” Roberson said. “I feel like I can get faster too while gaining weight. I think I can still get it done being bigger.”

“I feel like I'm faster, I'm stronger and my moves are better,” Roberson said. “I'm way better at reading linemen and what they might be doing before the snap. Knowing whether it's a run or pass by looking at the linemen and knowing how to attack is where I've gained the most.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Darius James was honored as an Under Armour All-America recently (24/7):

“I never would have thought I'd be in the place I'm in right now,” James said. “I just kept playing football, and eventually it came to me.”

“Growing up as a little kid playing football, you never thought you'd be selected for something like this,”
    James said. “It's honor to be picked with the best in the country and that someone thinks you're good.”

“We're going to be able to run with the big line we're going to have,” James said. “I can't wait to get there (Austin).”

“Everything's starting to click,” James said. “We (Texas) just need a couple of more pieces from our class and we'll be fine.”

“I want to show that I'm back,” James said. “Some people might say that since the injury I'm not the same. I just want show everyone I'm still here.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 WR Lorenzo Joe who has played QB for Abilene Cooper this year (OrangeBloods):

"That's a great honor. I didn't even know that,"
    Joe said when asked his thoughts on making the list. "To think that I'm one of top 250 players in the nation, that's crazy. There are a lot of great athletes in the nation that play this game. To be part of top 250, that's incredible."

"It was a good regular season for us. The two games we lost were close games that we should have won, we just had some mistakes,"
    Joe said. "Every time after those games, we worked hard in practice and got better. Now we're getting ready for a long playoff run."

"Overall, I feel like I did pretty well. I couldn't have done it without the guys up front holding the blocks, the receivers catching the ball. They did a great job all season of blocking and catching the ball. they make my job look good."

"It's still kind of hard to believe that I'm one of the commitments for The University of Texas and one of the first ones in my class," Joe said. "It's just such a great honor. I've been talking to their coaches, they told me to keep doing my thing, keep working hard, getting better. They say they're proud I'm part of their team."

"I get a lot of letters but I haven't had any real conversations," Thomas said of talks with college coaches.

"I do talk to some of the players that aren't committed like Solmon Thomas and Jamal Adams," Joe said. "I ask them what's going on, tell them good luck in the playoffs and sometimes talk about Texas."

"I just have to keep my hands ready at all times, keep working,"
    Joe said. "I have to go out there and catch some balls. Sometimes after practice, the receivers go do some drills and I jump in there and work with them. I just have to keep hands fresh and keep working. It kind of comes back to me quickly so I'm not too rusty."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Thomas Johnson of Texas A&M has been missing for over 48 hours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...50--ncaaf.html

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    WR Thomas Johnson of Texas A&M has been missing for over 48 hours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...50--ncaaf.html

wow. sounds ominous. hope he turns up safe and sound but definitely reason to be concerned

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    wow. sounds ominous. hope he turns up safe and sound but definitely reason to be concerned
    Saw some tweets from former Dallas Skyline players alluding to him being ok, but you'd think Johnson would have shown face by now if that was indeed the case. Can only hope for the best at this pont.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Kameron Miles has committed to Texas A&M after de-committing from Tennessee. He's #30 for the Ags.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Kameron Miles has committed to Texas A&M after de-committing from Tennessee. He's #30 for the Ags.
    30?? How many Jucos??

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Thomas Johnson has been found safe in Dallas.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    heard he was found as well. not sure what he was up to but at least he is safe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    30?? How many Jucos??
    Only two of the 30 are JUCOs. I'm sure they will make it work with early enrollees and some won't qualify.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With it being an off week for UT, the coaches are on the road recruiting. The first stop worth mentioning is Major Applewhite being in La Porte yesterday to see 2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott. According to the report from OrangeBloods, he is leaning towards attending Texas/TCU on Thanksgiving night.
    Hoza Scott is now confirmed for Texas-TCU game according to sources.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Have to love college football rivalries. Picture from UCLA:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on JUCO TE Geoff Swaim who will enroll at UT for the spring semester (OrangeBloods):

"I've caught the ball more than I did last season. I'm catching the ball more in space, so that's nice. Last year I just caught it in the flat. This year I'm getting downfield more," Swaim said.

"Last year they were throwing me screens, things like that. Last year, my numbers weren't great receiving wise because I was the checkdown guy, dump it in the flats and try to get three or four yards," Swaim said. "I've had some gains this year, 20 or 30 yards, where I've shown I can get downfield and can break a tackle."

"I'm not a selfish player, not a guy who's out there 'throw me the bal, throw me the ball.' But I can catch the ball, I can run,"
    Swaim said. "It's not really worrisome to me as far as catching passes or not catching. If the need arises though, I can catch it."

"Last year was real beneficial to me because I came in this year and I have experience playing against guys who will be playing at the next level. The guy I played against (last week) went to Florida for a while then had to come to JUCO because of grades. That helps playing against compe ion of guys who have been on the next level. That's the only thing that prepares you,"
    Swaim said.

"They said they'd like to use me, when they want to run the ball, they'll put me at tight end. They've also talked about moving me around, playing some h-back, playing on the wing. I'll shift a lot, motion a lot, they want me to do that. They want to use me and move me around in the backfield a little and then set the edge in the passing game."

"It's kind of cool watching the games. I'm not just watching as a fan, I'm kind of scouting and seeing how I fit in, watching the guys I'm going to be playing with,"
    Swaim said. "As far as other schools, before I committed to Texas, I had teams coming out to the school and I was talking to other teams. Once I committed to Texas, my OC and myself agreed that we weren't going to try to play anyone. There have been scouts come out to a lot of our games, but there's been no wavering. I'm not trying to talk to other schools. I'm set. This is the offense I want to play in."

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Thomas Johnson has been found safe in Dallas.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was laughing hard when I first saw that.

Demetrius Knox will announce his commitment on November 26. I haven't been following his recent recruitment but I guess it's gonna be UT.

Thread Information