Page 160 of 207 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was laughing hard when I first saw that.

Demetrius Knox will announce his commitment on November 26. I haven't been following his recent recruitment but I guess it's gonna be UT.
    He comes across as a guy that likes to troll in order to build excitement and throw people off much like Benenoch does. He had a quote last week which referenced a new leader in his recruitment and his pick will be a surprise. I'm a bit torn but I'll still go with Texas considering his best friend (Gresham) is already committed, he called to commit to UT during fall camp and he hasn't visited schools like Notre Dame and Ohio State yet. Rarely do kids commit without visiting a school first (Knox has been to UT several times) but it does happen every now and then.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 11-16-2012 at 10:28 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on JUCO OL Desmond Harrison with quotes from his coach. Texas is emerging as the leader (24/7):

“He has a handful of visits coming up,”
    explained Contra Costa head football coach Alonzo Carter. “He’s got Oklahoma on the 23rd of this month, followed by a visit to Arizona State on the 30th. Then on December 7th, he’s still heading down to Austin to take an official visit to the University of Texas. He’ll have another the following week, but he’s a little torn on where he will go. He was recently offered by Houston, which is his hometown as well, and he doesn’t know if he wants to go there, USC or Texas Tech for that last visit.”

“We both talk to Texas all the time,”
    Carter said. “We talk to Coach Bo (Davis) and Coach (Stacey) Searels, the offensive line coach, a lot. He also gets plenty of hand-written letters from Mack Brown. They’ve been doing a great job of keeping in touch with Desmond. That’s one of the many reasons he’s very excited to get down there and take his visit to Texas.”

“He wanted to make it in for a Texas game so bad,”
    said Carter. “Unfortunately for him and the coaches it just didn’t work out due to our season and him preparing for games here. He would have loved to come down there and see a game in person. He’s still going to their big banquet though and he will be there for that entire big weekend. Even though it isn’t a game he is still genuinely excited about just being there.”

“I believe Desmond will probably make a decision over the Christmas break,”
    Carter explained. “I expect him to make it while he’s at home visiting his mom. He should have his five official visits over with by then and I think he’ll sit down with her, discuss his options, and then go from there. You will probably see him announce that decision sometime in early January. I don’t see it dragging way out to February or anything like that.”

“If I were to predict an early leader then I think it would be Texas,”
    Carter told Hookem.com. “I’d say it would be Texas and probably Oklahoma going at it, just like they do on the football field.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A new name to remember for the next class is 2014 LB Otaro Alaka of Cypress Falls. Some quotes from him (24/7):

“I’ve been talking a lot with Texas lately,” e
    xplained Alaka. “Recruiting for me has really picked up though. Besides the Longhorns I’ve heard from Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Boise State, TCU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Baylor, Northwestern, LSU, Florida State and more.”

“We talk frequently,” said Alaka. “Most of the time Coach Giles and I talk on Facebook, but we talk a lot. I would say we have a very cool relationship with each other for sure. I’ve also spoken to and met Coach (Manny) Diaz at the spring game. I liked him a lot as well.”

“I’m very interested in them, even though they haven’t offered me yet” he told Hookem.com. “They haven’t said I’ll be getting one for sure, but they told me to send my junior highlights because they want to see them. I’m going to do that as soon as possible. I feel like I’ve been doing well this season and teams haven’t been running toward me this second half of the season, so hopefully that helps me out.”

“I went there earlier this year for the spring game,”
    Alaka said. “It was a very good visit. I got to see some of the facilities and meet the coaches. Texas has always been such a good program and has great academics, so it was good to check it all out.”

“I want to get it all (a commitment) out of the way,” Alaka explained. “What it all comes down to for me is how early I can get on the field and how good the school is in terms of academics.”

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Chronic that was hilarious

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Chronic that was hilarious

will be very interesting to see what the real story behind all that was - if you hear anything of substance on ag boards please post. hopefully the guy can pull it together and get over whatever issues are going on behind the scenes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    will be very interesting to see what the real story behind all that was - if you hear anything of substance on ag boards please post. hopefully the guy can pull it together and get over whatever issues are going on behind the scenes.
    Here are some more details:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Te...179457051.html

-found at a friend's house in Dallas, tried to escape the cops
    -cops arrested him basically to protect him from himself
    -carried on about his religious views

24/7 hinted that he's had some episodes in the past but nothing as big as this (obviously). Hopefully he'll be well taken care of.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's crazy.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Apparently he says that God talks to him and all sorts of stuff. I had heard something about anxiety - but if it's true about the God part this is obviously on a completely different level.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    just to make a quick note. typically, manifestations of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia can start more or less at the age of 18. it is quite possible this young man could be afflicted with some rather difficult to deal with psychological disorders. time will tell of course.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    just to make a quick note. typically, manifestations of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia can start more or less at the age of 18. it is quite possible this young man could be afflicted with some rather difficult to deal with psychological disorders. time will tell of course.
    hope that's not the case. feel bad for posting joke about him if that is a possibility. usually when kids go missing it is due to hijinks or at ude problems but goes to show you can't make assumptions.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm glad he is safe and I hope he gets his life sorted out but with that said I'm glad he is not our problem. It may be harsh but I'm not ashamed to say it and I know I wasn't the only one to think it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It's not really that big of a problem lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's not really that big of a problem lol.
    it's time and thought and energy put into this kid taking focus from the goal at hand from coaches and players.

and who knows how much he might have been a distraction up until this point and how much in the next 3 years.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol no, but whatever makes you feel better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    laugh it off all you want, what ever makes you feel better man.

Post Count
    God talks to Mike Huckabee too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bye week

Ugh effing botched snap against WVU, along with our got kickers

To think that if they win Thursday against TCU, that they would basically be having a conference championship game against K-State (that they would probably lose, but still, its better than playing for basically nothing, because even if they win, K-State and OU still probably make BCS bowls)

Regardless, its been really nice to see growth from the last two seasons. Hopefully they continue upwards with this young team. OU losing pubestache should slow their offense down a bit for next season. K-State will be losing Klein as well. Barring a plethora of injuries, there is no excuse not to win the Big-12 next season. Anything less will be a major disappointment, imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Regardless, its been really nice to see growth from the last two seasons. Hopefully they continue upwards with this young team. OU losing pubestache should slow their offense down a bit for next season. K-State will be losing Klein as well. Barring a plethora of injuries, there is no excuse not to win the Big-12 next season. Anything less will be a major disappointment, imo.
    We should know by now that OU isn't gonna get worse just by losing their latest QB. It really doesn't even matter what OU does, it's all on Mack if we're going to stand a chance against them. This year I thought we were the better team on paper because OU is not that great this year, but we decided to not show up to the game.

Regardless, David Ash should be the #1 QB in the Big12 next season. Not just because other teams are losing their seniors but because he made such a huge jump from last year to this year and he should continue to improve. We should have one of the best offenses in the country next season

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Adam Taylor of Katy has committed to Nebraska:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Taylor-127994

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another injury for Texas' 2013 class. RB Kyle Hicks hurt his knee in Arlington Martin's regular season finale last week but the severity of the injury wasn't known until recently. He's torn his ACL and this comes after breaking the same foot twice. He'll have a redshirt year to fully recover. This almost assures that Texas will target and offer an all-purpose RB if they kind find someone they like.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another injury for Texas' 2013 class. RB Kyle Hicks hurt his knee in Arlington Martin's regular season finale last week but the severity of the injury wasn't known until recently. He's torn his ACL and this comes after breaking the same foot twice. He'll have a redshirt year to fully recover. This almost assures that Texas will target and offer an all-purpose RB if they kind find someone they like.
    He should have redshirted anyways considering we have 4 RBs next season. But this 2013 injury curse is getting ridiculous, it's not just Texas commits either, others around the state are suffering from bad injuries.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tennessee receives a few more penalties from the Lane Kiffin era. Bad timing for USC and that was before losing to UCLA:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/usatoday/a...t%7CSports%7Cp

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We should know by now that OU isn't gonna get worse just by losing their latest QB. It really doesn't even matter what OU does, it's all on Mack if we're going to stand a chance against them. This year I thought we were the better team on paper because OU is not that great this year, but we decided to not show up to the game.

Regardless, David Ash should be the #1 QB in the Big12 next season. Not just because other teams are losing their seniors but because he made such a huge jump from last year to this year and he should continue to improve. We should have one of the best offenses in the country next season
    I'll say that Texas definitely has superior talent this year than OU. But the youth still shows, along with Mack being a moron nearly every time they play OU.

If their defense is at least decent, they should definitely be in a BCS bowl. I have two main concerns. Their linebacker crew is first. If their linebacking crew develops to their level of talent, the sky is the limit over the next 2 seasons. But that is looking like a pretty big IF. Hopefully Diaz hurries up and gets his crap together. Perhaps just an extra year of learning and maturity will help them play his scheme out better, because last year his defense looked fantastic with experienced vets like Robinson and Acho. This is definitely the biggest question mark going forward.

My only other concern is losing Vaccaro. Hopefully they have another safety that can step in and show some leadership, make sure people are in correct position, and give the team an emotional boost along with an enforcer in the secondary.

I'm pretty confident in their offense as a whole, and their defensive line should only improve with young studs like Malcolm Brown (DT) getting experience and the return of Jeffcoat as a senior.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated BCS standings. Texas at #16:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

Thread Information