Page 2 of 207 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see an orange TEXAS next to some of these names.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    great topics and awesome work. i think tfloss deserves a spur for this (maybe a longhorn or classic UT would be better).

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We could potentially have 4 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 7 on Tfloss' list in the not too distant future. Don't know about A'Shawn as Jesus is high on him wanting to stay close to home and liking Texas a lot while 24/7 has him as a longshot and likely OOS guy. Also, one thing I took for Mack's PC the other day was when he talked about asking the kids who committed early then flipped what made them committ do early if they weren't sure. He said to a man their answers were "well coach my parents basically made me because it guaranteed I would at least have college paid for". I wonder if Golden fits in this commit early as a safety blanket group.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The first commitment may be this afternoon instead of this morning. Have to wait a little longer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder if Golden fits in this commit early as a safety blanket group.
    Golden's recruitment will be fun to watch. Being from Elysian Fields, I imagine he feels comfortable in College Station because it doesn't have a big city feel. It's my understanding that he hasn't visited any other campuses yet. Reminds me of last year when we were saying similar things about DT Malcom Brown. He didn't change his tone about A&M until he got out of his comfort zone and saw what different schools had to offer. I don't expect Bo Davis to give up on this one but the Ags got a nice prospect for the time being.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M has a couple great early commits, no doubt.

Kohl is considered big risk to go baseball route. griffin has stated if he grows any more he will likely focus solely on basketball. i think both are quite possible if not likely.

i'm almost certain Kohl (and maybe Gibson as well) are both ag legacies. griffin also has some close friends that are going to A&M. figured some may question why they committed so early.

i'm not sure the story with Golden. we may have just got beat on him. likely the depth at DT was not attractive at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know it's 2013, but hadn't seen senior highlights of QB Jalen Overstreet. Be sure to watch the sequence at 4:15 as it shows the type of athleticism Harsin will be working with next year. Interesting song choice from the video creator...Overstreet is obviously a lover and not a fighter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVNfrODPys

It's official, per Orangebloods, Jake Raulerson has committed to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's official, per Orangebloods, Jake Raulerson has committed to Texas.
    Nice. They were hinting it could be this afternoon. Glad we didn't have to wait any longer. He's on the big board.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep, Raulerson is a damn good start to the recruiting season. So much for Florida, never stood a chance.

From Torshiro to Maulerson in 2 days. Doing good work down there.

With Raulerson, Cottrell, Shiro Davis, Ridgeway and Bluiett aboard, I think Texas should take their time recruiting 2013 DEs. I like Lancaster DE Daeshon Hall better than Lawton, OK DE D.J. Ward. I'd take either to round out the 2013 DE class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from OL/DL Jake Raulerson on his commitment to UT. You can already tell what kind of influence he's going to have over this 2013 class:

"It's great to finally have it done. I'm beyond belief to have this opportunity. I'm happy to say I'm a Longhorn," Raulerson said. "The stress is gone right now and I'm very, very happy."

"The coaching staff is great. They've been recruiting me at both positions (offensive line and defensive line) so there's a very good chance at some point of getting early playing time. Early playing time was not a factor at all but it's always good to have that option," Raulerson said. "They're one of the few that did recruit me at both offensive tackle and defensive end and they're even thinking about tight end. All that together works great."

"I think they're going to win the le in the next few years. They have a great recruiting class right now and they're getting better and I think they're a great program. One of the keys is coach (Bennie) Wylie, the strength and conditioning coach. He's one of the best in the country. Me and him really clicked when we started talking. He's just a guy you want to be with working hard in the weight room. He's working with you so you know he's doing everything he can to make you better. He's a great coach and knows exactly how to make you better. I mean look at the guy. He's huge."

"I think if I'm committed to a school then that's where I need to be," Raulerson said". I've visited every school you can think of so it's not like I don't have a clear view of every school. I've looked everywhere around the country and I know everything about them."

"I checked out Stanford just to see how it was and I loved Stanford and everything about it. But the distance … it's California and my parents can't go all the way out there. I definitely want my parents to come out and see me. Four hours to Austin is not that bad," Raulerson said. "Everyone can come and see me. Not everyone can buy a plane ticket to California to watch me. It's a combination of everything. It's not one key thing that drew me to Texas, but I'm from the state of Texas and I love the school."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For most guys with a really strong family structure like Raulerson and DGB the distance thing will be a factor. Glad this one worked in our favor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Junior highlights from OL/DL Jake Raulerson on both offense and defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6tZMSUO5f8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdHZl6fdY6c

J Gray was instrumental in this one. He started recruiting Raulerson as soon as he committed last April.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Don't know about A'Shawn as Jesus is high on him wanting to stay close to home and liking Texas a lot while 24/7 has him as a longshot and likely OOS guy.
    They're both right. 24/7 is referring to Flenory in his ear. Here's quote from them this morning on the matter:

"On Robinson, I think some folks are worried about the people he has loosely associated with off the field and them playing a potential role in his selection (and that would not be a positive for Texas). Not talking about family or coaches, but others who I am told are trying to be party to the recruitment."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They're both right. 24/7 is referring to Flenory in his ear. Here's quote from them this morning on the matter:

"On Robinson, I think some folks are worried about the people he has loosely associated with off the field and them playing a potential role in his selection (and that would not be a positive for Texas). Not talking about family or coaches, but others who I am told are trying to be party to the recruitment."

The Chip Kelly s troupe strikes again. What a shame.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Like I said I wanna see raulerson play some goal line fullback like lokey used to do.

All In, All Out.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Gotta disagree with Ketch. Tyrone Swoopes will be the most followed recruit in the state because he's a quarterback and has a unique skill set, but he's not the top overall guy in the state, IMO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Very excited about Raulerson, he seems like the kind of guy who will give it all that he has in him. We need players like that, he is also an incredible leader.

Bummed about Robinson, I was excited about him as a DT/OL.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per his father, OL/DL Jake Raulerson will be an early enrollee.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gotta disagree with Ketch. Tyrone Swoopes will be the most followed recruit in the state because he's a quarterback and has a unique skill set, but he's not the top overall guy in the state, IMO.
    it's the subjective nature of how much stock you place on 'potential' versus being a proven commodity. the thing on swoopes is that the sky is the limit. but other recruits including some texas QB's certainly look more polished.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per his father, OL/DL Jake Raulerson will be an early enrollee.
    awesome news.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those wondering about DT Calvin Howell:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/polic...ter-Jan-3-2012

4:44 a.m.- Possession of marijuana less than 2 oz., 1500 block Aquarena Springs drive, Calvin Trent Howell, 20, arrested.

Thread Information