Page 200 of 207 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, 2014 WR PJ Anderson of San Antonio Taft is a guy getting a serious look from Texas.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/829182/#highlights/26971382

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    2014 OL Kealvin Davis of Garland Lakeview Centennial committed to A&M yesterday at their Junior Day.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kealvin-Davis-19745

http://247sports.com/Player/Kealvin-Davis-19745
    Considering the low amount of stud OL in Texas in 2014 this was pretty much a no-brainer for A&M, who really needs to start working on the OL.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Considering the low amount of stud OL in Texas in 2014 this was pretty much a no-brainer for A&M, who really needs to start working on the OL.
    I like this guy a lot and hope Texas looks at him down the road if they decide they have some wiggle room for 2014. As things stand, I think Searels wants to take 2014 OL Terrell Cuney of Jasper and then really slow it down. 24/7 seems to think the target number for 2014 is three since Texas is about to sign a large OL class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Devin Lauderdale has committed to Texas Tech again.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Our backup QB, Jameil Showers, is transferring. Baylor, TT, Cal, or ASU are likely destinations. My money is on Baylor.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I like this guy a lot and hope Texas looks at him down the road if they decide they have some wiggle room for 2014. As things stand, I think Searels wants to take 2014 OL Terrell Cuney of Jasper and then really slow it down. 24/7 seems to think the target number for 2014 is three since Texas is about to sign a large OL class.
    Manvel's Koda Martin is also one to watch that could be a solid OL prospect.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Our backup QB, Jameil Showers, is transferring. Baylor, TT, Cal, or ASU are likely destinations. My money is on Baylor.
    he may not get on the field at baylor either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Texas has cooled off '14 RB Nathan Starks of Bishop Gorman. During the season he heard a lot from them, but now he hasn't heard from them for a while. He would like to attend a Junior Day, but it's too expensive for a one-day event. He's planning on coming to Austin either in the summer or for an official next season. Texas, Oklahoma, USC and Notre Dame is still his top four, with Oklahoma at the top.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nick Watkins of Bishop Dunne will be attending the Feb. 10 Junior Day. He will bring his teammate '14 OL Jovan Pruitt alongside him. Pruitt participated in one of the camps last summer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jovan-Pruitt-21093

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1886593/jovan-pruitt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A couple of more guys to add for Junior Days, per 24/7:

2014 WR Willy Ivery, Sulphur Springs
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1359189/...ights/30113373

2014 LB Zach Whitley, Galena Park North Shore
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/503985/#highlights/11896377

2014 LB/S Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/483431/#highlights/25028400

2014 ATH Derrick Neal, Dallas Lincoln
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1812395/...ights/24835374

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 WR Willy Ivery of Sulphur Springs (24/7):

“Texas actually stopped by my school today,” Ivery said on Monday evening. “It was the wide receivers coach, Coach (Darrell) Wyatt. I didn’t really talk to him any, but he talked to my head coach and I was invited to their junior day on February 23.”

“I definitely plan on being there,” said Ivery. “I will be sure to fit it in my schedule. I like Texas a lot. My official top five right now is Texas Tech, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. That is in order. I’d say that Texas is one of the schools recruiting me the hardest right now, along with Texas Tech and TCU.”

“I grew up loving them,” Ivery said of Texas. “I love the Horns’ tradition. Plus, I’ve been to Austin a few times and I’ve really enjoyed the place.”

“He’s (Darell Wyatt) a really great coach,” explained Ivery. “I’ve heard a lot of good things about him. I haven’t talked to him a whole lot yet, but from our conversations so far, he seems like a very cool person.”

“I’ve been there (Texas) before,” said Ivery. “But this time I would really like to check out the campus. I also want a chance to get to see all of the facilities. I’m hoping I get to talk to all the coaches for a while and meet them and the players as well.”

“I would love that a lot (an offer from Texas),” Ivery told Hookem.com. “They are in my top schools, as I said, and one of my biggest considerations. There would be a good chance that I might go ahead and commit on the spot. I’m not going to lie, it’s highly likely.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Figured it's time to put together at Junior Day list. Please keep in mind this is probably going to change quite a bit:

Junior Day #1 (February 10th)
    QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer TEXAS
    RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower TEXAS
    RB/FB, Daniel Gresham, Fort Worth All Saints TEXAS
    WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper TEXAS
    OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints TEXAS
    OL, Jovan Pruitt, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan TEXAS
    LB, Zach Whitley, Galena Park North Shore
    CB, Darrion Johnson, Brenham
    CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne

Junior Day #2 (February 23rd)
    WR, Willy Ivery, Sulphur Springs
    WR, Emanuel Porter, Dallas Lincoln
    OL, Terrell Cuney, Jasper
    DT, Cedric Johnson, Rowlett
    DT, DeShawn Washington, Nederland
    DE, Jake McMillon, Abilene
    LB, Otaro Alaka, Cypress Falls
    LB/S, Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie
    S, Jamal Adams, Carrollton Hebron
    S, Edward Paris, Mansfield Timberview
    ATH, Derrick Neal, Dallas Lincoln

Expected to Attend, Date Unknown
    WR, KD Cannon, Mount Pleasant
    OL, Ty Barrett, Dallas Skyline
    DE, Jarrett Johnson, Katy Seven Lakes
    DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell
    LB, Tay Evans, Allen
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    LB, Everett Williams, Mansfield Legacy
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar
    S, Derrick Dixon, Dallas Skyline
    S, Jyaz Jones, Dallas South Oak Cliff

Unconfirmed
    WR, Tony Upchurch, Pearland Dawson
    TE/OL, Koda Martin, Manvel
    DT, Zaycoven Henderson, Longview
    DE, Duncan Douglas, Lubbock Coronado
    DE, Myles Garrett, Arlington Martin
    LB, James David, Rockdale
    CB/S, Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen
    S, Dylan Sumner-Gardner, West Mesquite
    Last edited by TFloss32; 01-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bad news, 24/7 reporting that Gary Patterson of TCU had his in-home visit last night with DT Andrew Billings and it's looking like Texas is now running second.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good job with the Junior Days list, TFloss! A lot of talent on there! But I'm really missing Mansfield S Brandon Simmons. Even with the loaded DB class in Texas next year, he is probably the top strong/in-the-box safety. I really like his hitting ability. Anyone know where Texas stands with him?
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 01-29-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Surprised Mack and Texas haven't been in contact with Jameil. Too much pride to take a transferring Aggie? Jameil is a real nice player and will not have to sit out a year due to him graduating early.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Surprised Mack and Texas haven't been in contact with Jameil. Too much pride to take a transferring Aggie? Jameil is a real nice player and will not have to sit out a year due to him graduating early.
    Maybe because they don't want to have 6 scholarship QBs? Yuh, I think that makes more sense.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Some Texas House representative has filed a bill that would require A&M/Texas to play every year. I think it's stupid. Unfortunately, the rep is an Aggie. Hope it fails.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some Texas House representative has filed a bill that would require A&M/Texas to play every year. I think it's stupid. Unfortunately, the rep is an Aggie. Hope it fails.
    Yup, complete waste of time. You would think there are more pressing matters where lives and well being are at stake.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are the recruiting rules right now? Can our coaches contact A'Shawn and Billings at all? Visit them?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are the recruiting rules right now? Can our coaches contact A'Shawn and Billings at all? Visit them?
    We're finishing up a contact period that started on November 25th and will end on February 2nd. With the exception of a few quiet periods in there (mostly around the holidays and all-star games), assistant coaches are allowed up to SIX off-campus visits with an individual recruit (no more than once per week) and head coaches can have ONE in-home/school visit at a time of their choosing (usually saved for the very end). Coaches making phone calls is still limited to once per week but recruits can call any time they want. I believe Facebook correspondence is unlimited.

http://www.hithighlights.com/NCAA_Fo...g_Calandar.php

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack was in New Orleans today visiting 2014 RB Leonard Fournette, per OrangeBloods. He was scheduled to attend the A&M Junior Day last weekend but I think he participated in a local camp instead. He's invited to Texas' Junior Day but it's yet to be determined if he'll attend.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 01-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Fournette is an LSU/Bama lock.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 has confirmed that 2014 DE Solomon Thomas from Coppell will be at the first Junior Day on February 10th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fournette is an LSU/Bama lock.
    Texas' hopes are with Larry Porter and rumor goes that he has a connection with Fournette's family (not sure what it is). It's encouraging that he's so familiar with that area of the country as well. And I don't know if he still has the same position, but DE Shiro Davis' high school coach was the defensive coordinator for Fournette's team this past season. UT is definitely not the favorite but there are some positives to work with.

Thread Information