Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Excerpt from Jeff Howe's analysis on Raulerson:

Where he can improve:
    That depends on where Raulerson ultimately plays.
    If he does indeed begin his Texas career at defensive end, he'll be more of a power end. I think he'd be a great compliment to a potentially elite edge rusher like Torshiro Davis. The big adjustment will be getting used to playing wider as he plays closer to the ball at the high school.
    Raulerson's natural position on offense is center, and if he gets big enough to move over to offense he could be a long-term answer there for Texas. He can play multiple positions, but there's a lot to be determined if Raulerson ever makes the jump.
    Overall impression:
    Raulerson is one of those guys that barring something unforeseen (injury, off the field issues, etc.) should be a highly-productive college player. I think his best position long term is either as a 3-4 defensive end, or at center.

No matter where he plays, the thing you love about Raulerson as a prospect is his motor, his passion for the game, and the fact that he's got talent maximizer written all over him. When you take those things into account and add his talent to the equation, you see why Texas is taking him as the first commitment in the class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good stuff. I'm really glad he decided to attend the summer camp with all of the older guys instead of going with his own age group. He established what kind of player he was that day. Pops was a bit over-the-top with that one quote.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video interview with OL/DL Jake Raulerson on his commitment to UT:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7534231

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jake Raulerson calls Mack to commit, pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amd5a...layer_embedded

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Awesome video.

Per his father, OL/DL Jake Raulerson will be an early enrollee.

Excellent. I'm calling it now, Raulerson pushes HARD for one of the starting DE spots as a freshman.

A whole spring and summer with Bennie. Dear Gawd.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One of the cooler things I've seen with recruiting. Excited for other prospects to see it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Loved hearing Giles and Mack reference him as the recruiter of the class. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting room two weeks ago to hear everything they talked about.

Loved hearing Giles and Mack reference him as the recruiter of the class. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting room two weeks ago to hear everything they talked about.

Raulerson mentioned recruiting players nationally to come to Texas. I wonder if he made some friends during his travels?

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Thanks for the thread Tfloss.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hey guys, plz send prayers or good vibes to a friend of mine Kylie Doniak. She had an outstanding career at UT playing soccer and let's hope that she recovers.

http://m.statesman.com/statesman/pm_...tguid=ylxdMrEk

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Click link below for vid - it's from last April, but shows Raulerson, Hassan and Toshiro doing some 1-on-1 drills.

You'll like the very first matchup.

TCU NFTC: Linemen 1-on-1 part 2

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can't decide who was better in that video, Ridgeway or Raulerson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Click link below for vid - it's from last April, but shows Raulerson, Hassan and Toshiro doing some 1-on-1 drills.

You'll like the very first matchup.

TCU NFTC: Linemen 1-on-1 part 2
    DE in the 2012 class went from being a question to mark to Texas locking up Ridge and Torshiro on opposite ends of the defensive line. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch. Ridge is an animal and I don't think anyone in the class developed physically as well as he has in the past year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for the thread Tfloss.
    My pleasure.

el mero mero
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Floss, this is what I've got so far with who I think we end up with. Feel free to add/subtract as I am not an expert.

QB - Swoopes

RB - Gonzalez?

OT - Raulerson, Perkins

OG - Thomas

C - James

TE - RSJ, Smythe

WR - Oliver, Samples, Massington

DT - Manning

DE - Hollins

LB - Hughes, Wade

CB - Barrows, Davis

S - 2 of Miles, Baltimore, Harris

So far 19. Don't know if we can take more than that without a bunch of attrition.
    Last edited by jefe82; 02-04-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Manning and Jake Oliver have already been given a committable offer in advance of JD according to their coaches and GH

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Manning and Jake Oliver have already been given a committable offer in advance of JD according to their coaches and GH
    Manning may be the best defensive player in the state for 2013. Unfortunately, we appear to be in 3rd behind OU and LSU with him. I believe he is an OU legacy.

Jake Oliver is an A&M legacy, but we may have a decent shot at him.

Bad year for legacies out there.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So i checked out S Marcell Harris' highlight film and honestly i wasnt overly impressed, especially with his tackling abilities. He seemed to tackle high and he didnt seem to bring much punch behind it. Its hard to evaluate his cover skills on tape but im guessing thats his strength. Akina has approved and praised him so thats worth alot. He has seen him in action in person at camps so that speaks in higher volumes than tapes i guess.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hope Texas at least shows interest and inquire about Robert Nkemdiche. He seems to be in the running to be the #1 prospect in the nation for 2013. He is a beast!! Why not try, i see he has all SEC schools as interest along with Oregon's crooked ass.

http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=5145970

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hope Texas at least shows interest and inquire about Robert Nkemdiche. He seems to be in the running to be the #1 prospect in the nation for 2013. He is a beast!! Why not try, i see he has all SEC schools as interest along with Oregon's crooked ass.

http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=5145970

Most analysts think Nkemdiche is the #1 player compared to 2013 class AND 2012 class as well. I have little doubt he'll be the top consensus player to open up everybody's initial rankings. I think he is heavy Alabama lean.

Most analysts think Nkemdiche is the #1 player compared to 2013 class AND 2012 class as well. I have little doubt he'll be the top consensus player to open up everybody's initial rankings. I think he is heavy Alabama lean.

Very simply, if Mark Richt could lock up Georgia, the Dawgs would win the SEC regularly. There's an amazing amount of talent in Georgia. I wish there was some way that Texas could get a recruiting foothold there. It's a highly compe ive state for recruiting, UGA, Florida, Georgia Tech, FSU, Alabama, Auburn, and Vanderbilt all recruit the state hard.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Definitely should be #1 because he looks better than Mario Edwards right now. So he's a heavy Alabama lean huh? I was looking at the already committed players for Alabama and have yall seen that linebacker Reuben Foster. Another beast, rich get richer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwyCUH_1sA

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Very simply, if Mark Richt could lock up Georgia, the Dawgs would win the SEC regularly. There's an amazing amount of talent in Georgia. I wish there was some way that Texas could get a recruiting foothold there. It's a highly compe ive state for recruiting, UGA, Florida, Georgia Tech, FSU, Alabama, Auburn, and Vanderbilt all recruit the state hard.
    I completely agree, especially after seeing Reuben Foster too. I wish we could make our way in the state, maybe our new assistant coaches with SEC ties can be the catalyst. It'll be hard because all those schools u listed barricade the state and theyre selfish with it for good reason.

Thread Information