Page 36 of 207 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Has Manning mentioned when he might commit?

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Justin Manning told ESPN the week before his OU visit there was no way he was going to commit over the weekend. Haven't seen any interviews from him yet to see how his comments compared to his Texas visit.

Manning did post "Sooner Magic" on twitter with following picture of him wearing his brother's number at OU. I think the writing is on the wall for this one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just noticed Manning also had another photo posted that I didn't see being circulated. Funny seeing them back to back.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Manning did post "Sooner Magic" on twitter with following picture of him wearing his brother's number at OU. I think the writing is on the wall for this one.

Forgot to mention, Justin Manning went to OU visit with his brother.

1 Mar justinGranger ‏ @JustinGranger
    Headed to OU W/ my bro! Good Luck to them Knights!!! Sorry I cant make it but I know yall gone take care of business!!!..

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darius James - Longhorn commit number 11. Boom

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interior line for the future looks staaaaaaacked

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This line is getting crazy, somewhere jonathan gray is smiling.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darius James - Longhorn commit number 11. Boom
    That's a big get right there. Hopefully Smythe will follow soon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from OL Darius James and his coach. Pretty cool that he traveled to Austin this morning and committed in person:

"It was more of a gut feeling. I just felt like I needed to do it," James said. "I actually decided sometime last week. We set it up this morning. Our coaches were going to come down and watch practice. I just came with them and pulled the trigger."

"He told us last week he was basically ready," Harker Heights head coach Mike Mullins said. "We waited until today to tell them we were coming to practice. Somehow he was in the back seat with us (Mullins and Harker Heights OL coach Robert Hagey)."

"I told (Searels) I came down to talk to you about where I wanted to go to school. Then we went into Mack Brown's office and made it official. They were ecstatic, just like I was."

"It's more of a homey feeling. I love everything about Texas. There is no downfall to it. I just love Texas," James said. "It's a big relief. Now I get to focus on my grades more because I don't have people calling me while I'm doing homework and things like that. It should be really good."

"First of all, he's an outstanding young man," Mullins said. "And he's a great teammate. Having said all that, he's an outstanding football player. With all of those things combined, it just makes him a special man to coach. We're happy for him making this decision. I think he really liked the situation and he just felt comfortable."

"It's a firm commitment," Mullins said. "He feels very good about it and he's proud to be a Longhorn."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two random updates...

**DT Vincent Taylor is scheduled to be in Austin for spring practice on Thursday.

**RB Dontre Wilson will make a trip to Oregon next week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This line is getting crazy, somewhere jonathan gray is smiling.
    The best thing about this is Texas has wrapped up the foundation for their 2013 OL (James, Perkins) in early March. When the spring evaluation period starts in mid-April, Searels will have more time to visit OOS studs, JUCO prospects and even start developing relationships with the 2014s. I can't wait to see what his next move is as I think the staff wants to take at least one more and he has no problem going national with his search. Exciting times and not enough can be said for how this recruiting plan has been executed to a T so far. 7% of the Rivals100 in the bag before the spring game is just stupid good.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    7% of the Rivals100 in the bag before the spring game is just stupid good.
    Seven in the top 100 is an excellent job when you have a full class. To do so with only 12 commits is another level.

#11 Tyrone Swoopes
    #13 Ricky Seals-Jones
    #25 Kent Perkins
    #51 Jake Raulerson
    #61 Jake Oliver
    #69 A'Shawn Robinson
    #92 Darius James

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Durham Smythe to make a decision this week, per Inside Texas.

The best thing about this is Texas has wrapped up the foundation for their 2013 OL (James, Perkins) in early March. When the spring evaluation period starts in mid-April, Searels will have more time to visit OOS studs, JUCO prospects and even start developing relationships with the 2014s. I can't wait to see what his next move is as I think the staff wants to take at least one more and he has no problem going national with his search. Exciting times and not enough can be said for how this recruiting plan has been executed to a T so far. 7% of the Rivals100 in the bag before the spring game is just stupid good.

I hope Maurice Porter will be a part of the final OL spot evaluation process. OOS and JUCO options should be explored. I know Searels likes the center from Georgia. I don't know if Trenton Brown is the right direction to go. Already having some conditioning issues with Moore and Hawkins, it might not be wise to bring in a kid that weighs 350.

James is a big pick up obviously. I think he's a center all the way, but others project him as a guard. Well I think Hamilton would project Micheal Oher as a guard.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Raulerson already on Smythe (whose plan is to announce Friday):

Jake Raulerson ‏ @JakeRaulerson55
    @D_Smythe88 Baker's Dozen??? #hookem

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Raulerson already on Smythe (whose plan is to announce Friday):

@D_Smythe88 Baker's Dozen??? #hookem

electus is robert nkemdiche...

@electus_1 you ever thought about the longhorns?? We are getting a pretty sick class together right now! Just a thought! #hookem

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    electus is robert nkemdiche...

@electus_1 you ever thought about the longhorns?? We are getting a pretty sick class together right now! Just a thought! #hookem
    Let us know if there's a response.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from OL Darius James (24/7):

“Coach Mullins told them they were going to come down and watch practice to take some notes, and they looked real surprised when I showed up,” James said. “I didn't waste any time. I told them what I wanted to do and they were real excited.”

"I always said when I made this decision that I was going to go to the place where my gut told me felt right,” James said. “I wanted a place that felt like home and a place where I feel comfortable. That's Texas. It just feels right.”

“He (Searels) was excited and I'm excited,” James said. “We have a great relationship. Coach Searels and Coach Brown make me feel like my coaches at Harker Heights do. They like winning, but they're also cool people.”

“I love this class that we're putting together,” James said. “We've got some great players like Jake Raulerson, Tyrone Swoopes and Kent Perkins. I've had a chance to meet some of those guys and they're all good people and this class is really talented.”

“It just makes Texas feel more like home,” James said. “I grew up with Camrhon and Naashon, and that makes going to Texas that much better. I'm going where I really want to be, but I also have some people there I really like."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let us know if there's a response.
    i don't know if nkemdiche even knows who raulerson is? nkemdiche posted his top 5 to twitter, and raulerson responded with that message. no response yet from nkemdiche, at least not publically.

robert nkemdiche ‏ @electus_1
    No order , Lsu uga Alabama clemson ole miss Florida top 5 right now where my fans at ??

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Dannon Cavil has committed to Ole Miss:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Cavil-127973

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i don't know if nkemdiche even knows who raulerson is? nkemdiche posted his top 5 to twitter, and raulerson responded with that message. no response yet from nkemdiche, at least not publically.
    Who knows with Nkemdiche. Raulerson is just a special breed because he keeps up with everyone and is a fan of recruiting. He knows a lot of people from all of his campus visits, he's participated in tons of combines and he reads the UT boards. Plus, the staff probably tells him who they're after before anyone else.

Thread Information