Page 40 of 207 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on Wilson and his Oregon visit?
    Haven't seen anything yet, bud. I may be mistaken but I believe that visit goes down tomorrow. March 12th is in my head for some reason.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And excellent news on Smythe. I'm pretty confident he'll end up in the Top 150 or so once this class is signed. He's a great TE prospect. To put things in perspective for this class so far (and another reason why I won't concede Manning), Mack has 19 offers out with 13 in the bag. Those remaining six are uncommitted with three of them being Texas leans (D. Wilson, Samples, Prevot). That leaves Manning, Harris and Bell. UT recruiting fans have many reasons to be optimistic.
    Remind me who Harris and Bell are?

There is a rumor on OrangeBloods from El Mahico (who is connected to Akina) that an in-state DB could be offered soon. Maurice Smith is my first guess if that's indeed true.
    Based on limited knowledge of what is out there, I see two instate DBs I'd like us to go after. Kameron Miles and Antwuan Davis both are over 6 feet and from what I've seen ranked higher than Smith, but of course that means nothing at this point.

Getting him around all of these other top-notch guys is an advantage UT has to work with if he does end up making it to Austin. Like you said, everyone wants to win and most blue-chippers want to play with other blue-chippers. No doubt he's aware of what's going on right now. Combine that with UT's great individual recruiters (both coaches and players) and I can't give up on Manning.
    Once he sees UT women romancing each other, he will be ours.

24/7 reporting that RB Dontre Wilson and WR Ra'Shaad Samples also plan to be at the UT spring game on April 1st. Wilson's father mentioned that they plan on taking a separate trip to Austin as well to meet with the coaches.
    I want Samples for the slot. After that I hope we close up shop on offensive skill positions and focus on Super Blues Dbs, and Oline.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Ketch on Justin Manning:

If you asked me to handicap the Justin Manning sweepstakes, I wouldn't rate Texas better than 15% at this point, but the longer this recruitment continues the better I like Texas' chances to get back into it. The biggest thing the Longhorns need is time? time to get him back on campus (maybe multiple times)? and time for him to think about where all of the other top prospects are going with or without him. The Longhorns are dominating the Metroplex, which means that he'll hear enough Longhorn stuff in the next 11 months to likely keep his attention. I think his recruitment gets interesting before all of the dust settles.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Remind me who Harris and Bell are?
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Harris-111777

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...nn-Bell-135878

Based on limited knowledge of what is out there, I see two instate DBs I'd like us to go after. Kameron Miles and Antwuan Davis both are over 6 feet and from what I've seen ranked higher than Smith, but of course that means nothing at this point.
    Hard to argue with Miles, but don't sleep on Smith over Davis. Smith is actually over 6' as well and is probably the more complete CB. Davis is a crazy athlete/track star but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith gets the nod should Akina decide to offer an in-state DB soon.

I want Samples for the slot. After that I hope we close up shop on offensive skill positions and focus on Super Blues Dbs, and Oline.
    Getting Warrick locked up early makes Samples more of a luxury at this point, but I'd still like to have him. I can see him committing to UT around the spring game. I'd honestly like to see an offer go out to Massington if Warrick is already pegged for the slot. UT needs a big deep threat on the outside.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good quotes from ATH Jacorey Warrick (24/7):

“This class is amazing,” Warrick said. “It was something I wanted to be a part of for sure. You have guys like Tyrone Swoopes and Ricky Seals-Jones on my side of the ball and just from that you know it’s loaded with talent. I don’t think I can be ranked as high as those guys, because they’re so talented, but it’s a blessing for me to be a part of this class.”

“I definitely see a national championship in our future,” said Warrick. “Between this class I’m in and last year’s, along with what else they have on campus, there’s just no stopping it. The talent is there, but it’s up to us. We all just have to come in and work hard. I see big things in our future if we just keeping doing that, and I know we will.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that it's going to be SLOOOOW this week. Team is off for Spring Break. We have to power through this next month or so until the spring evaluation period begins on April 15th and the coaches are allowed to hit the road.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Glad it'll be slow this week. I'm too busy with SXSW.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Glad it'll be slow this week. I'm too busy with SXSW.
    What projects do they have you working on?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SXSW ? Didn't realize it was this week. My wife really wanted to see it but she is in Tulsa this week and won't be back down until next week. She has me looking up some kind of latin festival show she wants to see.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The IT inside scoop is posted on free boards today -

http://insidetexas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29121

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott of La Porte is an animal. I can't believe that kid is a sop re.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that the staff may have reached out to another OOS safety prospect. This particular kid has offers from the SEC and Big 10. Some guesses:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...QuayIII-100111

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Conner-118324

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...2dmr6jGi5GPZB4

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mcquay and Willis have nice offer lists.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice to see that the best RB is from LT. Another year without a Westlake player

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mcquay and Willis have nice offer lists.
    Willis would make the most sense simply based on geography. If you're reaching out to DB Cole Luke, reach out to Willis as well. Kid plays in Brewer's district and you can actually see Brewer in his highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZGDWIwGKo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More on that OOS safety...24/7 also saying this prospect is telling those around him he does have a UT offer. That would be pretty big news.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Has Miles mentioned when he might commit? I hope he waits for a Longhorn scholarship.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Has Miles mentioned when he might commit? I hope he waits for a Longhorn scholarship.
    Quotes from Miles and Massington after JD2 had them waiting until at least spring. They know UT is coming by their school and they should get more information then. I believe the staff told LB Brett Wade that he'd know about an offer in two months or so. I guess it's a simliar deal for the West Mesquite boys.

Nice to see that the best RB is from LT. Another year without a Westlake player

I know I'm biased, but Shaun Nixon can play.

Good to see a Texas City player high on that list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Wescott Eberts twitter
    Cravens also has Texas offer. RT @21Sua: The three official visits I'm taking so far are michigan, nebraska, ohio st. Two more to decide on.

Seconds after, from Su'a Cravens twitter
    I don't think Texas has offered yet

Damn, I would love to get Cravens, Hutchings and Bosa!
    - I can dream, right?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The OOS safety is Shaan Washington from Alexandria, LA. The interest from Texas is mild at this point despite him thinking he may have a UT offer. He's talked to the staff once or twice but does not have an offer in hand. More or less Akina putting out some feelers it seems.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Damn, I would love to get Cravens, Hutchings and Bosa!
    - I can dream, right?
    They'll all need to get to campus before we can even consider them realistic possibilities. I'm surprised at the lack of interest from UT with Bosa (at least publically) since he took the initiative to reach out. I wonder if the staff is worried about giving out a bad vibe if they offer him with Manning uncommitted. He's a kid that needs to know he's UT's #1 at DT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from ATH Jacorey Warrick (24/7). He will be at the spring game on April 1st.

“I prefer offense if I had to choose,” Warrick said. “I mean, I can do whatever is needed of me, but I prefer to play on offense. That’s where I’ve always played and I think that I’m the most dangerous when I have the ball, rather than when I’m trying to get the ball or ball carrier.”

“Coach Wyatt was the main one recruiting me,” Warrick explained. “Well, he and Coach (Oscar) Giles. But Wyatt is my position coach and he, along with Coach (Mack) Brown, told me that they wanted me to be a Longhorn. Coach Wyatt said he wanted me to be a slot receiver and play for him and Texas.”

“He’s just a really cool guy,” said Warrick of Wyatt. “He’s someone I really wanted to play for after talking to him. Off the field, he’s cool, down to earth and real straight with you. Once you’re on the field, he’s a compe or and wants his guys to compete. He’ll just get right in to drills with the receivers and show them how it’s done. I really like that. That’s my kind of coach.”

“I thought why wait, why not commit now,” Warrick told Hookem.com. “I had a great time at the junior day, I had a great time meeting everyone and had a great time seeing everything. I talked with my parents coming back home, they were good with it. I talked to my head coach when I got back, he was good with it. I talked to my position coach and he was good with it. So why wait? Why not commit to the best school there is? So I did. It’s great. I’m happy to be a Longhorn.”

“I definitely see a national championship in our future,” said Warrick. “Between this class I’m in and last year’s, along with what else they have on campus, there’s just no stopping it. The talent is there, but it’s up to us. We all just have to come in and work hard. I see big things in our future if we just keeping doing that, and I know we will.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OU picks up #2 with DE Matt Dimon of Katy.

Thread Information