Page 42 of 207 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FWIW, quote from ATH Laquvionte Gonzalez on WR Ra'Shaad Samples:

"I’ve been talking to Ra’Shaad Samples a lot,” he said. “He still thinking but I think he going to come to A&M. I’m telling him it’s all about the SEC, we going to be on TV all the time and all the top players are going there. I told him it’s time to join this AggSwagg thing we got going on. Kenny Hill going to come to so I told him he better jump on board.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just FYI that Texas is having a pro day today for the seniors who are trying to make it to the NFL. Will post results when I see them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Trent Gow has told OrangeBloods that he will be in attendance for the UT spring game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice quote from DT Quincy Russell's JUCO coach:

"He went down there (UT campus) on his way to San Antonio and we went down there as a coaching staff to watch practice and just kind of keep him motivated," Trinity Valley head coach Brad Smiley said. "He stood there during drills and watched coach (Bo) Davis and watched those guys. Of course he knows several of them, so they were really great after practice and said to take care of your business man and get over here with us."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from OL Brandon Kublanow of Marietta, GA. Searels requested his film a few weeks ago:

"I haven't heard from Texas personally," he said. "There's not really been any communication between them and my coaches either."

"It's been very busy lately," said Kublanow. "I've been hearing a lot from Georgia, Clemson, Florida, North Carolina and Vanderbilt lately. They've all offered, along with Nebraska, Georgia Tech, South Florida, Duke, Maryland and more."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 LB Cameron Hampton of Dallas Carter has also confirmed he'll be at the UT spring game on April 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072OHQXc_cA

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Excellent news. Both WR John Harris and OLB Demarco Cobbs have been cleared.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting update from 24/7. ATH Chevoski Collins of Livingston is supposed to be speaking with the UT staff right now via phone. Since JD2 he's been in the mix for an offer at DB. He is also tentatively scheduled to attend the UT spring game next weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Three other small notes from 24/7...

**2014 ATH Nick Harvey of Lancaster has said he'll be Austin for the spring game.

**K Matt McCrane of Brownwood will also be there.

**QB Tyrone Swoopes will be competing in the Elite 11 QB camp to be held in Dallas this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Deon Hollins, Jr. of Fort Bend Marshall has committed to UCLA.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...s%20Jr.-116375

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The majority, if not all, of the 2013 commitments are scheduled to be in attendance for the UT spring game on April 1st, but here's the list of attendees that have confirmed so far. We'll build as we go like we did for Junior Days:

RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    WR, Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline
    DT, Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball
    ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston
    K, Matt McCrane, Brownwood
    --------------------------------------
    DE/LB, Hoza Scott, La Porte
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    ATH, Nick Harvey, Lancaster

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, DE Daeshon Hall is taking a visit to Baylor today with some of his Lancaster teammates. RG3 is having his pro day in Waco today so several recruits will be there watching. Nothing to worry about with Hall, however.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Deon Hollins, Jr. of Fort Bend Marshall has committed to UCLA.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...s%20Jr.-116375
    Forgot to mention that the Hollins family hasn't even visited UCLA yet. That's rare that a prospect pulls the trigger for a school he hasn't seen.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great quotes from LB Dalton Santos. He'll be in Austin this weekend for practice:

"I'm ready. I'm ready. I've never been more ready," Santos said. "I'm ready to knock some heads and do what I like to do. I'm ready to start football season already. It's eating at me. I'm ready to come in and get started."

"Ever since National Signing Day, I've just been training, focused on school, trying to get my stuff together for college. I'm trying to get ready, get my body right, get my mind right, so when I get up there, I can be ready to go," Santos said. "I plan on getting in there and getting a spot real quick."

"Things are going really well. I ran a 4.57 two weeks ago. I'm trying to get into the 4.4s,"
    Santos said.

"I'm mostly working on my flexibility, my speed, getting my weight down. When I get down (to Austin), I want to be fastest side to side and vertical linebacker they've got, and the biggest. I'm focused on key things like that. I feel like my strength is already there, I just need to work on my speed, get to where I can cover guys. I'm doing a lot of work on my hips, my lower body, getting more flexible, more athleticism."

"I guess it was just staying in Texas, staying close to my family and friends. It makes it easier on everybody, my parents and my grandparents. The family and friends, everything like that, really factored in for me," Santos said. "I'm far enough away from home that I don't have to come home, but if something happens I can. And everybody can come to the games. Making that switch was a big thing for me. My family has been Longhorns their whole lives, so it really worked out for the best."

"The coaches think if I can get the playbook down, I'll touch the field early for sure," Santos said. "I feel like they can't keep me off the field. That's the way I look at it. I plan on getting in there, no matter who is there, I'm going to get in there and get the job I want, I'm going to bust my butt to get it."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm starting to really love this Santos kid...he's talented as and best of all he is HUNGRY! Can't wait to see him help set that type of example for other players on the team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm starting to really love this Santos kid...he's talented as and best of all he is HUNGRY! Can't wait to see him help set that type of example for other players on the team.
    I think he's going to be a great teammate. When Mack did his annual National Signing Day press conference, I love that he mentioned how much the staff and current players "oohed and aahed" over his film because he laid so many people out. He's reckless and I hope he can crack the two-deep this fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The UT spring game has historically been a big weekend for recruiting and Inside Texas just posted that CB Cole Luke Of Chandler, AZ will be in attendance. Hopefully he'll receive his offer that weekend.

CB, Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ)
    --------------------------------------

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Add ATH Stanvon Taylor of Tulsa, OK to the spring game attendees list (24/7).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Several of the 2012 signees will be in Austin this Saturday for a prep weekend to make sure everything they need is in place for their enrollment in June. Here's the list so far:

QB, Jalen Overstreet, Tatum
    RB, Johnathan Gray, Aledo
    WR, Cayleb Jones, Austin High
    DT, Paul Boyette, Jr., Humble
    DT, Malcom Brown, Brenham
    DE, Bryce Cottrell, Plano West
    LB, Tim Cole, Brenham
    LB, Dalton Santos, Van
    ATH, Daje Johnson, Pflugerville Hendrickson
    ATH, Kendall Sanders, Athens
    Last edited by TFloss32; 03-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated spring game attendees list:

DT, Paul Boyette, Jr., Humble
    DT, Malcom Brown, Brenham
    LB, Tim Cole, Brenham
    CB, Bryson Echols, DeSoto
    --------------------------------------------------
    QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    LB, Deoundrei Davis, Cy-Woods
    CB, Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ)
    ATH, Stanvon Taylor, East Central (Tulsa, OK)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by TFloss32; 03-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Great quotes from LB Dalton Santos. He'll be in Austin this weekend for practice:

"I'm ready. I'm ready. I've never been more ready," Santos said. "I'm ready to knock some heads and do what I like to do. I'm ready to start football season already. It's eating at me. I'm ready to come in and get started."

"Ever since National Signing Day, I've just been training, focused on school, trying to get my stuff together for college. I'm trying to get ready, get my body right, get my mind right, so when I get up there, I can be ready to go," Santos said. "I plan on getting in there and getting a spot real quick."

"Things are going really well. I ran a 4.57 two weeks ago. I'm trying to get into the 4.4s,"
    Santos said.

"I'm mostly working on my flexibility, my speed, getting my weight down. When I get down (to Austin), I want to be fastest side to side and vertical linebacker they've got, and the biggest. I'm focused on key things like that. I feel like my strength is already there, I just need to work on my speed, get to where I can cover guys. I'm doing a lot of work on my hips, my lower body, getting more flexible, more athleticism."

"I guess it was just staying in Texas, staying close to my family and friends. It makes it easier on everybody, my parents and my grandparents. The family and friends, everything like that, really factored in for me," Santos said. "I'm far enough away from home that I don't have to come home, but if something happens I can. And everybody can come to the games. Making that switch was a big thing for me. My family has been Longhorns their whole lives, so it really worked out for the best."

"The coaches think if I can get the playbook down, I'll touch the field early for sure," Santos said. "I feel like they can't keep me off the field. That's the way I look at it. I plan on getting in there, no matter who is there, I'm going to get in there and get the job I want, I'm going to bust my butt to get it."

Are y'all starting to understand why I love Dalton Santos? He should be ready to go immediately. Inside Texas reported that Santos, Overstreet and Sanders were working out together in East Texas.
    Last edited by billfromlaketravis; 03-22-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Add ATH Stanvon Taylor of Tulsa, OK to the spring game attendees list (24/7).

I think Texas would take Taylor and Luke. Sounds like Luke is visiting Texas for 3 days with his uncle Darren Woodson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Killeen Shoemaker RB Johnny Jefferson has decommitted from Texas A&M.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Does anybody know if the spring game is going to be on The Longhorn Network? I hope not, we don't even have a cable co. that offers it out here.

Thread Information