Page 46 of 207 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Ra'Shaad Samples has been invited to Nike's The Opening later this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DT Vincent Taylor who has been looking for a UT offer (24/7):

“He (Akina) asked me if I had any interest in Texas and I told him that I absolutely do,” Taylor said. “He said he'll be happy to let Coach Brown know and he told me to be patient.”

“Mostly just Texas,” Taylor said. “Right now I'm focused on Texas.”

“Me and Malcolm Brown have been talking, and knowing I'd have the chance to play with him is big,” Taylor said. “He's been telling me all about Texas and how they'll help you academically and just what a great place it is to be.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Adding WR Cayleb Jones and S Adrian Colbert to the spring game list:

WR, Cayleb Jones, Austin High
    DT, Paul Boyette, Jr., Humble
    DT, Malcom Brown, Brenham
    LB, Tim Cole, Brenham
    CB, Bryson Echols, DeSoto
    S, Adrian Colbert, Mineral Wells
    --------------------------------------------------
    QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    WR, Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline
    TE, Trent Gow, Mansfield
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    DT, Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball
    DT, Vincent Taylor, San Antonio Madison
    DE, Torrodney Prevot, Alief Taylor
    LB, Deoundrei Davis, Cy-Woods
    CB, Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
    CB, Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ)
    CB, Maurice Smith, Fort Bend Dulles
    ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston
    ATH, Stanvon Taylor, East Central (Tulsa, OK)
    K, Matt McCrane, Brownwood
    QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer
    WR, Keenen Brown, Alief Taylor
    OL, Jovan Pruitt, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    DE/LB, Hoza Scott, La Porte
    DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    CB, Cedric Collins, Dallas Skyline
    CB, Chris Hardeman, Alief Taylor
    CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    ATH, Nick Harvey, Lancaster

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Below is the All-Camp Team from the Nike NFTC. 2014 DE Solomon Thomas of Coppell and 2014 S Tony Brown of Beaumont Ozen making it as sop res is pretty impressive. They'll be high on UT's list. Prevot as the overall MVP speaks for his ability and I hope the staff continues to look at OL Maurice Porter as an additional take.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/footb...-all-camp-team

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seeing WR Eldridge Massington kill it wherever he goes hurts my soul.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 OL Kealvin Davis of Garland Lakeview Centennial who turned some heads at the Nike NFTC (24/7). It's obviously extremely early for that class but it's worth talking about because Texas is already making a lot of noise with the sop res and their class has the potential to be really good:

“I’ve been hearing from many different schools even though it’s early,” Davis told Hookem.com. “But I don’t really worry about that. You can let it affect you or anything like that. You can’t start thinking higher of yourself because you’re getting letters or whatever. You just have to continue to push yourself to be better. “

“The Longhorns have been in touch some,” explained Davis. “I’m actually supposed to be heading down to Austin this summer to take in one of their camps in June. I’m really excited about that and am looking forward to it. I’m ready to put myself on display and try to prove to them that I’m definitely worth the look.”

“I can’t lie, Texas is my favorite school,” he said. “They are the school for me for sure. If they offered I’d jump on board in a heartbeat, there’s no doubt about it. I’d jump right on it without thinking twice. No hesitation what so ever. I’d be 100 percent happy with my decision. I’ve always been a big Longhorn fan for as long as I can remember. They’ve just always been my team since I started watching football. I’ve never rooted for anyone else. They’re the best there is. It’s that simple.”

“I just love everything about Texas,” said Davis. “From their style of playing football, to their crazy fans, to their winning tradition. It just all goes together there and it’s great. Of course I also really like Mack Brown. He just seems like a great guy and a great coach. He’s definitely someone I’d love to play for if the opportunity was available and I hope it will become available one day soon.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seeing WR Eldridge Massington kill it wherever he goes hurts my soul.
    I feel your pain, TFloss...still hoping that someday the Texas coaches
    can extend an offer to he and Miles...and it not be too late.

I see LSU scooping those 2 up pretty soon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Torrodney Prevot offered by USC today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Corey Robinson (D Rob's son) has committed to Notre Dame.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...obinson-134773

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quotes from RB Dontre Wilson (OrangeBloods):

"It was fun (the unofficial to Oregon). I enjoyed it. The football aspect of it was top notch," Wilson said.

"I'll probably make my decision during the summer," Wilson said. "I'm thinking about taking a trip out to Ohio St. I don't know if I'm going to do it for sure, but I'm thinking about it."

"Texas, they have all the big backs but if I was to go to Texas I would have my own thing. Like Oregon does for De'Anthony Thomas, I could do that at Texas," Wilson said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 CB Darrion Johnson of Brenham (24/7). He is another priority for next year and you'll be able to see why. Says he wants to get to Austin this Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGnA1nnKNU

“Up to this point I’ve heard from a few different schools,” Johnson said. “It’s mostly been stuff from Texas and Texas A&M. I’ve had a chance to talk to them a little bit. That’s about it so far. Nothing has gotten too serious, yet.”

“I’d say right now my favorite schools are LSU, Texas and Texas A&M,” he explained. “Those are my top three anyway. I like them all.”

“They’ve (Texas) seen me up close when they came to check out (2012 Texas commits) Malcom (Brown) and Tim (Cole),” said Johnson. “I didn’t really get to talk to them long, I just sort of bumped into them. Coach (Oscar) Giles introduced himself and told me he was from Texas. We didn’t get to talk too much though.”

“Texas is a really good school,” he said. “I like their coaches a lot. They seem like great guys. I want to get to know them better for sure. They’ve done a great job of coaching up their defensive backs and making them great players. Plus, there are plenty of them playing in the NFL too, so they know what they’re doing for sure.”

“I also think a lot of Texas’ academics,” Johnson told Hookem.com. “They offer a great education, which is something that is very important to me. You can’t always play football forever, so you’re going to need something to fall back on. If football didn’t work out in the long run, I’d have that diploma as a backup. That goes a long way.”

“Texas does fit what I’m looking for in a school,” he explained, “which is great coaches who I get along with, a school that has great academics and just a school I feel comfortable at. I want to be somewhere that fits me.”

“Right now I’m hoping to go to Texas’ spring game,” said. “I want to go for sure. I’ll also be camping there when they do their summer camps, so I’ll at least get to visit then.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    **Bad news per 24/7. DT Justin Manning has decided against attending the UT spring game so we'll take him off of the list. Unless he visits on his own time before summer rolls around, the next opportunity to get him to Austin will be for the June summer camp. That's a decent hit to UT's recruiting efforts considering so many commitments will be in town this weekend.

**Also from 24/7, OL Maurice Porter has been offered by A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some quotes from Swoopes, Warrick, Smythe and Oliver about working on the future passing game at the Nike NFTC this past weekend (24/7):

“I tried to call him out a little bit,” Oliver said of seeking out Swoopes' turn to throw in hopes of catching his passes. “The lines got kind of mixed up but I got to work with him quite a bit.”

“I was really impressed,” Smythe said. “He's known for running the ball and yet he's coming out here in an atmosphere where he's the MVP of the quarterbacks and he can't run it, then obviously he can throw. I'm real confident in his ability.”

"He's going to be good,” Oliver said. “I'm excited about his progression, what he's done, and the fact that he's getting better.”

“There's those question marks because he comes from a 2A school and people wonder how developed he is and things like that,” Smythe said. “If he comes out here with the best of the best and he's the MVP of the quarterbacks – he can work on some things but he's the best out here.”

“The reassurance of being on the offensive side,” Warrick said of why he picked Texas. “That played a big part.”

"Just get the ball in my hands and let me make plays after that,” Warrick said. “They've talked to me about kickoff return and maybe punt return.”

“He treats me right,” Oliver said of Wyatt. “I know on and off the field he'll be a good coach for me.”

“They're both (Oliver and Warrick) very good receivers,” Swoopes said. “I really enjoyed throwing to both of them. I'm just happy they'll be on my team.”

“When you look at what they (Texas) do, you definitely get to see what the coaches are talking about,” Smythe said. “They've got that guy like D.J. Grant who can work down the seam and then you've got a guy like M.J. McFarland who they can motion all over the place and do different things with. It's exciting to be in an offense where the tight end is such a key piece.”

el mero mero
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    **Bad news per 24/7. DT Justin Manning has decided against attending the UT spring game so we'll take him off of the list. Unless he visits on his own time before summer rolls around, the next opportunity to get him to Austin will be for the June summer camp. That's a decent hit to UT's recruiting efforts considering so many commitments will be in town this weekend.

**Also from 24/7, OL Maurice Porter has been offered by A&M.
    I'm not sure anyone was expecting Manning to come here anyway. After his Jr. day he made comments about how boring it was. Compound that with the fact that he is coat thief's brother and we have a .1% chance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I see LSU scooping those 2 up pretty soon.
    Not a bad guess for the West Mesquite guys. I do think they prefer Texas and have said they'd like to wait for the coaching staff to come by their school during the spring eval period before making any premature moves, but it's hard to turn down an offer like that (especially when UT hasn't offered and might not at all). You can't expect blue-chippers like them to have extreme patience when offers are pouring in from everywhere and if they have the opportunity to attend a powerhouse football school together.

With the versatility that Warrick provides you, I'd like to see the staff go ahead and offer Massington no matter what Samples chooses to do. He's a different WR than any of the others already in the bag. I like Inside Texas' comparison that he's a M. Williams with hands. I'd also like to see the staff lock up Smith at CB and Miles/Baltimore at S. That gives you the freedom to chase the OOS studs (Bell/Harris/Luke) for as long as you'd like and it doesn't hurt as bad if you strike out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not sure anyone was expecting Manning to come here anyway. After his Jr. day he made comments about how boring it was. Compound that with the fact that he is coat thief's brother and we have a .1% chance.
    I agree that it's difficult to pull any positive thoughts from this recruitment and I'm not exactly expecting him to choose UT, but I also don't think it's this impossible task because of who his recruiters are (Wyatt and Davis). I've learned not to doubt those two so I can't concede Manning right now even if that makes me naive. Hopefully it's true what people around him are saying that he's genuinely wide open, doesn't know what he wants and is in no hurry to make a decision. I like Texas' recruiting prowess more than any other school recruiting him if given the proper time. LSU will make things more difficult when/if they turn up the heat.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention that both WR Eldridge Massington and S Kameron Miles are scheduled to be in Baton Rouge on Saturday for LSU's spring game. We'll see what happens if they receive offers. Miles has an invite from the staff to attend the spring game on Sunday (I assume Massington does as well) but he says he will not be there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    News came down today that former five-star RB Brandon Williams (class of 2011) has been denied approval for the hardship waiver he filed upon transferring to A&M from Oklahoma last year. He was attempting to play in 2012 but he'll have to sit out a year to satisfy the NCAA's Division I transfer rule.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation article on UT trying to replace RB Fozzy Whittaker on special teams:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...turn-candidate

Post Count
    The williams move doesn't really even affect us.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big news, looks like Vonn Bell is making it to Austin this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas' offensive transformation close to complete

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...se-to-complete

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest practice pics. One of the new uniform concepts is on the last slide:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c....gal?id=116742

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big news, looks like Vonn Bell is making it to Austin this weekend.

WR, Cayleb Jones, Austin High
    DT, Paul Boyette, Jr., Humble
    DT, Malcom Brown, Brenham
    LB, Tim Cole, Brenham
    CB, Bryson Echols, DeSoto
    S, Adrian Colbert, Mineral Wells
    QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    WR, Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline
    TE, Trent Gow, Mansfield
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    DT, Vincent Taylor, San Antonio Madison
    DE, Torrodney Prevot, Alief Taylor
    LB, Deoundrei Davis, Cy-Woods
    CB, Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
    CB, Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ)
    CB, Maurice Smith, Fort Bend Dulles
    S, Vonn Bell, Ridgeland (Rossville, GA)
    ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston
    ATH, Stanvon Taylor, East Central (Tulsa, OK)
    K, Matt McCrane, Brownwood
    QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer
    WR, Keenen Brown, Alief Taylor
    OL, Jovan Pruitt, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    DE/LB, Hoza Scott, La Porte
    DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    CB, Cedric Collins, Dallas Skyline
    CB, Chris Hardeman, Alief Taylor
    CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    ATH, Nick Harvey, Lancaster