Page 49 of 207 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7 this afternoon, CB Cole Luke of Chandler, AZ said his UT visit went well but he was unsure if he had an offer at this point. I'm sure things will get cleared up as they usually do but I'm not jumping to conclusions since I think Akina wants to be discrete about an offer to Luke. Like I mentioned earlier, he may an offer in hand but Akina wants to keep it quiet as to not alienate the in-state DBs. Davis and Smith have tons of offers to choose from but it looks like they'll wait on UT to make a move before choosing to proceed with another school.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Article on Ricky's new statue (HornsNation):

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/fo...statue-stadium

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So you guys did offer Antwuan Davis? I really like the kid, one of my favorites in 2013.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maurice smith offered today also to Ho along with Davis.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recruitocosm ‏ @Recruitocosm Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @ericnahlin hears that Texas is taking 3 DB's.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Antwuan Davis, Maurice Smith Receive Texas Offers At Long Last

http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...s-at-long-last

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty cool that both Smith and Davis, who thought they were competing for the same spot at one time, were hanging out together at the spring game yesterday. They got in contact with each other right after they were offered to talk and have supposedly become friends through this process. Both will be Longhorns eventually, imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recruitocosm ‏ @Recruitocosm Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @ericnahlin hears that Texas is taking 3 DB's.
    Could be referring to some rumors on Texas deciding to offer S Kameron Miles as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DB Antwuan Davis of Bastrop:

"It happened (the offer) at about 1:30 today at the end of lunch. I spoke with Duane Akina and Mack Brown. We spoke for a while and Akina said he'd like to offer. He sees me playing for them and I felt like I fit in perfectly."

"Mack Brown said he told Coach Akina that it's time to make a decision. I'm surprised at the time I've been waiting for it. Mack Brown joked that he put pressure on Coach Akina to get it done and to make it happen."

"They are still very high on my list. They have always been one of my favorite schools. They are one of my dream team offers, but I still want to go through the process of evaluating schools. I want to make sure that I make the right decision."

"My parents have spoken to most of my top schools and they approve of all of them. I feel like I'm close to a decision. I’m not saying its Texas, but I feel like I'm getting close."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DB Maurice Smith of Fort Bend Dulles:

"My head coach at wasn't at school today, so they called our offensive coordinator and told me to call Coach Giles. I called as I was walking to lunch and we talked."

"He said Duane Akina and Mack Brown talked this morning and wanted to offer and they let (Antwaun Davis and I) know we had an offer.”

"I'm very blessed to have this opportunity. I am very excited about it. Duane Akina explained why it has been a slow process. It feels great for both of us (Davis and Smith)."

"No, the reason why I didn’t commit is because I have made a couple of commitments to visit other colleges (Alabama and OK State). I talked to my parents and we already had those plans and it's important to stick to those commitments.”

"We've been waiting (on a UT offer), but it's not about our time, it's about Texas doing what they need to do first."

"I'm not saying they are number one, but they are a team that's up there for sure."

"I don't want to commit too early. These next two visits will help me solidify things after taking those trips. But, Texas explained to me that time is limited and that a decision has to be made somewhat soon. They are not pressuring me at all; they just explained that if I don't want to come there that they might have to look at offering other players."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not sure which site reported the news first, but DT Vince Taylor received word today that he needed to get in touch with the UT coaching staff. He tried to do so earlier but was unable to get through and said he will try again tomorrow. Sounds like another offer could be on the way. If that does end up going down and knowing he'll likely commit on the spot, that would lead you to believe that DT Justin Manning has not been giving the staff positive feedback lately. Here are some recent quotes from Taylor after the spring game:

"It was pretty good," Taylor said of the visit to Texas. "They had a nice crowd. I got to see what the defense does and what kind of defense they run. They were mixing it up."

"Just to see how their defense gets to the ball and what kind of plays they run," he said. "That's what I wanted to see and it turned out pretty good."

"Right now it's Texas No. 1," Taylor said. "I've been talking to Baylor so they're up there, and Uo H and Vanderbilt have been on me pretty hard, so probably them too."

"Just knowing when I went to their junior day they showed me they were interested in me," he said. "I got a chance to talk to coach Mack Brown and he gave me a couple of words. I feel like if I did go there I'll have a better chance of playing, and I felt like I was at home when I went there."

"I just can't wait for spring ball to show the (Texas) coaches what I have," he said. "And show them what I've done in the weight room and that I'm ready for the next level."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7 this evening, DE Torrodney Prevot is scheduled to call UT tomorrow in order to set up an unofficial visit for him and his family in the near future. I'm not sure if they accompanied him to Baton Rouge this past weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Max Olson ‏ @max_olson
    Georgia S Vonn Bell loved his visit to Texas. Biggest reasons: "The coaching staff, their families and most of all Coach Akina!"

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those quotes from Davis and Smith sound so familiar. And the story always ends with a commitment to Texas. Will be great to have those guys on board!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those quotes from Davis and Smith sound so familiar. And the story always ends with a commitment to Texas. Will be great to have those guys on board!
    Sounds like Davis will fall first if Smith keeps his commitment to those other visits.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DE Torrodney Prevot (24/7):

“They got in touch with my coaches and invited me down to their spring game, but obviously I couldn’t make it in since I was at LSU this weekend too,” explained Prevot. “Then one of the Texas coaches, Coach (Oscar) Giles, shot me an e-mail yesterday telling me to get in touch with him and let’s see what’s up with me getting down there. I’m actually going to try and call him (Tuesday) to see if he can get that going.”

“My family really wants to go down there to Austin and check everything out with me,” Prevot told Hookem.com. “They want to see what Texas is about, too. Like I said, I’m going to call and set that up. I’m going to try and set that visit up for sometime soon, like over the next few weeks so we can visit, then we’ll go from there.”

“The LSU visit went pretty well,” Prevot said. “It was really busy, but pretty good. I liked it down there. There was a lot going on since it was their spring game and all. It made me sure of my decision of them being in one of my top spots.”

“I’d say right now, in no particular order or anything, my top schools would be LSU, Texas and Texas A&M,” Prevot said. “I’m not really sure about the others yet, but I’m still open. But at the moment anyway, I guess you could say it’s a race between them.”

“I’m pretty sure I have a game plan set as far as committing and all that stuff goes,” Prevot told Hookem.com. “After seeing everything I want to see and getting all the information on the schools, I’ll probably commit over the next few months. Summertime is what I’m thinking. I’ll check out Texas over the next few weeks, see the Texas A&M spring game, then it will be after that. Not too much longer at all really.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Funny story on Rivals today about a quartet of Texas Tech recruits that included WR Devin Lauderdale and LB Reggie Chevis. They were scheduled to see the Tech spring game two weeks ago and basically ended up about an hour away from the Louisiana border before they realized they were going in the complete opposite direction of Lubbock. They didn't make the game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Jake Oliver will be participating in the Gridiron Kings 7-on-7 event later this summer.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Funny story on Rivals today about a quartet of Texas Tech recruits that included WR Devin Lauderdale and LB Reggie Chevis. They were scheduled to see the Tech spring game two weeks ago and basically ended up about an hour away from the Louisiana border before they realized they were going in the complete opposite direction of Lubbock. They didn't make the game.

Pretty funny, I saw that too -

http://texastech.rivals.com/content....43&CID=1350756

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To follow up on DT Vince Taylor...the staff did not offer him today but he was told that they plan to be by Madison HS during the spring evaluation period which starts in less than two weeks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 RB Varshaun Nixon of Austin Lake Travis after the UT spring game:

"The experience was fun," Nixon said. "Being in that facility and talking with the coaches, it was a great environment. I really liked it. I liked all the pictures they had of the NFL players and great players they have had go to school. I really can't say too much. I hope they keep recruiting me so I can keep going back."

"The part where we got to go on the field before the game and the part where we got to meet all the other recruits (stood out the most)," Nixon said.

"I went out there and they all knew me," Nixon said. "They knew my name already. I was really surprised to have Major Applewhite or Mack Brown know who I am."

"Texas is up there," Nixon said. "They're one of the best schools in the nation, so they're going to be there. I have to look for the program that is going to fit me best though. Texas is up there. I would go to Texas, but I don't know how they really feel about me."

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why ME?? ‏ @TorrodneyPrevot Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Im thinking about pushing my commitment date back.

I think like close to or in October.

Sorry, I know alot of people were waiting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great radio interview with CB Antwuan Davis of Bastrop:

http://espnaustin.com/audiovault/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from LB Deoundrei Davis after the UT spring game:

"It was different because it was an actual game atmosphere," Davis said. "I've never been to a game, so I didn't know what it was like. That was different about this visit. I liked it a lot. I can't wait to play there."

"That's amazing. Playing in front of a big crowd is something I like," he said. "Really, every time I walk into that stadium, I get that feeling and think about that."

"We've (UT) got a good team this season. We have a chance to do good things this year. I can't wait to add onto that," Davis said. "When I was there, I really focused on my position and really tried to see what they do, how they do things.

"I watched Cobbs a lot. I like to do the same things as him, really. He's a good player. I play like him and we kind of do some of the same things."

"I talked to Jacorey (Warrick) and Jake Oliver and Jake Raulerson," Davis said. "It's really cool seeing those guys. We mostly talk about high school football, the team we have put together at Texas and our plans for the future."

"Texas was always my dream school based on sports and academics," Davis said. "Having that opportunity, I couldn't resist."

"My commitment is to Texas. They call my coach sometimes and I have him relay that message," Davis said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 DE Solomon Thomas of Coppell:

"The tour was a lot of fun, just seeing the facilities and everything. Then hearing the coaches and what they had to say to us, how I felt so comfortable when I was talking to the coaches. That was what stood out the most," Thomas said. "I was happy to be there and had a great time."

"Coach Wyatt was talking to me about recruiting stuff, since he recruits my area. Coach Giles talked about the defensive ends and how they're recruiting me, how it's about education, things like that."

"Texas is definitely up there. They're probably around No. 1, but I'm so young I can't decide anything right now," Thomas said. "But they're definitely up there."

"I live in Texas. I like Texas, I really like the coaches, they made me feel comfortable how they're all about education," Thomas said. "They emphasize the student in student athlete. It's a great school and known to be a great program. It would be an honor to play there."

"Some of my strengths are trying to be physical, running to the ball, working hard on every play," Thomas said. "I have some things to improve on - speed, getting faster and definitely my pass rush. I need to work on everything really, but those are main things to be the best I can be."

Thread Information