Page 50 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OG/C Patrick Morris of Denton Guyer has committed to TCU. I dig his profile picture on Rivals as it looks like he's about to let go of a giant fart:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Morris-124772

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Top QB according to Rivals and Scout picked USC over its 10:42pm and OU still sucks.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._browne05.html

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting tweet if true by Rashaad Samples to Peter Jenkins. He's responding to Peter joking that Texas doesn't want him any more after his injury.

Rashaad Samples
    and Texas do still want me ask coach chambers or coach Wyatt!! But coach diaz said you gone play safety

I hope he's lying, cause no way he comes here wanting to play safety.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rashaad Samples
    and Texas do still want me ask coach chambers or coach Wyatt!! But coach diaz said you gone play safety
    The way it's written looks like Samples was making fun of Jinkens in return by telling him he was going to play safety and not linebacker. Imo, no way UT tells Samples he's a safety at his size. I had the chance to see Jinkens when I was in Austin on Sunday. He's definitely 200 lbs. but he'll need time with Bennie.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT's 2011 defensive highlights. Speed and more speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...nc6oU0Qc#t=39s

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 S Tony Brown of Beaumont Ozen after the UT spring game:

"The coaches actually knew who I was. Coach (Duane) Akina knew who I was right away, shook my hand and talked to me. Then the defensive coordinator shook my hand and talked to me," Brown said. "Some of the players I didn't know went to Texas play on the football team, like D.J. Monroe and Sheroid Evans. I also liked how aggressive the defensive coordinator is."

"With Texas, I grew up as a little kid, all through middle school I watched Texas. It was like a dream school," Brown said. "Then it's actually coming to life that I could actually have a chance to go to Texas. I'm just working hard, but that's amazing to me. There are going to be some hard decisions that I'll have to make my senior year."

"I saw Monroe on the back of the jersey, and my dad was like 'That's D.J.' I was like, 'Nah he didn't go to Texas.' I really lost touch with D.J. after he won state and went to college. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade at that time."

"They said they like my size. I'm bigger than a lot of their cornerbacks that they're recruiting," Brown said. "They watched some highlights and heard about me at the Nike training camp and said I have really nice feet, so that's good. They said I'm very young to be doing the stuff that I'm doing. Coach (Manny) Diaz, said I could be blitzing as a DB or from the corner for them."

"I set a goal my freshman year. I set out to be the number one recruit in the nation. I know to do that, I have to get exposure and compete well. I want to excel while I'm competing, show that I'm the best. That's the main reason I'm going to these combines, to see how I stack up," Brown said.

"My weakness is probably my aggressiveness. I try to play really aggressive. When I hit somebody, I have the intent so they don't get back up. My strong points are how I use my speed on the field, how I close in on tackles quickly," Brown said. "I think I have good ball instincts, read the quarterback's eyes, read how a wide receiver is lined up, things like that. I need to work on my aggressiveness and just keep a cool head all time."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quotes from DT Justin Manning (24/7):

“I haven't talked to them (Texas) in a while, but I'm still interested,” Manning said. “I was supposed to go to the spring game but my ride fell through and I had some school stuff on Saturday and it all ended up to where I couldn't go.”

“I'd like to at some point (take an unofficial to Texas),” Manning said. “I haven't started looking at what I'll do this summer, but I hope I can make it down there.”

“They're on the comeback and that's good because they've been a traditionally winning program,” Manning said. “I know they've got some great players there and more on the way. I can see myself playing at a school like that.”

“Really all I was trying to say was that if they (Oklahoma) had offered me early before other schools got in the picture I'd have committed,” Manning said. “They're not out of it or anything. They've got a winning tradition and I still like them, it's just that now I'm willing to look at more schools.”

“There hasn't been that one school that's just jumped out at me,” Manning said. “I've been to some places and seen some good things, but there hasn't been that one school that makes me feel like I could just choose to go there right now.”

“I care about playing, but it's okay if there are great players in front of me and I have to redshirt,” Manning said. “I just want to win because I think it would be tough to go somewhere and work hard during the week knowing you're going to lose on Saturday.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 RB Donald Catalon of Aldine Eisenhower (24/7):

“Spring football is coming up soon and I’m pumped about it,” Catalon said. “I’m real excited about that because I’m ready for some football for sure. I’m going to try and get over 2,000 yards this season, so it all starts here. I’m really planning on coming on strong."

“I think I did pretty good (at the Nike NFTC), but felt like I could have done better,” Catalon said. “I just want to build off that.”

”I’ve already heard from Texas and TCU some,” said Catalon. “They’ve asked my coaches about me and that type of stuff. I had a coach from Texas come check me out last spring. I can’t remember who he was, but he was watching me closely. As far as TCU, my cousin plays at there, so I guess he’s been telling them about me.”

“I’d say right now LSU is my number one,” Catalon said. “They’re definitely my favorite. I really want to hear more from them. I’m hoping they’ll like me. I also really like Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas and Alabama. I really like the way all of those guys play, especially LSU. I like how they play on both sides of the ball, it’s real impressive to me.”

"Like I said, I do like Texas,” he said. “They’re a great program. I actually went to Texas’ summer camp last year and was real impressed. Everything was real cool down there and the facilities are very nice. Plus the coaches seem like great people who are easy to get along with. They’re very friendly, but at the same time, can coach you up.”

“I look at them (Texas) and see a lot of top athletes,” said Catalon. “They always have the best of the best, so it’s going to be hard to play over there, or at least that’s what I hear. Getting to play is obviously big for me, so I’m looking at their depth chart and I see it’s stacked.”

“We’ll see what happens,” Catalon said. “I’ll just have to keep an eye on them.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two random notes from 24/7:

**CB Maurice Smith is scheduled to visit Alabama this weekend.

**Texas is still talking with DT Joey Bosa of Fort Lauderdale, FL. They continue to tell him that he'll need to visit Austin before receiving an offer and he may show up on campus this summer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from S Vonn Bell on UT:

"Everybody is family there. Everybody has each other's back 100 percent. Coach (Duane) Akina, coach Mack Brown - Akina really stood out to me," Bell said. "He really cares about his players, wants them to stand out on the field and off the field, get his degree."

"He had his wife into it, his kids into it. That's really a big part of my decision, how a school is family oriented and how everybody is into it."

"I'm really looking into more than just football. It's more the people, how they act," Bell said. "It's the next four or five years so I want to see who I'd be with and who would be taking care of things."

"All of the schools are trying to get the best of the best. They haven't talked to me about (their timeline), but they want the best people in the nation. Texas doesn't go out of state often, so it means a lot when they do go out of state for a player," Bell said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The entire dedication ceremony for Ricky's statue:

http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=314031

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video report for the spring game:

http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=313899

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The entire spring game for those who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hxmYRn3T7U

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    DE Jay Arnold has committed to A&M.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tulsa/footba...-Arnold-125648

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A new look for TCU:

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ketch's take on the status of the 2013 class...

-----
    The rest of the 2013 class isn't rocket science?

The Longhorns are sitting at 13 commitments (I'm not counting Naashon Hughes as a grayshirt until we know for sure that he'll need to do so) and currently have offers out to six in-state prospects, along with a smattering of out of state guys.

The best case scenario would likely have them taking another running back, another receiver, a defensive tackle, a defensive end, a couple of defensive backs and maybe another tight end. If you take the tight end, along with the other targets, you're sitting at 20 scholarships and counting on some attrition to get you there.

The current in-state offers: DeSoto running back Dontre Wilson, Dallas Skyline wide receiver Ra'Shaad Samples, Alief Taylor defensive end Torrodney Prevot, Dallas Kimball defensive tackle Justin Manning, Bastrop cornerback Antwuan Davis and Sugar Land Dulles cornerback Maurice Smith.

Forget about the out of state kids right now because those guys are the gravy to this group's dinner. If they landed all six in-state guys, the commitment list would stand at 19 and they'd simply cherry-pick a five-star type prospect or two if they are available, otherwise they can shut it down and save whatever scholarships they can for the loaded 2014 class.

Of the six mentioned, I think they will likely land both Davis and Smith before May 1. The expectation was that Samples would have committed already, but if something happens and they don't land him, they could probably have a commitment from an equal prospect in Eldridge Massington. The Longhorns remain a very strong candidate for Wilson and I think the smart money still has to be on them.

Also, if the Longhorns missed on the remaining offensive skill offers, they could choose to save those scholarships if they wanted because of the players already secured in this class at both running back and wide receiver.

So, what we're talking about is a defensive tackle and a pass rusher.

Manning isn't likely going to happen and Prevot is anyone's guess at this point. Therefore, if the Longhorns are going to look nationally or into the JUCO ranks for anything, it would be at these two positions. Of course, Quincy Russell and Vincent Taylor also loom as possible interior line prospects.

If Akina can land a War Daddy or a big-time national tight end emerges as a candidate, then the Longhorns will likely make room, but without unknown game-changers taken into consideration, this is the plan.

I'm not sure we'll have many remaining questions by the end of May.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    247 saying Hoza Scott will visit Texas A&M this weekend to check out a scrimmage.

For those that don't know Scott is 2014 LB that is considered one of top prospects in state.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks, rkell. My bad on the link.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Had to post these here as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas Tech national championship team transferring to different school:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/e...?urn=top,wp394

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any updates on Pollard?

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any updates on Pollard?
    Anything I've read about him is about Georgetown or Alabama.

Cameron Ridley will sign tomorrow though.
    Sterling Gibbs is transfering away
    Jordan Clarkson, currently playing for Tulsa, might transfer here but he would have to sit out a year.

Demarcus Holland, teammate of Ibeh, committed to Texas. Underwhelming pickup but okay with Gibbs leaving.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/basketba...Holland-107286

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Arkansas fires Petrino

Thread Information