Page 51 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Arkansas fires Petrino
    Malzahn and Holtz (Skip) seem to be most popular names being thrown around as replacements.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pollard is visiting Georgetown this weekend, after which he will make his decision. In other words, don't get your hopes up.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tom Lemmings top 100 for 2013

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/EcHNvFP...13-top-100.htm

Commits
    4 - Tyrone Swoopes QB
    6 - Ricky Seals-Jones ATH
    20 - Darius James G/C
    54 - Jake Raulerson OT
    70 - A'Shawn Robinson OT
    77 - Kent Perkins OT

Notables
    5 - Su'a Cravens S
    45 - Marcell Harris S
    53 - DJ Ward
    58 - Antwuan Davis DB
    62 - Torrodney Prevot DE
    67 - Joey Bosa, DE

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quotes from DE Bryce Cottrell:

"I always kind of knew in the back of my mind I'd switch because Texas was always my dream school," Cottrell said. "Plus Texas needed defensive ends to play early, it's a better education, it just seemed like a better long-term solution."

"Every one of my family likes Texas too," Cottrell said.

"The spring game really fun. It was kind of cool seeing the Ricky Williams statue," Cottrell said. "I was watching the d-line and they were playing really well. The defense did outstanding."

"I've been running track, lifting with the workout program they gave me at Texas. I've seen a lot of progress. I was 225 pounds but I'm back up to 233. I recently ran my 40 and got a 4.56 laser-timed," Cottrell said.

"I can drop some, but for Texas they want me to play defensive end. But with Manny Diaz you never know what you'll be doing," Cottrell said.

"They told me (at the spring game) that I'm doing fine and keep up the good work," Cottrell said. "They told me to come in ready, that I'll have a great chance of playing as a true freshman. They said if I understand the playbook, I'll be playing."

"I'm really excited to be a part of the Longhorn family and everything. I'm really looking forward to it," Cottrell said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And quotes from DE Torshiro Davis who was also at the UT spring game:

"We talked about the same things as when they recruited me. They said with Jeffcoat out, they don't really have anyone to take his spot. They were saying, with him out with the injury, I'm going to need to be ready to come in and play."

"I wasn't trying to gain weight. I wanted to stay at about 225 for track season. I really don't know how I'm putting on the weight (he's up to 235)," Davis said. "I'm keeping my speed though so it will be good for me when I get to Texas."

"I really just want to get better, get ready for the season. I don't want it to be a surprise for me when I get there," Davis said. "I don't want to get down there and be looking like I'm out of it."

"I'm very confident. There's never been a problem with my confidence,"
    he said. "Now I just have to back it up."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Ra'Shaad Samples on his injury and future plans (24/7):

“I’m really staying motivated by people telling me what they think I can or cannot do or how fast or slow I will come back,” Samples said. “The last time I got hurt it was really bad. I broke my fibula, tibia, ankle bone and had some minor ligament damage. That was my sop re year but I came back so much faster and stronger. I actually had more strength in my broken ankle from rehabbing it so well. I just like to prove people wrong so I guess I’ll have to do it again.”

“My dad was telling me about how things can change,” he said. “For me, I’m so hard-headed about it. At first, I didn’t understand because I was a little stubborn and angry about hurting my ankle. He was telling me coaches are still calling and wanting to honor my scholarship. Me being so hard-headed, so one-minded and aggressive, I was like, ‘It don’t matter.If they want me, they want me.’ I feel good though. Every school I’ve talked to has told me it’s cool. I would be hurt if something like that does happen but luckily it hasn’t.”

“Honestly, I played around with it as soon as I got hurt,” he said. “I thought, ‘Hey maybe I should commit.’ The type of person I am, maybe it blinked in my mind, but the type of mind that I have, being so hard-headed, I was just thinking the exact opposite. I was thinking that I’m going to get back so I don’t have to commit early. I don’t want to commit because I’m scared. I want to get back and show people that I’m still good, I can still do what I think I can do, God blessed me with talent that I’m still going to work hard and show people what they saw in me before.”

“Well, Texas Tech coach Sonny bie and I talk so much,” he said. “We always talk so it wasn’t like [we talked] just because I hurt my ankle. We just have that kind of relationship. We talk all the time. I talked to Coach (David) Beaty from (Texas) A&M, in fact, I need to give him a call tonight. I talked with him and the USC coaches. Coach (Bruce) Chambers wrote me a letter. My recruiting coordinator got in touch with Coach Chambers, too. Ohio State is showing me a lot of support.”

“I’m planning on Ohio State soon,” he said. “That’s all I have on my mind right now is to get up to Ohio State and visit. I’m trying to get this plane ticket booked.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Catching up with WR Marcus Johnson. Really excited about this kid:

"I've been occupied with going to track, then I do the UT workout every day. It's still like football season," Johnson said. "I get home at about 6:30 every day, but I've been busy making sure I stay in shape."

"You can't really simulate that tempo. I work out by myself, so it's kind of hard to simulate but I try to get a feel of it and go pretty fast," Johnson said. "But I know it will never be the same until I'm actually up there. Track has been one of the biggest things that has helped. I'm running track and then lifting, so I'm getting speed and conditioning work in."

"I know how intense he is. I remember doing (the high school boot camp), sometimes people would just be throwing up, dog tired. The biggest thing they emphasized was intensity, going hard every rep. They wanted us fast paced, going hard. If you weren't, they made you start over. So I feel like my high school coaches helped, but I know UT is going to be different. I just hope I can adjust to it quickly."

"I feel like I'm getting stronger, getting bigger, still maturing," Johnson said. "(Wylie) is going to help me out so much when I get there."

"He called me right after, when I left the game. He was busy, but he just told me he can't wait to get me up there and they need help at wide receiver," Johnson said. "I'm going to continue to work hard, get up there and be prepared, be ready."

"This is a golden opportunity for me to come up there, run some with the second team. He said they need an immediate impact from me, Cayleb (Jones), Kendall (Sanders) and Daje (Johnson). We just have to keep pushing ourselves."

"Now I have the opportunity, I want to do everything I can to take advantage and be successful on the field and in the classroom, use all the resources that Texas has to offer. I still think of it sometimes and have to pinch myself."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Article on ticket demands at A&M and the future of Kyle Field:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...ld-3474552.php

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Highly doubtful this happens if he sticks to his May timeline, but:

Nkemdiche wants to visit Texas

Robert Nkemdiche wants to visit Texas.

He doesn’t know when he’d do so and hasn’t had much contact with Texas coaches lately, but the elite junior defensive end from Loganville (Ga.) Grayson told HornsNation he is interested in seeing UT.

Nkemdiche is arguably the top 2013 recruit in the country and is considering Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, Clemson and Georgia

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Highly doubtful this happens if he sticks to his May timeline, but:

Nkemdiche no longer plans to announce on May 18th.

He said he wants to visit Texas, Oregon and some Cali schools as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    reuben foster transferring to auburn HS
    Last edited by rkell87; 04-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nkemdiche no longer plans to announce on May 18th.

He said he wants to visit Texas, Oregon and some Cali schools as well.
    Just saw that. Interesting. A quote from the article:

“I haven’t talked to him (Coach Searels) for a while, but he messaged me on Facebook and I wrote back,” Nkemdiche said. “He’s a good dude, I like him. We have a pretty good relationship. He wants me to check Texas out. He’s been recruiting me pretty good.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    reuben foster transferring to auburn HS
    Didn't realize his high school coach left. Hope he ends up at Georgia.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Jamel James of Katy Cinco Ranch has decommitted from Arkansas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know if this article is free, but it talks about the new Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge coming up in July:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1353650

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick update from Inside Texas on S Vonn Bell:

-His high school coach says he'll be "absolutely shocked" if UT doesn't make his Top 5

-Also mentioned that the way Bell talks about UT stands out, but he did enjoy all of the schools he visited over Spring Break

-The family is aware of UT's reputation of putting DBs in the NFL and Bell's coach has reiterated that to them

-Bell's high school starts spring practice on May 9th and UT is expected to make their two allowed visits during the evaluation period

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More TCU players charged in their drug scandal:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-investigation

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quotes from ATH Daje Johnson:

"I just started my job on March 30 so that's been keeping me busy. Then I train with a guy a lot, so I've been staying pretty busy," Johnson said.

"I've been working out with him since my sop re year. I feel like I'm getting bigger. I usually work out after I get off work, around 9 p.m. For the most part, I feel like I'm getting bigger, faster, just getting ready."

"I'm not nervous really at all. UT has a lot of resources, so I'm just going to use that to my advantage. I'm definitely not nervous at all on the football side," Johnson said. "Before I head down there, I just want to stay in good condition to pass the conditioning tests that we'll do. I'm looking forward to working with coach (Bennie) Wylie."

"My impression is that things looked solid," Johnson said of the spring game. "They told before I really signed that I'll have a chance to play early. I'll be at every spot on offensive side, kind of a slash running back. I'll do whatever - utility back. punt return, kick return, running back, safety, whatever."

"I didn't know right away. There was still some thinking about going to TCU. It really hit me on my visit. It was just a gut feeling. One night in my hotel, I decided (Texas) was where I wanted to go. On Saturday morning (of his visit), I called TCU and said I was switching. Then it was official once I was in Mack Brown's office," Johnson said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Article on Arkansas coaching candidates:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...xt-at-arkansas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some of you may remember DB Charles Jackson of Klein Collins from the class of 2011. Very talented but UT stayed away because of grade issues and he ended up signing with Nebraska. Well, he's been cleared by the NCAA and will be headed to Lincoln in June.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Petrino with a second mistress? At least this one was smokin' hot.

http://deadspin.com/5901394/over-two...a-bikini-model

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT released a statement today saying WR Bryant Jackson has broken a bone in his right foot that will require surgery. He's expected back for pre-season camp in August.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    West Mesquite WR Eldridge Massington won the 15-4A 100 meters with a time of 10.66

dude is 6'3" 200+

put me down for this guy if we take another WR

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas safety signee Adrian Colbert (Mineral Wells, Tx) ran 20.86 200-meters today.

Thread Information