Page 53 of 207 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quote from CB Antwuan Davis after his trip to Notre Dame (24/7):

“Notre Dame is standing out with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas,” Davis revealed. “Those are my top four and I’m going to look at all of them to figure out which one is my favorite.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that CB Antwuan Davis wants to cut his list down to two schools by Wednesday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott of La Porte who attended an A&M scrimmage this weekend (24/7):

“I was supposed to go to their (UT) spring game but I had to work,” he said. “I kind of like them but now that A&M is in the SEC, that makes me want to go there even more now, and pushing me away from [Texas]. I’ve been talking with Major Applewhite and he wants me to come up there to visit soon. He’s a good coach so I’ll probably make it up there eventually. I still like them though.”

"A&M, Alabama, LSU, Florida and Texas,” he said.

“I like the way he runs practice,” Scott said of the Aggie’s new head coach. “I like how they got the music going during workouts and they’re really work on conditioning. Most people think if you’re tired in the fourth quarter it’s your legs. It’s really not your legs, it's your hips. Coach (Kevin) Sumlin knows what he’s talking about.”

“The scrimmage showed me a lot,” Scott added. “I like to blitz a lot and that’s all they were doing at the linebacker position, just bringing them, and that was very interesting to me. I talked with Matt Davis too before the scrimmage. He was cool, just telling me that he can’t wait for me to sign with A&M.”

“I really want to play in the SEC because it’s like a baby NFL,” he said. “I want to play where the compe ion is at.”

“LSU, Alabama, Florida or somewhere in California,” he said of the schools currently at the top of his mind. “I’ve been watching those schools a lot growing up and they’ve all been doing real good. Those are the top five I would like to go to if I had the chance.”

“Coach McGaughey (LSU) was saying they are very interested and want me to visit too,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just a reminder that the spring evaluation period begins today and runs through May 31st. Coaches are allowed to call a prospect once during this time period and Duane Akina has already started making moves according to 24/7. ATH Stanvon Taylor of Tulsa, OK was one of the first to receive a call last night:

"I finally got to talk to Coach (Duane) Akina tonight," said Taylor late Sunday. "He told me that he was going to come down when he gets the chance. Basically he just wanted to make sure he called his top recruits on the first day to let me know he was really interested."

"Him and my mom talked about me visiting Austin,” Taylor said. "I plan to head down there soon. I hope to make one of the summer camps for sure."

"Coach Akina told me he wanted to see me first (before offering)," Taylor said. "We'll wait and see what happens."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Vonn Bell took an unofficial visit to Georgia this past weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN 150 is supposed to come out sometime today right???

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wescott Eberts ‏ @SBN_Wescott Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Texas target Maurice told http://ESPN.com that he doesn't have list following 'Bama visit, but if he did Tide "would be on top."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN 150 is supposed to come out sometime today right???
    I believe it's tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas A&M is having a "Friday Night Lights" event this week (similar to what most SEC schools do) where they'll be bringing in several recruits. Some names worth mentioning so far are DE Torrodney Prevot, LB Mike Mitc , DB Maurice Smith and 2014 DB Chris Hardeman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More on DE Torrodney Prevot...Giles has already used his one phone call for him and is expected to be at Alief Taylor today. Also, they have apparently set up a schedule where they can talk at least once a week (Prevot has to call him). Things are still in the works for his unofficial visit to UT along with his family.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods also reporting that ATH Chevoski Collins has already received a call from the staff. I'm assuming it was from Akina but that's unconfirmed. Tells us he's still on UT's recruiting board.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN 150 is out. Texas with seven guys.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...playerrankings
    Last edited by TFloss32; 04-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Read on OrangeBloods this morning that QB Garrett Gilbert is taking an unheard of 27 hours this semester so he can graduate before enrolling at SMU. If he enters as a graduate student, he doesn't have to sit out a year and I believe their depth chart is wide open. Anyway, that's an insane amount of course work if true. Hopefully one of those classes counts for nine hours or something.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't it "only" seven guys? Ricky Seals-Jones, Tyrone Swoopes, Darius James, Jake Raulerson, Kent Perkins, Jacorey Warrick and A'Shawn Robinson?

I think it's a joke that Jake Oliver isn't in it. He is ranked as the 42nd best receiver, according to ESPN. I know he will play the Army All-Star game, but seriously?!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't it "only" seven guys? Ricky Seals-Jones, Tyrone Swoopes, Darius James, Jake Raulerson, Kent Perkins, Jacorey Warrick and A'Shawn Robinson?

I think it's a joke that Jake Oliver isn't in it. He is ranked as the 42nd best receiver, according to ESPN. I know he will play the Army All-Star game, but seriously?!
    My bad. Obviously counted someone twice.

If you go to the state rankings, Prevot at #37 in Texas is criminal.

Oliver is a notable absence considering his production this year (108 catches, 1,637 yards, 23 TDs).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ra'Shaad Samples is not thought of very highly either at #62 WR.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Swoopes listed as a QB-DT lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Swoopes listed as a QB-DT lol
    That threw me off for a second as well but DT is "Dual Threat."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A quick look at some of the stops being made by the staff today and tomorrow (24/7):

Tuesday, 4/17

**2014 RB Donald Catalon (Aldine Eisenhower) = Darrell Wyatt
    -Catalon was invited to the underclassmen camp this summer

**DE Torrodney Prevot and 2014 DB Chris Hardeman (Alief Taylor) = Oscar Giles

Wednesday, 4/18

**CB Antwuan Davis (Bastrop) = Duane Akina
    -Davis called Harsin and Akina on Sunday evening

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ra'Shaad Samples is not thought of very highly either at #62 WR.
    That surprised me as well considering Samples has already accepted in an invite to the 2013 Under Armour game. Usually ESPN has those guys ranked a quite a bit higher.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on Marcell Harris?

Is he still scheduled to be at the summer camp?

Per Hook Em 247 Darius Terrell & Eryon Barnett to transfer out...more attrition before fall camp?

I know that Mack had stated we were going after 2 TE's thsi recruit class...i wonder if Christian Morgan will be an option now with xsfer news.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Peter Jenkins and Justin Manning were talking trash on twitter yesterday. Lets just say you can forget about Manning.

Thread Information