Page 61 of 207 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Remember QB Del Barnes from Henderson? He did find a home and will be playing for Cornell in the Ivy League. He was the Valedictorian of his class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama has offered WR Eldridge Massington.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fort Bend Marshall has a lot of talent so this could've just been a routine stop, but it's still interesting considering things are a bit shaky with DE Daeshon Hall and DE Torrodney Prevot maintains that he won't be committing anytime soon. Could Hollins be back in the picture?
    Keep in mind that the staff was probably there to see OL Maurice Porter as well. He's a name that hasn't received a lot of publicity lately.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Darron Thomas of Oregon went undrafted last weekend and has yet to sign a free agent deal:

http://registerguard.com/web/sports/...regon.html.csp

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    So Cory Robinson switched from WR to TE? I think that suits him better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Cory Robinson switched from WR to TE? I think that suits him better.
    I put "TE" because I think that's what he's going to be at Notre Dame.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Quick piece of info from Nebraska's 24/7 site on CB Cole Luke. Worth keeping in mind since Smith may end up taking his time.

Luke doesn’t have quite the connection to Nebraska, and has several major offers to consider. It appears he’s waiting on a possible Texas offer, but claims offers from Arkansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Oregon. The Sooners appear to have a strong lead here.

I like Von Bell and Priest Willis from AZ from all the out of state prospects. Texas has always been a favorite of Willis, not sure what Texas ties he has, but I wish the staff would offer this kid. After Davis, one of those 2 would be my preference. Smith is enjoying the attention that he's getting and doesn't look to commit anytime soon. Luke would be nice, but I definitely prefer Willis.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, S Marcell Harris will be receiving a visit from UT next week. He also spoke with Akina over the phone recently.

He's a really nice player, but more of a SEC type than Big12. If he was willing to move to OLB, which apparently he is not, I would be all over him. With the other options available, I would be ok if he didn't sign with the horns. Give me Von Bell, Davis and one of Willis or Luke and I'm a happy man as far as DBs this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting UT stopped by Beaumont Ozen HS yesterday to see 2014 DB Tony Brown. He's one of several DBs who is an offer candidate for that class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 LB Cameron Hampton of Dallas Carter (24/7):

“They tell me that I remind them a little bit of Jesse Armstead, that I play like him some times,” Hampton said, referring to the former Miami Hurricane and NFL linebacker regarded as one of the best prospects the state has ever produced. “That's an honor for them to say that. It's humbling and it makes me want to work hard.”

“I've seen Coach Chambers around and he seems like a great person,” Hampton said. “Texas is a place close to home and it's a great program. They're one of my top schools.”

“If Texas offered me it would be an honor and something I'd strongly consider,” Hampton said. “I'd be honored to be a part of their program. Texas is a school that I really admire.”

“I watched them all of the time when they'd be on TV,” Hampton said. “I've just always liked the way Florida has played. They're up there with Texas for me.”

“It was a good game (the OU spring game) and the coaches were real nice,” Hampton said. “I got to meet Coach (Mike) Stoops and he told me he'd be watching me, which was good.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Duane Akina and Oscar Giles are at Lancaster HS today to see DE Daeshon Hall and 2014 DB Nick Harvey (24/7).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, the coaches made trips to see the following guys:

DE/LB Deon Hollins, Jr., Fort Bend Marshall
    2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott, La Porte

Fort Bend Marshall has a lot of talent so this could've just been a routine stop, but it's still interesting considering things are a bit shaky with DE Daeshon Hall and DE Torrodney Prevot maintains that he won't be committing anytime soon. Could Hollins be back in the picture?
    Update on this...was reading Inside Texas this morning and the visit by Oscar Giles was mainly for OL Maurice Porter. Hollins' father said things are basically the same between his son and UT at the moment and there is no renewed interest to report.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    from prevot

Creating The Hype ‏ @TorrodneyPrevot
    Just to set straight LSU,Texas, and A&M are not my top three. I don't have a top three.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 Wylie (TX) East WR Marcell Ateman. Big-time get for 'Pokes. RT @ItsMarcell: I wanna announce that I COMMITTED TO OKLAHOMA STATE!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like USC finally offered Massington.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like USC finally offered Massington.
    Seems like a clear path for Rhodes if the staff wants to offer another WR.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from ATH Chevoski Collins who was recently offered by OU:

"It went down (on Monday). (OU assistant) Coach James Patton wrote me on Facebook and told me that coach Mike Stoops was going to come through. When he got there, they called me, and I went down there to talk to him real quick."

"They want to bring me in as an athlete. Coach (Jay) Norvell, the wide receiver coach, is supposed to be coming down next week to check on me too," Collins said.

"Texas really got to see me play every position (on Tuesday)," Collins said. "They said they like my athleticism, how I never came off the field, things like that."

"I always talk to coach Buckels (from Baylor) on Facebook, so it was normal to have him there."

"It's very pleasing to have coaches there to come see you," Collinls said. "I just try to stay humble, do everything I've been doing before."

"I like their (Texas) history and the things they do with their players, especially DBs," Collins said. "They've got a bunch of DBs in the league. They just have a good program overall."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 Wylie (TX) East WR Marcell Ateman. Big-time get for 'Pokes. RT @ItsMarcell: I wanna announce that I COMMITTED TO OKLAHOMA STATE!!
    He and WR Fred Ross from Tyler John Tyler are a nice tandem.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We have our first out-of-state name for the 2014 class. OT Cameron Robinson from Monroe, LA is mentioning Texas in his Top 3 and he's already spoken with Stacy Searels. He's mentioned wanting to make it to Austin for summer camp but that's still up in the air. Not a surprise but Alabama and LSU have the early lead. His father is Steve Foley who played LB for the Bengals, Chargers and Texans.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...obinson-135478

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Notre Dame QB Tommy Rees arrested:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...police-officer

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from OL Kent Perkins:

"I'm more relaxed (since committing). I'm not so stressed," Perkins said. "A lot of colleges are coming at you and that has slowed down a lot, but my coach says they're still going to come. I'm enjoying the space."

"I haven't really gotten a chance to bond with him (Stacy Searels) as much, but I know he's a good person," Perkins said. "That's one of the reasons why I committed, because I got to see him coach and I know I'm going to enjoy it when I go down there."

"It's Texas, so a lot of people are going to go to the games," Perkins said. "I can't wait until the games and I just can't wait to play."

"I feel real good and I know I'm blessed and I don't take that for granted," he said. "That just makes me work harder on the field and in the classroom."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI on WR Ra'Shaad Samples...he tweeted about an "announcement" coming up today but it's already been reported that it has nothing to do with a commitment. 24/7 followed that up with a statement that he will NOT be committing to Texas in the future and the staff has already turned their attention towards WR Robbie Rhodes. My guess is Samples will be headed to College Station as they've had some momentum behind the scenes with this recruitment for a few weeks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With commits from RSJ, Oliver, and Warrick I think we held the door open long enough for Samples to come on in...now it's time to move on to Rhodes.

I wish we would've moved first or sooner on Massington as I think we may have missed the boat especially now that he has that USC offer...only way I could see us having a strong shot is by offering his teammate Miles.

Also, didn't I read recently that Rhodes is favoring Baylor? Oh well, if we don't snag Rhodes I say we add to our numbers at another position, if needed or give Naashon Hughes a full scholly.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    With commits from RSJ, Oliver, and Warrick I think we held the door open long enough for Samples to come on in...now it's time to move on to Rhodes.

I wish we would've moved first or sooner on Massington as I think we may have missed the boat especially now that he has that USC offer...only way I could see us having a strong shot is by offering his teammate Miles.

Also, didn't I read recently that Rhodes is favoring Baylor? Oh well, if we don't snag Rhodes I say we add to our numbers at another position, if needed or give Naashon Hughes a full scholly.
    This! Keeping a good relationship with Coach Samples is important and it makes sense to give him more time, but if the tea leaves say that he's not coming, move on. Also wonder how much TJ's commit to aggy last year has to do with their his interest in colleyville.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Samples would've picked Texas anyway (I whiffed on my February prediction), but OrangeBloods is saying that the staff supposedly told him they're pulling out of the race and are focusing elsewhere. I think 24/7 has the same information and that's why they're so confident he won't be committing to UT. I agree that he had enough time to make a decision.

Other than attempting to keep a good relationship with Dallas Skyline and Coach Samples, it's a head scratcher that UT went about things the way they did and were willing to wait it out (especially after his injury) while a guy like Massington was blowing up. Like we've discussed since February, UT needs to offer that deep threat they don't currently have even if it costs them Samples because Warrick already has the slot position covered. He can also play on the outside and possibly in a Wildcat formation. Getting Samples after Warrick committed was just gravy and an additional weapon to work with.

Fortunately for UT, Rhodes is still open and it sounds like they've zeroed in on him. Good size, track speed and you can line him up in several spots. Hopefully he'll have a productive meeting with the coaches next weekend when he's in Austin.

Thread Information