Page 62 of 207 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also, didn't I read recently that Rhodes is favoring Baylor?
    You read that correctly. However, I interpreted it as him more or less mentioning that Baylor was giving him the most attention or he talks with their coaches the most rather than him actually being a Baylor lean. Could be wrong but I know he's a kid that doesn't focus on recruiting as much as others. I know part of that is because his father is sick (believe he has cancer at the moment).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good news. OrangeBloods saying ATH Chevoski Collins has been offered by UT as a defensive back. No word yet if this move is a reflection of UT's positioning with other DBs or if they just like Collins that much. He's the cousin of DE Cedric Reed and has always liked Texas, so he could enter the mix soon. I like the move because he's an aggressive player, he's a lot like Warrick in the sense that you can plug him into different spots on the field and you can still pursue M. Smith without having to worry about him ultimately picking another school. Wyatt and Akina both loved him at the underclassmen summer camp last June.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You read that correctly. However, I interpreted it as him more or less mentioning that Baylor was giving him the most attention or he talks with their coaches the most rather than him actually being a Baylor lean. Could be wrong but I know he's a kid that doesn't focus on recruiting as much as others. I know part of that is because his father is sick (believe he has cancer at the moment).
    A recruit will rarely (if ever) say the team that leads for his services is a team that has not, or may not offer. I expect Rhodes will change his tune when/if he gets Texas offer.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Katy RB Adam Taylor: RT @adam_taylor28 My dreams are coming to reality slowly every day just committed to LSU #GeauxTigers

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alief Taylor DE Torrodney Prevot picked up an offer from Oregon today, even though Ducks coaches weren't able to see him practice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A recruit will rarely (if ever) say the team that leads for his services is a team that has not, or may not offer. I expect Rhodes will change his tune when/if he gets Texas offer.
    Good point, sir. Rhodes has had very little interaction with the staff compared to other recruits in his class so his meeting with them next weekend is important.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I like Von Bell and Priest Willis from AZ from all the out of state prospects. Texas has always been a favorite of Willis, not sure what Texas ties he has, but I wish the staff would offer this kid. After Davis, one of those 2 would be my preference. Smith is enjoying the attention that he's getting and doesn't look to commit anytime soon. Luke would be nice, but I definitely prefer Willis.
    Couldnt have said it better myself!! I completely agree!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The early Top 25 for 2014:

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Top-247/2014

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like USC finally offered Massington.
    In our efforts to Maintaining a good relationship with the Skyline pipeline we got screwed on this one. We wont get Samples, we lose a better prospect that we put on the back burner for Samples, and it looks like Texas A&M is gonna be drawing from this pipeline more than we will for a few years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am in serious man-love with that guy. I love him being the flag-bearer of this class. He really is all about everything and anything Texas.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from ATH Chevoski Collins (24/7):

“[Thursday] morning Coach Brown gave my coaches a call telling them he wanted to talk to me,” said Collins. “So my coach called me out of class and then Coach Brown called me back. He basically said that they wanted to give me an offer to the University of Texas and would be glad to have me if I was interested. He explained that I’m being offered as a defensive back, although I’m not sure if that means at safety or corner.”

“Ideally I would like to play wide receiver once I get to college,” Collins said. “But, if it came down to it, I don’t mind playing defensive back either. If that’s where schools want me at, that’s where I’ll play. But, like I said, I’d prefer wide receiver if I had my choice.”

“I know Coach (Duane) Akina has done a lot of good at that position,” he told Hookem.com. “I know he’s put a bunch of guys in the league. That’s one thing that makes me not worry about playing defense. So if that’s what it takes, then so be it.”

“At the moment I don’t have any favorites or anything,” explained Collins. “At this point, I’m just open to anyone really. Anyone who is interested in me and is serious about it, I’ll take a look at it. I’m not real sure when I want to commit or anything, so I’ll be looking at everything closely.”

“I’ll be hitting up a lot of camps this summer,” he said. “Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and some out of state ones like Oklahoma and LSU as well. That will give me a chance to see the schools I have some interest in. Then maybe I can go from there and see what happens.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from CB Cole Luke (24/7):

“Many schools have been in contact, even in just the recent weeks,” Luke told Hookem.com. “LSU, California, Nebraska and a few others have stopped by recently. Other schools are sending me stuff or getting in touch with me somehow.”

“It’s definitely not true,” Luke said. “They (Oklahoma) are not my number one. I do have a top seven though and they are in it. But, then again, so are Washington, Nebraska, Notre Dame, California, Michigan and Arkansas. That’s in no specific order, but those are my favorites right now.”

“I’m open to everyone else really,” said Luke. “I’ll take a look at anyone if they’re interested in me. Of course I’d like to hear more from Texas too, but it hasn’t happened yet.”

“I’m in no rush to make a decision,” Luke explained. “I’m in no rush to commit just right away or anything. I’ll take visits and stuff. I hope to make my decision sometime during the season.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure if this is free to the public, but surprised that DE/LB Hoza Scott did not make the list. I haven't seen any film in that class so far that stood out more than his. S Edward Paris is a good one but it's a shame he's a New Orleans native and loves LSU. Nice to see DE Solomon Thomas of Coppell on there as he seems to favor Texas early.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from one of OrangeBloods' sources on ATH Chevoski Collins:

"I'm calling his bluff. He will commit before the summer. UT is all he talks about recruiting wise," we were told.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is their any talk of No.1 recruit Robert Nkemdiche actually making that visit to Texas?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is their any talk of No.1 recruit Robert Nkemdiche actually making that visit to Texas?
    Haven't heard a peep.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with DE Torrodney Prevot (24/7):

“At this point I’m interested in anyone who is interested in me,” explained Prevot. “If they have offered, I’m interested. You never know what can happen, so you have to remain open.”

“They’re definitely a school I’m still interested in,” he said of Texas. “I’m actually supposed to call the coaches real soon, most likely on Friday, to see what is up.”

“We’re still working on that (an unofficial visit to UT),” Prevot said. “I don’t know when exactly I will check out Texas again. My guess is maybe in the early summer. I thought about visiting next weekend during the state track meet, but that’s not the case now. We’ll have to see. I’m really not sure at this point.”

“That’s not what I’m going to do anymore (commit during the summer),” said Prevot. “With Oregon offering, I want to go up there and check them out. I’m thinking that will be on October 5th. Then we’ll go from there.”

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Quote from one of OrangeBloods' sources on ATH Chevoski Collins:

"I'm calling his bluff. He will commit before the summer. UT is all he talks about recruiting wise," we were told.
    Totally agree. I get the feeling that he was not only offered bacause he was good enough, but that the staff felt he would commit fairly quickly.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Latest with DE Torrodney Prevot (24/7):

“At this point I’m interested in anyone who is interested in me,” explained Prevot. “If they have offered, I’m interested. You never know what can happen, so you have to remain open.”

“They’re definitely a school I’m still interested in,” he said of Texas. “I’m actually supposed to call the coaches real soon, most likely on Friday, to see what is up.”

“We’re still working on that (an unofficial visit to UT),” Prevot said. “I don’t know when exactly I will check out Texas again. My guess is maybe in the early summer. I thought about visiting next weekend during the state track meet, but that’s not the case now. We’ll have to see. I’m really not sure at this point.”

“That’s not what I’m going to do anymore (commit during the summer),” said Prevot. “With Oregon offering, I want to go up there and check them out. I’m thinking that will be on October 5th. Then we’ll go from there.”

My guess is that this kid will be doing the hat dance on NSD.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    My guess is that Prevot will ultimately end up at LSU but I hope I'm wrong and he ends up in Maroon and White. Kid is a beast, no doubt.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Totally agree. I get the feeling that he was not only offered bacause he was good enough, but that the staff felt he would commit fairly quickly.
    Read Inside Texas' take on him and apparently he spent a lot of time with Mack during the second Junior Day. They like him because he's an aggressive, smart player that's not afraid to compete and lead. No telling when he'll make a commitment, but while the focus was still on the 2012 class last season, Collins talked up UT all of the time and how he would love to play with his cousin, DE Cedric Reed. Hope it works out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My guess is that this kid will be doing the hat dance on NSD.
    Who knows with Prevot. I've been following recruiting closely for about four years now and I don't remember a kid that flip-flops so much with his quotes. He'll tell OrangeBloods he's visiting UT for the state track meet, tells 24/7 he's not. Tells OrangeBloods he has a Top 3, tells 24/7 that's not true. Tells Inside Texas he wants to make a decision after his official visit to Oregon in October, tells 24/7 that's not really the case. Goes on and on, so we'll have to watch what he does rather than go off of what he says. Unfortunately for UT, it's not a good year for DEs in the state and Prevot is elite. Kid holds all of the the cards for now so UT needs to hang in there.

My guess is that Prevot will ultimately end up at LSU but I hope I'm wrong and he ends up in Maroon and White. Kid is a beast, no doubt.
    Definitely not a bad guess.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some rumors that #14 is in, but don't know who it is quite yet. Davis or Collins?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Antwuan Davis has committed to Texas.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Davis-123937

Thread Information