Page 64 of 207 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Christian LaCouture has committed to Nebraska.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any new offers expected to go out? Any ideas who/when the next commitment will be? I hope we don't have to wait till the 25th.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any new offers expected to go out? Any ideas who/when the next commitment will be? I hope we don't have to wait till the 25th.
    Wescott Eberts ‏ @SBN_Wescott
    Multiple reports that Texas has extended an offer to 2013 Fort Worth Southwest WR Robbie Rhodes, who had recently named Baylor as his leader

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Multiple reports this evening that WR Robbie Rhodes will be receiving an official offer from the UT staff on Saturday morning when he's in Austin. Good news there. Rhodes is a tough guy to figure out because he doesn't talk much, but I'll go with ATH Chevoski Collins for now as the next guy to commit. If you're expecting RB Dontre Wilson to commit to Texas on the 25th, don't hold your breath. Texas has a shot but I'm not expecting it to work out.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Where do you think Wilson ends up?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oregon

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ya, I wasnt expecting Wilson to be a Horn. I just knew he was the only guy with a commitment date set.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree with rkell. UT being close to home, his family wanting him in Austin and a couple of Texas RBs transferring from Oregon recently are the only things keeping the Horns in the race. He could decide on Texas once it gets down to crunch time but I think he feels Oregon is just a better fit all around for him. Can't say I blame him with their history of utilizing under-sized backs in their offense. Hoping for a nice surprise.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ya, I wasnt expecting Wilson to be a Horn. I just knew he was the only guy with a commitment date set.
    True. Collins and Rhodes are safe bets.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Kameel Jackson (class of 2011) is transferring from OU to A&M.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How is Rhodes so underrated? Watching his highlight film, dude is raw! If he would of had a better QB he wouldnt ever be touched!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTDVdOKSvBs

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OB article on Rhodes getting offer -

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1362770

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Kameel Jackson (class of 2011) is transferring from OU to A&M.

As Corso would say, not so fast my friend --

SoonerScoop.com ‏ @SoonerScoop SOURCE: Kameel Jackson has not spoken to A&M about transfer and transfer to College Station not a a realistic option for OU WR.

SoonerScoop.com ‏ @SoonerScoop I'm 100% certain A&M will not take Jackson. I have no doubt after talking to a source from the other side - for those asking for more.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As Corso would say, not so fast my friend --

SoonerScoop.com ‏ @SoonerScoop SOURCE: Kameel Jackson has not spoken to A&M about transfer and transfer to College Station not a a realistic option for OU WR.

SoonerScoop.com ‏ @SoonerScoop I'm 100% certain A&M will not take Jackson. I have no doubt after talking to a source from the other side - for those asking for more.
    Thanks, chronic. Funny how reports can be so premature.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quotes from WR Robbie Rhodes (24/7):

“Yes sir, I'm going to visit (this weekend),” Rhodes said. “I'm going to visit with my family and we're looking forward to it.”

“I got a lot of the questions I had about Texas answered,” Rhodes said. “They want to throw the ball and be a more balanced offense. That's what I wanted to hear. Texas sounds a lot better to me than before.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How is Rhodes so underrated? Watching his highlight film, dude is raw! If he would of had a better QB he wouldnt ever be touched!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTDVdOKSvBs
    A lot of it has to do with him not paying much attention to the recruiting process. He hasn't been to any big camps/combines that I know of and that's where a lot of these kids get noticed. S Adrian Colbert was similar in that regard. That guy didn't blow up until the end of his senior year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting this morning that DE/LB Mike Mitc hooked up with the Texas staff for a phone conversation last week and they let him know they're still very interested. Early on it was looking like Mitc would likely head out of state but things may be changing since he has a handful of younger brothers and the family would like him to remain close. UT may do themselves a favor by throwing an offer in Mitc 's direction since DE Torrodney Prevot plans on taking his time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Stanvon Taylor may still be on the radar despite his commitment to OU on Friday. Quotes from him via 24/7:

“I feel like that (Oklahoma) is the school I want as of now,” Taylor told Hookem.com on Sunday. “But if more offers come in, I’ll check them out if I’m interested in them. I just think that, as of right now, with all the offers I have, Oklahoma is the place to be. At the time I had a gut feeling inside about OU and I couldn’t get rid of it this weekend, so I went with it.”

“I’ve always liked Texas,” Taylor said. “If they offered, I’d go check them out. I would want to see how it is and see how I feel about it. I’d look into it and see if it changes my feelings.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here are some quotes from a source that spoke with 24/7 recently about the recruitment of S Marcell Harris:

“Texas is making up some serious ground in a hurry,” said the source. “Right now I’d say Florida has a slight edge due to the closeness factor, but I don’t feel comfortable saying there’s no doubt he’s going to Florida now. He has a legitimate interest in Texas and I don’t think most people realize that. Coach Akina has made him think about a lot of things. You look at Texas’ track record with defensive backs and you can see why. Marcell notices that.”

“That unofficial visit he had (to Texas) really impressed his family,” the source explained. “They talked up Texas pretty highly once they were back home. I know for sure they are planning to come again, in June I think. That’s the latest plan anyway.”

“One (defensive back) spot left (at Florida),” the source said. “That’s it for the DB position. There’s a kid that’s local who has an offer out. If he commits first, Florida closes up shop. He may very well do that, too.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from Bob Shipley who coached S Kevin Vaccaro at Brownwood (24/7):

“Kevin was just a heck of a player for us over the past few seasons,” said Shipley. “This last year though, we saw a big change in him both mentally and physically. I’d say over the last six months or so, he’s just developed so much physically. He’s much bigger, stronger and faster. That’s credited to his work ethic though. He’s one of the hardest workers there is. I don’t think he’s ever missed a day of practice.”

“There’s no doubt he’s way ahead of where he was as a junior,” explained Coach Shipley. “Like I said, he’s worked really hard on everything. I think what stands out to me the most, is his acceleration and burst. That’s what separates him from others. He may not be the fastest when you’re talking about top end speed, but how quickly he gets to his top speed is amazing. There were many times toward the end of the season where he would make plays I didn’t think he had a chance to make, but he would. I’d be thinking ‘what is he doing’ and he would simply make the play. His skills as a football player are just so far ahead of where they were at the beginning of the season. It surprises a lot of people.”

“He’ll remind you a lot of Kenny,” he said. “He loves to get in there and hit. He loves to play physical football, just like his brother. The only difference is that I don’t think he can be as mean as Kenny. Then again, I don’t think many can. Kevin will crush you on the football field, but Kenny will crush you with a devastating tackle, then take you over to the sideline and body slam you.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, Akina is not only scheduled to see S Marcell Harris this week, but he's also going to Arizona to see CB Cole Luke.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't say I'm surprised, but DT Robert Nkemdiche has officially pushed back his decision date:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...lege-decision/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from CB Antwuan Davis and his coach after his commitment (24/7):

“We had a long talk,” Perry said. “I asked him if he was sure that's what he wanted to do, and he said it was. It caught me by surprise, but he was sure that's what he wanted to do so we did it.”

"My family enjoyed it, my coach enjoyed it, and most of all I enjoyed it,” Davis said. “I knew it would be a great experience.”

“I had laid low and hadn't been answering many questions from coaches because I was getting ready for district and then regionals,” Davis said. “I knew I wanted to go to Texas and I don't have anything left to worry about with state coming up, so I figured why not now? It just seemed like the perfect time to do it.”

“He (Mack Brown) opened the door and told the door to shut and it shut,” Davis said. “He had a magnet behind his back the whole time and tried to trick me, but it was cool. We talked after that for a minute then there was a moment of silence. After that, he asked me if I was ready to do this, and I said, 'Absolutely.'”

“The fact that my parents were most comfortable with it,” Davis said. “They enjoyed it so much. They were proud to be there. I knew I could see myself there, but the fact that they loved it so much put Texas over the top.”

“I didn't even know about Chevoski Collins' offer until (Friday) morning when the coaches told me,” Davis said. “I was on my own time frame the whole time, I guess it just happened that he got offered right now.”

“I'm really looking forward to picking up where I left off last season,” Davis said. “I'm really looking forward to having a great season this year, me and the team.”

“For me to be at UT is a big deal,” Davis said. “For me to be able to perform there before I get to school there is really special.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation tweeting that DB Maurice Smith will make his decision at the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game. Not looking good for UT right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks, chronic. Funny how reports can be so premature.

The report came because Kameel Jackson tweeted it himself! Guess he didn't think that one through.

Thread Information