Page 70 of 207 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from the mother of WR Robbie Rhodes:

"Coach (Mack) Brown, I really have much respect for him. The meeting gave us some clarity. Some people say one thing, but when you get to meet a person, it's like you've known him you're whole life," Mrs. Rhodes said. "Me, Robbie, my brother that was with me, his wife - we all really enjoyed it."

"I can't make the decision for him. But any coach that he plays for, I feel me and my husband are doing a great job, now we need someone to kick in his other growth."

"To be honest with you, it was awesome,"
    Mrs. Rhodes said. "When the coaches started telling Robbie about stuff, you could tell they searched Robbie all over. They knew he had never been in trouble. They told him he better be on time for school. It was like what a mom and dad would say, but they're not kin to Robbie. That really hit home. Mack Brown is awesome. I haven't nothing bad to say about him or the visit."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Excellent quotes from 2014 OL Demetrius Knox who was thought to be favoring Ohio State. 24/7 already has him ranked as a Top 30 guy for his class, so that gives you an idea of how hard Texas will go after him. Based on Mack's policy of not offering sop res, it's good to see that Searels has already "unofficially" offered two of the best OLs in the nation for next year.

"(Coach Searels) said he loved the way I play. He said that he thinks I'm one of the best players he's ever seen," Knox said. "He invited me to one of their camps, in the early part of June."

"Texas really doesn't offer sop res until the early part of June or even in February, but as of right now, I have an unofficial offer."

"I've grown up in Ohio all my life. It always was that big offer that I wanted to get. When I got it, I was excited, thought it was a game-changer. I thought I was about to commit right then and there," Knox said. "But I did some more research and talked to my family and I don't think Ohio State will really factor into it."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with DB Maurice Smith:

“It’s still what it is. It’s still my dream school,” Smith said. “Antwuan (Davis) has committed (to Texas). I’m not saying it’s going to change my mind or anything because I’m going to stick to my plan (to wait to decide). But that’s just another thing I have to really think about. I’ve been wanting to play with him and that would be my opportunity.”

“After the junior day and the spring game we’ve built a relationship,” he said. “We don’t just talk about coaching, we talk about our families and how things are going. We’ve built a bond of families too.”

“This is a lifelong decision I’m going to be making and it’s also going to be mine,” Smith said. “I never thought I would be in this position so I’m trying to take every angle and take advantage of this as much as I can. Once I see some of the schools are not what I’m looking for I will take them off the list.”

“Those guys like Reggie (Chevis), Torrodney (Prevot), and a couple of more we always talk about sticking together and trying to get the same college offers,” Smith said. “Another thing is even though we’ve talked about playing with each other you still have to think about what’s best for you because you’re the one who has to live with it.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More great quotes from JUCO DE Marcus Hardison (24/7):

“Coach (Bo) Davis actually got in touch with my coach recently,” said Hardison. “He told my coach that the Longhorns are really interested in me and they’ve liked what they have seen on film. I haven’t had a chance to speak to him yet personally, but I’m sure it will happen soon. They’re supposed to call soon and evaluate me some more as well, so I’ll get my chance to talk to them.”

“They’re my favorite school,” Hardison told Hookem.com. “They’re my top school. I love Texas. They’re easily my number one.”

“My grandma,” he explained. “I know that sounds funny, but that’s how. I’m originally from Louisiana, but my grandma stayed in Austin. She brought me a gift and, when I opened it, it was a Longhorn jacket. I rocked it all the time. Ever since then, I’ve been a Longhorn fan. My family loves LSU. Not me. I’m all Texas. I’ve been rooting for them since Vince Young put on a show at the Rose Bowl. That’s my team.”

“That defense is amazing,” said Hardison. “I love it. It’s real impressive. All of those various packages, the different looks and all that is really fun stuff. I’m just real impressed by it. I know they’ve had their ups and downs the past two seasons, but that defense will be one of the main reasons they’ll be back next year. I expect them to have a big year.”

“If Texas offered,” Hardison said, “I’d probably commit in a heartbeat. That would be a dream come true for me. I’d love to play for them and play in that defense. I really hope it all works out. I’m counting on it.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Matt Hayes _filtered ;Big12 goes from deathbed, to reaching 12 (FSU and Notre Dame) or 14 (VaTech and Miami) and becoming clear No.1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumor being tweeted that the Big XII will be making a non-television related announcement at some point today.
    Here it is:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...me-sources-say

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some tweets on what this new arrangement means for college football:

@ChrisLevel: Hey Florida State, want a spot at the big boy table? We've saved you a seat. Signed, Big 12

‏@IngramSmith
    agreement
    of bowl game btw Big12 & SEC is significant: possible Nat'l
    semifinal, Sugar will be their Rose, evidence of ACC being frozen out

@GSwaim
    That sound you hear is the #Big12, #SEC & #B1G knives and forks getting ready to carve up the #ACC. #BonApe

@dennisdoddcbs Can't underplay the significance of this Big 12/SEC agreement. Reaches all the way to South Bend.

@Matt_HayesSN FSU to Big12 now looks like no-brainer. Noles can't wait with CFB structure consolidated.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @dennisdoddcbs
    Chuck Neinas confirms that working le for new game was "Champions Bowl." Officially, still to be determined.

‏@davidubben
    The point: Game will be played EVERY year beginning with Jan. 1 after 2014 season. Backup team selection process is up to each conference.

@davidubben
    Still some confusion among fans. Chuck Neinas cleared it up: If SEC/Big 12 champ is in le game, next-best team plays in game.

@Mengus22
    I think we can stop saying the Big 12 is unstable now.

@louciaccia
    So the SEC considers the unstable, 10-team, barely surviving Big 12 their equal, and not the super-stable 14 team ACC...hmmm. It's over...

@ChrisLevel
    Agreed. Chuck Neinas = pimp. RT @KegsnEggs Remeber when the Big 12 was being given CPR not long ago? Amazing how quickly things can change.

@PeteThamelNYT
    This Big 12-SEC bowl agreement creates another financial tier, as it'll be a cash cow. 1) Playoff. 2) Rose/New Bowl 3) Orange/Fiesta/etc.

@Matt_HayesSN #Big12 goes from deathbed, to reaching 12 (FSU and Notre Dame) or 14 (VaTech and Miami) and becoming clear No.1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @slmandel
    The post-BCS era has arrived early. Wow. It's a free market, and the SEC & BIg 12 just created their own Rose Bowl, on their terms.

@Jeffery_Cobb
    Overhead from an Oklahoma booster: "It amuses me that the ACC's spurning of WVU may actually lead to its demise as a power conference."

@davidubben
    Hey, Sooners! Tired of playing UConn, Boise in no-win situations in bowl games? Say thanks to Big 12, SEC commissioners.

‏@MattZemek_CFN
    Another (bad) thing to consider from the Pac-12's point of view: Does it have a locked-in protection for its No. 2 team? No, it doesn't.

@dennisdoddcbs Asked if he were ACC or Big East commish, what would he be thinking today, Neinas: "Better get a good bowl." [drops mic]

@YahooForde As some pointed out, SEC-Big 12 agreement is mostly to protect the #2 teams in each league in terms of quality bowl opponent

@dennisdoddcbs: This is Chuck Neinas' walk-off. CN true warrior, gentleman, scholar in the industry.

@Andy_Staples
    This SEC/Big 12 deal is a shot across the bow at the bowl system. Schools/leagues taking control of the economics of postseason football.

@L__Lee
    #SECBig12 Bowl >>>> Rose Bowl already. Decades of tradition & pageantry just got erased by the thought of better matchups.

@KevinOnCFB
    With Big 12-SEC news, two things. 1.) FSU to Big 12 will pick up momentum quickly. 2.) Notre Dame better start calling Big Ten or Big 12.

@CAnderson247WVU
    Neinas: "Just happened to be an opportune time" to set this Big12-SEC matchup. LOL. Yea... I bet.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @slmandel
    You've gotta love that the SEC/Big 12 went ahead and claimed primetime Jan. 1 for themselves. No need for actual tv partner in place.

‏@slmandel
    There may be no more official AQ/non-AQs, but there is now an unofficial line in the sand between SEC/Big 12, Big Ten/Pac-12 & everyone else

@slmandel rose bowl/new bowl on Jan. 1 prime time. Doesn't leave much room for playoff. Unless of course that is the playoff.

‏@bethinpv
    This is no longer about bowl alliances. It's about being in position to create conference-owned-n-operated games 2 generate big $

@ClayTravisBGID
    With news today, Florida State's going to Big 12. Here's why. At least $15 million more a year in Big 12.

@joeyhelmer10 My immediate reaction: Florida State, better get on the train before you miss it. Clemson, you too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good article on the Big XII/SEC deal:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ls-big-picture

Post Count
    Pretty crazy news...ND, Miami, FSU, and VT in the big 12? Cannot imagine all 4 of those heavy hitters joining the big 12 but I guess anythings possible right now...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Paul Whitmill of Bastrop has committed to TCU:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...hitmill-127741

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Kameron Miles is slated to make his decision on Monday night. His Top 3 currently is Penn State, Tennessee and Stanford.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Comments on Robbie Rhodes from 247 after Under Armour 7-on-7 32-team tourney.

---------------

Simply put, Rhodes was the most talented prospect on hand Saturday, and by a wide margin. The 6-foot-1, 189-pound wide receiver is full of explosive speed and quickness with elite ball skills. His ability to instantly get off the line of scrimmage and into routes is among the best in the country and his ability to sink the hips and create separation in and out of breaks is elite. He made a number of highlight reel grabs during the event, and makes playing the position look smooth, effortless and easy.

Rhodes, who won the 4A state 200-meters with a time of 21.06 into a breeze, also displayed the compe ive fire and fight for the ball in the air that the best receivers possess. Baylor is considered by many to be the favorite with Texas working to make up ground.

Rhodes had 394 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in a single game as a junior, and is currently the No. 75 ranked prospect in the country. Look for his rise in the class of 2013 to continue.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I love how the Big 12 went from a dying conference to securing our future for many, many years to come with the SEC. Misery and aggy can smd.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation Q&A with DT Alex Norman:

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/fo...dt-alex-norman

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Comments on Robbie Rhodes from 247 after Under Armour 7-on-7 32-team tourney.

---------------

Simply put, Rhodes was the most talented prospect on hand Saturday, and by a wide margin. The 6-foot-1, 189-pound wide receiver is full of explosive speed and quickness with elite ball skills. His ability to instantly get off the line of scrimmage and into routes is among the best in the country and his ability to sink the hips and create separation in and out of breaks is elite. He made a number of highlight reel grabs during the event, and makes playing the position look smooth, effortless and easy.

Rhodes, who won the 4A state 200-meters with a time of 21.06 into a breeze, also displayed the compe ive fire and fight for the ball in the air that the best receivers possess. Baylor is considered by many to be the favorite with Texas working to make up ground.

Rhodes had 394 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in a single game as a junior, and is currently the No. 75 ranked prospect in the country. Look for his rise in the class of 2013 to continue.
    Less confident on this one for right now because I read that Art Briles is personally handling his recruitment for Baylor and they're pushing the future Kendall Wright role on him pretty hard. You also have his high school coach telling him he needs to go to a school where they throw a lot so that's not helping either. Texas needs to get him back in Austin for the summer camp in a few weeks so he can be around the coaches more and meet all of the commitments. Hopefully this one plays out a little longer.

“It was pretty nice at Texas,” Rhodes said. “The people are nice. What people have told me about Mack Brown is true, he is nice. He just talked about the type of program Texas is, and where I sit. It was good.”

“They (Baylor) have a pretty a pretty close relationship with me. Art Briles is a good coach,” he said.

“I’m not sure on anything yet. It’s all me right now,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, a second JUCO prospect has emerged. The staff has called the coach of Hutchinson CC (Hutchinson, KS) DT Toby Johnson and the feeling is Texas is close to offering. Johnson measures at 6-4/290 and currently holds offers from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and USC amongst others. No one-on-one communication has happened yet but things appear to be serious.

“If Texas offers, you've got to be the best in the country,” Johnson said, who added that if the Longhorns offer then he'll make a visit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with DE Torrodney Prevot (24/7):

“We've just been talking over the phone and talking about going to one of their (Texas) camps, but I don't know if I'll make it to their camps,” Prevot said. “They're in loose contact and loose recruiting right now. I think I'm slightly backing off from them.”

The Texas staff may be getting antsy with this recruitment so that's why we're seeing them go after the JUCO defensive linemen. Prevot flip-flops all of the time so we'll just have to wait and see if he camps at UT in a few weeks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DB Maurice Smith (24/7):

“We were going over Antwuan's (Davis) commitment and where I would fit in or how this process can get,” Smith said. “One person committed and they're only taking a few, so they were telling the process is speeding up and it's going to be time to make a commitment soon.”

“I'm going to remain with what I said I was going to do,” Smith said. “I'm going to wait until after the season is over and then commit.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 CB Nick Watkins has added Michigan to his offer list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that 24/7 mentioned that JUCO DT Toby Johnson is one of the best, if not the best, JUCO prospects in the nation. Sounds like Bo may have zeroed in on him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...Johnson-132655

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Adam Taylor of Katy committed to LSU recently but has been informed he has a "non-committable offer". He won't be a Tiger as of right now. I hope more and more high school prospects from Texas take notice of the over-offering trend from schools like Alabama and LSU going forward.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Taylor-127994

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i love how the big 12 went from a dying conference to securing our future for many, many years to come with the sec. Misery and aggy can smd.
    sec > b12

Thread Information