Page 9 of 207 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Raulerson not ing around, put his ass on the payroll.
    Woah now. This isn't Bama or Oregon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Will the winter weather have an effect on kids getting to Austin tomarrow morning?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I attended a bunch of Dallas Jesuit JV games last fall because my nephew is a player for them.

FWIW, Two or three times Jake Oliver showed up at JV games with a group of friends and the friends all seemed to be wearing Burnt Orange and White.

As an Ag legacy, at the time, I kinda though it would be tough to overcome that. However, sounds like Oliver's dad (who runs a performance training center in Frisco) is allowing his kid to made the best decision for his own situation.

I saw several varsity games as well last fall when my nephew got promoted to varsity to play special teams late in the reg season and in their playoff game and Oliver is the real deal. His height, hands and speed combination allows him to overpower the HS kids he faces.

I would be great next fall to go see my nephew (he also is a WR in Jesuit's 4 wide set) play alongside a big time player like JO - especially if Oliver is a Texas commit. There is a really good chance that my nephew will be one of the top 4 wideouts next year with JO because that position was senior heavy last year outside of Oliver. My nephew was the most productive WR for JV last year as he had double digit TDs.

Shipley and Oliver together in Austin would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Oliver's not a speed burner (4.5-4.6) but he is a really smooth athlete who can make big plays all over the field.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 02-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.

I attended a bunch of Dallas Jesuit JV games last fall because my nephew is a player for them.

FWIW, Two or three times Jake Oliver showed up at JV games with a group of friends and the friends all seemed to be wearing Burnt Orange and White.

As an Ag legacy, at the time, I kinda though it would be tough to overcome that. However, sounds like Oliver's dad (who runs a performance training center in Frisco) is allowing his kid to made the best decision for his own situation.

I saw several varsity games as well last fall when my nephew got promoted to varsity to play special teams late in the reg season and in their playoff game and Oliver is the real deal. His height, hands and speed combination allows him to overpower the HS kids he faces.

I would be great next fall to go see my nephew (he also is a WR in Jesuit's 4 wide set) play alongside a big time player like JO - especially if Oliver is a Texas commit. There is a really good chance that my nephew will be one of the top 4 wideouts next year with JO because that position was senior heavy last year outside of Oliver. My nephew was the most productive WR for JV last year as he had double digit TDs.

Shipley and Oliver together in Austin would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Oliver's not a speed burner (4.5-4.6) but he is a really smooth athlete who can make big plays all over the field.

Excellent points all. I heard Oliver's "crew" or group of friends were Texas fans. I've seen Oliver live also, and I agree with your assessment.

Very cool that your nephew plays at Dallas Jesuit. They have some of the best fans I've ever seen. Skyline was taking them to woodshed, but everybody on the Jesuit side stayed and cheered the entire game. I came away impressed.

Texas has offered Darius James.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ishmael Wilson has Canceled on attending Texas' JD1 today and has rescheduled to JD2.

Jake Oliver has been offered.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kent Perkins didnt make it to the JD.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I expected Kent to be the catalyst for commitments today. We just lost our momentum.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Justin Manning has been offered.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    James White will not attend JD1 as well... Damn what's going on?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    James White will not attend JD1 as well... Damn what's going on?
    No worries as it's very early in the day. Perkins is the only one worth being upset about even though it would've been nice to formally offer Wilson. White was always a "maybe" and he isn't a sure thing as that first RB offer. Texas should take their time there unless they've already decided to offer Hicks. Hopefully we'll know more on Perkins later on.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Of the bad news this is by far the worst. Wasn't there some rumblings about Perkins making a statement A&M was his leader?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Vincent Taylor of San Antonio Madison is also not in attendance. He was at the Texas Tech Junior Day yesterday with his family and their car apparently broke down on the way home. The high possibility of him not being offered could've been a factor in the decision but he's supposed to speak with the staff soon to let them know he's still interested.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ishmael Wilson has Canceled on attending Texas' JD1 today and has rescheduled to JD2.
    To elaborate on this, 24/7 mentioned it was Wilson who cancelled and not the Texas staff. He decided to travel to Atlanta with his mother who was going to Morehouse University for a parent weekend. I guess he has a sibling there. UT still intends to offer as soon as he makes it to campus.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Of the bad news this is by far the worst. Wasn't there some rumblings about Perkins making a statement A&M was his leader?
    Ive heard a few rumors about this as well. This would be very disappointing, especially since most people thought that he was lock to be offered and to commit.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/long...f-2170387.html

From Gerry - chance of getting offer / chance of coming to Texas

Tyrone Swoops (QB): 100% / 70%
    Kyle Hicks (RB): 100% / 90%
    Dontre Wilson (RB): 100% / 30%
    Jake Oliver (WR): 100% / 80%
    Ra'Shaad Samples (WR): 100% / 50%
    Ricky Seals-Jones (WR/TE): 100% / 70%
    Durham Smythe (TE): 100% / 60%
    Kent Perkins (OT): 100% / 90%
    Ishmael Wilson (OT/DT): 100% / 33%
    A'Shawn Robinson (OT/DT): 90% / 10%
    Darius James (C/G): 100% / 60%
    Justin Manning (DT): 100% / 50%
    Vincent Taylor (DT/DE): 75% / 90%
    Naashon Hughes (OLB): 100% / 70%

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For the record, here is the final attendance list for the day. Perkins, Wilson, Taylor and Ward did not make it to Austin.

Junior Day #1 (February 12th)

QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    WR, Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit
    WR, Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline
    TE, Durham Smythe, Belton
    OL, Darius James, Killeen Harker Heights
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    OL/DL, A'Shawn Robinson, FW Arlington Heights
    DT, Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball
    LB, Naashon Hughes, Killeen Harker Heights
    ATH, Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy
    ATH, Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I believe he said that because A&M was the only Junior Day he had attended so far. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Would really love to know the reason on Perkins. It's so early in the recruiting year that probably not much to concern over since there's still 11 1/2 months for a kid to change his mind 20 times. We really need to do a recruiting push to get him in for JD2.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go to sleep tonight with Raulerson the only commitment. I don't think that happens, but wouldn't surprise me if it does.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFloss, what's your thoughts on who's likely to commit or if it'll take a few days for them to start dropping?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Reports suggest that Kent had a serious family emergency and we shouldn't worry about our status with him. The coaches will try to get him in as soon as possible to extend a offer. I hope the family emergency isn't anything fatally serious, and everything gets better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFloss, what's your thoughts on who's likely to commit or if it'll take a few days for them to start dropping?
    I'll definitely post some random thoughts after the day is over. Considering the reports that the staff was going to be more selective this year with their offers and Mack always encouraging kids and their families to take their time if they're not ready to commit then and there, I'm not expecting a huge day. My initial prediction was UT wrapping up Oliver, Perkins, Hughes and maybe James. Historically we've seen a few guys drop a couple of days after or before the second Junior Day comes around. Zero commitments today would be a surprise but nothing to get down about. Texas will get theirs even if it takes some time. A handful of these kids genuinely want to see other schools first which isn't a big deal and usually works in Texas' favor once they're able to make a comparison.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll add that in years past most of the commitments happen after lunch. I believe the event lasts until 4 or 5.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good shot of ATH Ricky Seals-Jones and his family. Looks like TE Durham Smythe in the left corner in his red Belton letter jacket.

Thread Information