Page 97 of 207 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just did a little research on my last question and the other guy was Leon McQuay III but this is what I just found out:

dated June 4th 2012

"According to his father, Leon McQuay III has named a top 3 of Vanderbilt, Michigan and USC.

This is McQuay's second cut after previously narrowing things down to a top ten. He's not very big on interviews so I may not be able to catch up with him today for his thoughts but I hope to catch him by tomorrow with more.

He would like to make his decision on Nov. 21.

McQuay is the No. 5 rated safety in the country and the No. 38 rated prospect overall."

And right after that, a user on the one Gator forum I visited asked, "Who do the Gators expect to pickup at safety now, Marcel Harris?"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I read somewhere, maybe here, that Florida will only take one more safety and there is some other guy who Florida is looking at very closely and might commit before Marcell Harris.

What do you know about this?!?! Or am I just making this up? Im not sure.
    Muschamp has told him he has a spot until National Signing Day. A lot of people are expecting him to commit to Florida at their upcoming recruiting event, Friday Night Lights, but I do think he genuinely wants to see Texas one more time before making a decision. That official visit for the Wyoming game will be huge if he makes it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL/DL Jake Raulerson and OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson

OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Durham Smythe made the All Tournament Team at the conclusion of the IFAF Under 19 World Championship. For those that didn't pay attention to the event, the US lost to Canada in the championship, 23-17. A quote from the Team USA coach on Smythe:

“He's got soft hands, he catches the ball easily and he's being physical at 6-6, 235 and he's only 16 years old,” Specht said. “I think he's got a chance to be special. Most kids think they work hard, but Durham knows what it is to work hard. I think the University of Texas is getting a special football player.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pics from the Rivals Underclassmen Challenge in DeSoto last weekend:

2014 WR KD Cannon vs. 2014 S Tony Brown

2014 WR KD Cannon, Mount Pleasant

2014 S Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen

2014 S Edward Paris, Mansfield Timberview

2014 LB Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter

2014 DE Sekou Clark, Denton Ryan

2014 WR Armanti Foreman, Texas City

2014 RB/FB Daniel Gresham, Fort Worth All Saints

2014 DE Dequone Shaw, Dallas Roosevelt

2014 ATH Willie Ivery, Sulphur Springs

2014 WR Devante "Speedy" Noil, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 WR Cameron Sims of Monroe, LA (24/7):

“LSU, Alabama, Texas, Georgia and Baylor are still my top five,” Sims told Hookem.com. “That’s in order too. The first three stand out to me the most though. They are the ones I’m looking at the hardest and the ones I’m really considering at this point. All five are great schools though.”

“It’s been a good summer for me,” said Sims. “I visited LSU and went to their camp, I went to Texas’ camp, Alabama’s too and Southern University as well. It was good getting to see all those different places and compare them to each other. All of them were a lot of fun and I enjoyed competing against the other players.”

“All three of the big camps I went to were all different, but in their own good way,” he explained. “Alabama was a lot faster paced than the other two and they worked you hard all the time it seemed like. Texas was very laid back, but you still worked out to prove yourself. You just got a real chill feeling from it. LSU was like a mixture of the both. Like I said, all three were different, but really good.”

“I like how Texas uses a lot of different formations with their offense,” Sims said. “Plus they’re also up-tempo and like to get their receivers involved in all aspects of the game. They get them the ball a lot, they have them run it, block or even throw passes occasionally. It’s a fun offense and one I could really see myself playing in.”

“The coaches told me they are going to keep a close eye on me,” Sims explained. “They said that if I kept up the hard work and kept producing, then I would definitely have an offer after the season. They want me back down for their junior day, so maybe it will come then.”

“One of the things I want to do this is get back down to Texas for a game,” Sims said. “I want to take an unofficial visit there because I really enjoyed the campus and coaches when I attended the camp in June. So I’m definitely going to get back down there to check them out again.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice pre-season video from the University Co-Op:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2oapXRyX6pQ

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Once again, thank you for all the great information Floss! It's sure great to have you back!

I can't remember, but has Tony Brown been to any of Texas' camps this summer? He seems to be great at all these events, but when I look at his highlight tape from his sop re season, I'm not that impressed. To be honest. I know he's just a sop re, but to me, Darrion Johnson from Brenham has alot better tape.

I guess that he is a tremendous cover guy, which you wouldn't see on a highlight tape, but he shows it at all these Underclassmen events were the quarterbacks has to test him instead of throwing the other way.
    Am I totally off here or?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Once again, thank you for all the great information Floss!
    Of course, man. Just passing it along. I couldn't be around for about a week and it was killing me. Lots of things happened but I think I'm all caught up.

I can't remember, but has Tony Brown been to any of Texas' camps this summer? He seems to be great at all these events, but when I look at his highlight tape from his sop re season, I'm not that impressed. To be honest. I know he's just a sop re, but to me, Darrion Johnson from Brenham has alot better tape.

I guess that he is a tremendous cover guy, which you wouldn't see on a highlight tape, but he shows it at all these Underclassmen events were the quarterbacks has to test him instead of throwing the other way.
    Am I totally off here or?
    Brown did attend the June 10th camp and Akina loved him. I do agree that his sop re tape doesn't get you out of your seat but people are gushing over this guy and he picked up Auburn and Ohio State offers very recently. I've read where some are calling him a "6" meaning he can handle all six positions in the secondary because of his size and cover ability (both CB spots, both S spots, Dime and Nickel). He's making a case for the #1 overall DB in Texas and I expect him to be way up there in the national rankings next spring. It's only helping his stock that much more that he's attending many of these big camps.

I like Johnson a lot as well but UT isn't after him right now. His older brother frequents several of the Texas boards and says he has some maturity and grade issues he's trying to overcome. The staff may pick up their efforts there depending on what his junior year looks like off of the field.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good look at some of the top guys for 2014 at the Rivals Underclassmen Challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVHDKGq3UeM

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Behind-the-scenes footage from the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge. Features a lot of TE DeSean Smith from Lake Charles, LA. He actually contacted the UT staff after the event because he spent a lot of time with OL/DL Jake Raulerson, but committed to LSU last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoDR...endscreen&NR=1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More clips of the Texas commitments at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge. Raulerson and Perkins are just solid on the line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc74-...feature=relmfu

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RSJ article talks of 'death threats' after he decommitted. Whoa...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...l-right-things

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Johnathan Gray won Gatorade Male Athlete of the Year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hate myself for even posting this, but a quote from DE Torrodney Prevot's uncle (24/7):

"The schools under consideration have not been ranked or weighted," explained Robin Toy. "We are very excited about our plans for an upcoming Texas visit."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know if things will progress but Texas has expressed interest in 2014 DE Denzel Ware out of Florida (OrangeBloods):

"Texas called recently. They talked to my coach," Ware told Orangebloods.com. "My coach called me and told me they liked me a lot."

"I'm very interested in Texas. They'd probably be in my top five, top three," Ware said. "But I haven't really decided on a list yet. I'm just waiting to see what happens."
    "I've been a FSU fan, followed that program since I was little. It's great to have a school like that recruit me," Ware said.

"I'm not doing anything else. I'm just focusing on Crestview football right now," Ware said. "We have team workouts and we'll have a camp that we'll do a week before school."

"My coach sent out my highlight tape to a bunch of schools. I guess he sent it to Texas and they liked me," Ware said. "I'm a pass rusher. That's what I do best. I'm still working on taking on blocks head on, taking on run blocks and working on my hands to get off cut blocks."

"Really, playing time will come. If I'm good enough, I'm going to play. That's how I see it so that's not a big deal. What I'm looking for is academics and the discipline, just structure of the program," Ware said.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...0VNoJfVy5IPZB4

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    RSJ article talks of 'death threats' after he decommitted. Whoa...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...l-right-things
    wow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hate myself for even posting this, but a quote from DE Torrodney Prevot's uncle (24/7):

"The schools under consideration have not been ranked or weighted," explained Robin Toy. "We are very excited about our plans for an upcoming Texas visit."
    I'm with ya on the Prevot news, TFloss I'm officially stepping off of this ride...too many twists/turns to keep up. Nothing would surprise me with this kid(or his uncle).

P.S. Thanks for all the great updates so far this week.

Hook 'em

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm with ya on the Prevot news, TFloss I'm officially stepping off of this ride...too many twists/turns to keep up. Nothing would surprise me with this kid(or his uncle).
    Definitely smart for UT fans to be indifferent towards this recruitment. Based on Prevot's quotes, it sounds like his uncle takes care of planning visits so he doesn't even know what his own schedule is half of the time.

P.S. Thanks for all the great updates so far this week.
    Of course. Things will be much better once we get out of July. 51 days left until Wyoming?!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Article from Burnt Orange Nation on the Texas kicking game and some info on a possible 2014 target.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...le-2014-target

2014 K Yanni Roustas

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Speaking of the kicking game, it seems like the newcomers have taken over special teams.

From 24/7
    One thing that hasn't been talked about much this summer is how the kicking duties will be handled in 2012. As of right now, the solution doesn't include two players who competed for jobs in the spring.

Sop re punter William Russ is reportedly not pleased with the way things are shaping up on special teams.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, this summer has featured senior transfer Alex King working as the punter, true freshman Nick Jordan working kickoffs, and walk-on freshman Nick Rose as the favorite heading into camp to be the placekicker.

That obviously leaves out walk-on placekicker Ben Pruitt and sop re punter William Russ. Our source said the latter isn't too happy.

“Russ isn't very pleased with the way things are going right now,” the source said.

The kicking game was a major question mark at the end of spring. And it looks like if everything holds to form Texas will have fresh faces who weren't on campus in the spring with some big responsibilities this fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sop re punter William Russ is reportedly not pleased with the way things are shaping up on special teams.
    Getting King as a grad student transfer from Duke was the worst thing for Russ' chances at punter. He's been an attrition candidate since Texas nabbed both Nicks (Jordan and Rose). I think it's simply a matter of him not being as good as the others. Pruitt was not impressive the two times I saw him live in the spring.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its not that hard to figure out when a place kicker is better than the other or when a punter is better than another.

Instead of Russ not being pleased, he should start working his butt off and get better. If not, wait another year and win the job.

Everytime I see him practice before the games or during the half, he is doing it in such an apathetic manner, like he doesn't want to be there. I really do not think that he is putting as much effort into his job. I'm at the stadium two hours before every game and I always look at the kickers and punters, this kid just seems lazy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm at the stadium two hours before every game...
    Mex-

I think I speak for most when saying we'd enjoy any kind of player/recruit reports, pictures, etc. that you can provide after you get home from the games. That video you shot after Tucker hit the winning field goal against A&M was one-of-a-kind. Thanks again.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Vonn Bell has officially narrowed his list down to seven schools as of last week. He told Tennessee's Rivals site that it's Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas and Vanderbilt. I think he feels pretty strongly about Ohio State as he's already made two trips to Columbus and it was the only place he visited this summer. No talk yet if Texas will get an official.

"I would like take all five (official visits) and everything but we're just going to see what happens. (I) really can't say right now, it just depends on if I narrow that list down in time," Bell said. "We're going to narrow the list down to two or three. Whenever the time feels right, probably."

"It's about the coaches, the bond, the fit and that feeling. The bond with your fellow teammates that come in with you and how you work out with them. And the ones that are already going to be up there with you. It's really about the people more than anything," Bell offered. "The coaches are going to do their part, that's what they get paid for. But you've really got to watch everything to make sure the coaches job is going in the right direction and everything. Those are the key factors right there that are going to matter."

Thread Information