Page 98 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Devon Allen has his unofficial to Ohio State set and it's a big one with his father having played baseball for the Buckeyes:

"Yeah, finally," Allen said. "We're going to make it there on July 27th for Friday Night Lights."

"I'm going to also be visiting Michigan and Notre Dame (after the camp)," he said. "Then we're going to visit my aunt in Chicago."

"I am making these trips so that I can start getting an idea", Allen continued. "These schools are ones I need to see before I can really know, because I have about fifteen schools that I am still very interested in. I want to be able to decide by the end of my senior season."

"I want to go to a school that will allow me to run track and play football," said the track star who recently competed in the US Junior National Track Meet in Indianapolis. "As of now, there is no one saying I can't do both."

"I mostly talk to Coach Urban Meyer when I talk to Ohio State," he continued. "He just keeps telling me how much they need speed at wide receiver and how much they could use a guy with my speed, as well as my grades and everything."

"I am real excited to get to see the 'Shoe," he said. "But I am also pretty excited for the food (laughing). My dad is going to show me around and let me see what Columbus has to offer."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mex-

I think I speak for most when saying we'd enjoy any kind of player/recruit reports, pictures, etc. that you can provide after you get home from the games. That video you shot after Tucker hit the winning field goal against A&M was one-of-a-kind. Thanks again.
    I love doing it, of course, but I haven't been able to post too much for two reasons:
    1. If my bosses find out, Im afraid I'd get fired.
    2. Sometimes I just don't have time.

But whenever I can, Ill post pictures and videos as much as I can. I love sharing those moments. Also, thank you for your info, love coming here man. There's no bs, about 80% of the posts in this thread are information, love it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I love doing it, of course, but I haven't been able to post too much for two reasons:
    1. If my bosses find out, Im afraid I'd get fired.
    Dude, of course don't do anything that will get you in trouble. That's totally understandable. It's just a message board, not worth the stress.

Also, thank you for your info, love coming here man. There's no bs, about 80% of the posts in this thread are information, love it.
    No problem, man. Love that we have a good community here. Life is pretty crazy (great, but crazy) right now for me so this thread keeps me sane and is a nice distraction.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_bf3_a5

Tunnel Vision Award
    Winner: QB Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright (Texas)

This award goes to the quarterback who didn't see the field very well, and in that regard, signal-caller Tyrone Swoopes struggled more than anyone else. When he locked on his first read, he was easy to deflect. When he was forced to reverse his field of vision, things got even worse.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And yet he will still be a better QB than anything aggsy have.

Keep in mind, he isn't coming to Texas to be our savior, we don't need one, he will have lots of time to develop and learn the position. Every major program wants him so don't act like he is overrated, he isn't. I trust Mack Saban Stoops Miles and Meyer over SI hack and aggsy fan

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Swoopes is definitely a project and to nobody's surprise he struggled in a pass-only environment. If you've seen his highlights he plays against a bunch of 150lb white boys with nobody to pass to and no compe ion to play against - so he doesn't go through progressions, he runs the ball.

No question he will redshirt and would not see the field at Texas until 3 years at best, and more likely longer. From what I've heard from guys that have seen him live I look forward to seeing what he becomes by his Jr/Sr year which is all that really matters. Nobody out there has a ceiling any higher than Swoopes if he has the work ethic to back up his potential he will be elite.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mex-

I think I speak for most when saying we'd enjoy any kind of player/recruit reports, pictures, etc. that you can provide after you get home from the games. That video you shot after Tucker hit the winning field goal against A&M was one-of-a-kind. Thanks again.

Yeah Mex, that vid at the A&M game was pretty damn cool, I was jealous as you were right there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Robbie Rhodes just got his 5th star from 24/7, and checks in at no. 1 WR and 18 overall.

They were also considering A'Shawn Robinson as a 5-star, but kept him as a 4-star. They wouldn't be surprised if he's a 5-star when it's all said and done, though.
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 07-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 RB Donald Catalon (24/7):

“I have two favorites right now,” Catalon told Hookem.com. “They are Texas and LSU. That’s in no order though. Neither school is ahead of each other or anything like that. They’re just the two schools I like the most and the top two I would like to play for.”

“He’s just a very cool person and coach,” said Catalon. “I get along with him very well. He’s very down to earth and easy to talk to on and off the field. I really like his coaching style and the way he breaks it all down for you. He takes time to go out of his way and explain things so that you’ll learn more. That stood out a lot to me about him when I was there in June.”

“Basically he said I was one of the top backs that showed up,” Catalon explained. “He pretty much told me that I would have an offer if I kept it up. They want me back on February 18th for their junior day next year and I plan to be there.”

“They told me to come out to some games,” he said. “I’m hoping to make some. I want to try and make three of them if I can. I’d like to see the offense up close and see how they use all those guys they got on the roster at running back. I know they should be good.”

“I’m doing everything I can to get better,” Catalon said. “I did go to two camps this year. One for Oklahoma and then the one for Texas, but other than that I’ve just been working out. I’m always up at my school lifting and working hard to become a better player. I’m planning on having a big year. A really big one, actually. I just have to keep grinding away though.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2014 S Tony Brown after the Rivals Underclassmen Challenge (OrangeBloods):

"I strive on compe ion. You can't get better unless you're competing against guys at the same level or above yours," Brown said. "If you don't go out there and see who is better than you, how are you going to get better just working by yourself all the time? I've gone up against people who are supposed to be the best and I just try to prove I'm the best every time."

"I came out here this summer to prove I could guard man because they had moved me to safety and recruiters and everyone thought I couldn't play man-to-man. So that's all I've been working on in practice. I came out here and I proved it and I feel like that was the only factor that was holding me back from being the No. 1 DB," Brown said. "I've proved that I'll compete at any camp, I've got top performer at every camp I've gone to and I've competed against the best of the best."

"It was great," Brown said of the experience. "I saw five-star guys and I know what I have to shoot for to become a five-star. That's my goal. I saw the number one corner, the number one DB, so I know what I have to shoot for. I was in the front of every drill, I was leading everything and I got awarded as a top performer. I know if I can get top performer against guys a year older than me I feel like I can be one of the best in my class."

"My freshman year, I really had zero offers. Then my sop re year, I had one offer from LSU. When that first ranking came out, I wasn't in the top-10. It's just that drive to prove I'm the best every day," Brown said. "When I work out, I think about that - how I felt when I first read that I wasn't the number one guy. I felt like I had worked for it and that I had been cheated. So I come out every day and remember how I felt and I never want to feel that again."

"I think confidence comes from how hard you work. If you know you're working harder than the other guy, then you know he can't beat you. I think it also comes from genetics. My dad and my uncle, my mom's twin brother, they were always corners and when you talk to them, you can tell they were confident guys. My mom is confident. She won a Naismith award in high school for basketball, so I think it's just in my blood to be confident," Brown said.

"I really am wide open. I know you don't want to hear it, but I really am wide open. I can probably give a list after the first couple football games," Brown said.

"I'm born and raised in Texas. Texas is always going to be in the top 10, probably even the top 5 for sure. (DB) Coach (Duane) Akina is a great coach, he's produced great DBs. I have the utmost respect for him and coach (Mack) Brown. They're definitely going to be in the top group."

"It's the love with LSU. That was my first offer. They believed in me at a young age. They'll have to be in my top five just off of trust. They trust me so much."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eric over at IT spoke with Caleb Benenoch and reports he has a high interest in Stanford and is planning a visit. His family is big on academics.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eric over at IT spoke with Caleb Benenoch and reports he has a high interest in Stanford and is planning a visit. His family is big on academics.
    I think Stanford is the only school that could beat out Texas because of the academics angle. He'll be in Palo Alto in two weeks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, 2014 RB Devon Thomas of Broken Arrow, OK has been reaching out to Major Applewhite since he was in Austin for the June 10th camp. He's thought to be an Oklahoma lean so it's a positive development. He's ranked #43 overall by the 24/7 network.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Thomas-131970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FheHgWot0g

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Five-star LB Reuben Foster (also the #2 overall player in the country according to Rivals) will be making an announcement at his high school this afternoon concerning his recruitment. He's likely de-committing from Alabama and going to pick either Auburn or Georgia.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Foster-108287

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    And yet he will still be a better QB than anything aggsy have.

Keep in mind, he isn't coming to Texas to be our savior, we don't need one, he will have lots of time to develop and learn the position. Every major program wants him so don't act like he is overrated, he isn't. I trust Mack Saban Stoops Miles and Meyer over SI hack and aggsy fan
    Holy butthurt. I'm just reporting what SI said. This guy obviously has potential. Quit being so sensitive. And no, right now he is not better than anything A&M has. I wouldn't say that Texas doesn't need a QB right now, but that's me.

Swoopes is definitely a project and to nobody's surprise he struggled in a pass-only environment. If you've seen his highlights he plays against a bunch of 150lb white boys with nobody to pass to and no compe ion to play against - so he doesn't go through progressions, he runs the ball.

No question he will redshirt and would not see the field at Texas until 3 years at best, and more likely longer. From what I've heard from guys that have seen him live I look forward to seeing what he becomes by his Jr/Sr year which is all that really matters. Nobody out there has a ceiling any higher than Swoopes if he has the work ethic to back up his potential he will be elite.
    I have no doubt his ceiling is high and that Mack will redshirt him. There's obviously a reason he is so highly recruited. Should be interesting to watch his progression over the coming years.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Five-star LB Reuben Foster (also the #2 overall player in the country according to Rivals) will be making an announcement at his high school this afternoon concerning his recruitment. He's likely de-committing from Alabama and going to pick either Auburn or Georgia.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Foster-108287
    Saw this on twitter yesterday. Any idea why he wants to switch? I'd be pretty surprised if he left Alabama to go to Auburn. Switching to Georgia wouldn't be a huge surprise given the fact that he's from there.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Holy butthurt. I'm just reporting what SI said. This guy obviously has potential. Quit being so sensitive. And no, right now he is not better than anything A&M has. I wouldn't say that Texas doesn't need a QB right now, but that's me.

I have no doubt his ceiling is high and that Mack will redshirt him. There's obviously a reason he is so highly recruited. Should be interesting to watch his progression over the coming years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

You aggsy have been trying to say he is overrated since he committed to Texas. don't act like you were just wanting to be informative with that post, all along you have been looking for validation to say he is overrated. No doubt you will use this article.

I telling you I trust the opinion of coaches who have recruited him, he is going to be a great QB for Texas, but just like it took Vince 3 years to develop as a passer it will also take him some time, and I love his at ude much more than Vince's at ude. He is very coachable.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Saw this on twitter yesterday. Any idea why he wants to switch? I'd be pretty surprised if he left Alabama to go to Auburn. Switching to Georgia wouldn't be a huge surprise given the fact that he's from there.
    I approve of him switching to Georgia

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Auburn has been rumored to be where he will switch for quite some time so I would be utterly shocked if switch is not there. We'll find out in a few as I believe presser is for 2pm CST.

This kid has the most impressive film I've seen from any prospect I've seen this year IMO. Ags get lucky Nkemdiche and Foster will not be playing for Bama, I'll say that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Georgia is one of my favorite schools, but I would rather him pick auburn... Just so it will chap sabans ass, and so that I can hear all the tide fans start talking about how he is over rated!!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Yeah, he switched to Auburn. He better watch out, those bammer fans are goin to be pissed.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You aggsy have been trying to say he is overrated since he committed to Texas. don't act like you were just wanting to be informative with that post, all along you have been looking for validation to say he is overrated. No doubt you will use this article.

I telling you I trust the opinion of coaches who have recruited him, he is going to be a great QB for Texas, but just like it took Vince 3 years to develop as a passer it will also take him some time, and I love his at ude much more than Vince's at ude. He is very coachable.
    Find one post where I've said he's overrated. One.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Swoopes is also supposed to drop from 22 to 100 on the espn rankings. I agree that we got a good one in him but the fact is that he is an incredible athlete which lots of potential at QB. That's all we know right now. Everything is can only be speculation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video interview with 2014 DE Myles Garrett. Impressive looking kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TpvBJTtbik

Thread Information