Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I bet Adidas originally told them ” we call it the Texas Techfit”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Maurice Porter committed to Texas Tech last week:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...ZgnEbFPnhIPZB4

The Aggies talk more about Swoopes' throwing motion and Oliver's 40 time than their own recruits on TexAgs. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Good pick up for Tech. I like Porter's upside.
    Last edited by billfromlaketravis; 07-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The Aggies talk more about Swoopes' throwing motion and Oliver's 40 time than their own recruits on TexAgs. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Good pick up for Tech. I like Porter's upside.
    Yeah, he's raw, but agreed that he has nice upside.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    why are we discussing a texas tech recruit in a longhorn recruiting thread ?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The same reason you Ags do as well? (No apparent reason......actually I see their side more since they are actually in our conference).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The same reason you Ags do as well? (No apparent reason......actually I see their side more since they are actually in our conference).
    i was being facetious

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i was being facetious
    I know, I have been reading this thread daily.....but I was being serious.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott is headed to LSU this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from OL Caleb Benenoch (OrangeBloods):

"The latest is basically, Texas and OU will be in my top five schools. That's a given," Benenoch said. "If Stanford offers me, they'll also be in there. It would basically be a tie between those three schools. After that, it's kind of a toss-up."

"My parents really like Northwestern and Purdue. Even if they don't make my top five, I might still take officials there since I can't drive there this summer,"
    Benenoch said. "If i can't make it to OU this summer, they'll be in my top five regardless." (Benenoch hasn't seen the OU campus ... he attended an OU satellite camp.)

"Academics is huge. For my parents, that's their main thing. They're not too worried about the football aspect, for them it's more about academics," Benenoch said. "So that will be a huge factor in deciding. That's what UT has over OU. UT's academics are really. The law school is 12th in the country. It's a top school in the country overall. That's very important to me."

"With a school like Stanford, even though it's far away, my parents feel like if I'm getting an education like that, they'll let me go that far. Same with Northwestern. One of the reasons I opened up my recruitment is because Michigan State is so far away. They said 'we don't mind you going that far away if you're getting that type of education,'" Benenoch said.

"My parents have been Stanford fanatics for as long as I can remember. Just everything that it gives you. If you get an education from Stanford, you're pretty much set if you want to get a job later. My dad talks to me about Harvard law school ... Stanford sets you up for that. And Stanford has great football of late."

"UT for me is above everybody. I've been thinking about it, they're above everybody," Benenoch said. "Stanford I don't have an offer from, so I can't really consider them yet. I like the school, I hear it's a great campus, but I have to go see it for myself. I like what they bring to the table on paper, but I still have to see it."

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I didn't bring him up, but I didn't want to be rude either.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Trojans obviously have limited spots and they just got an elite DL commitment with Eddie Vanderdoes. They are also going hard after 5-star Kenny Bigelow at DT.

That may squash any rumors of USC pursuing A’Shawn Robinson hard with such limited scholarships.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Trojans obviously have limited spots and they just got an elite DL commitment with Eddie Vanderdoes. They are also going hard after 5-star Kenny Bigelow at DT.

That may squash any rumors of USC pursuing A’Shawn Robinson hard with such limited scholarships.
    Isn't he already committed to them?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, there was some talk that WR Ricky Seals-Jones was going to visit LSU this weekend but that isn't expected to happen because he has a basketball obligation in Humble.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't he already committed to them?
    Bigelow committed to USC right after Thanksgiving.

Were you talking about someone else instead, chronic?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bigelow committed to USC right after Thanksgiving.

Were you talking about someone else instead, chronic?

Sorry, I can see my comments were unclear. Yes Bigelow is already committed, but there was talk about him considering taking visits elsewhere at some of the camps. USC has been working it hard to keep that from happening and it looks like that won't be the case at this point. The thought was USC might start pursuing Robinson harder if Bigelow got wandering eyes but I think they like where they stand now with Bigelow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry, I can see my comments were unclear. Yes Bigelow is already committed, but there was talk about him considering taking visits elsewhere at some of the camps. USC has been working it hard to keep him from taking other visits. The thought was USC might start pursuing Robinson harder if Bigelow got wandering eyes but I think they like where they stand now with Bigelow.
    Thanks for the clarification. I figured you misspoke or were implying that his commitment was shaky.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Edward Williams (2013 inside linebacker from Louisiana) committed to A&M.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/football...illiams-142128

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for the clarification. I figured you misspoke or were implying that his commitment was shaky.

Yeah, should have said going hard to 'retain' him, as opposed to saying going hard after him. There has been a flurry of info that he was looking elsewhere -- and when I heard that my first though was concern about them trying to get a visit from Robinson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Things have been pretty quiet on Von Bell lately. People seem to think team to beat is Tennessee as long one of his favorites and close to home, and speculation is the Buckeyes are right there as well, as well as Georgia. I certainly hope this kid makes an official as I know he likes Texas, but I would guess we are playing catch-up at this point. He did list Texas in his top 7 and said he hopes to get down to 2-3 pretty soon so he may not take all his officials.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jamal Adams 2014 DB is headed to Bama camp this weekend. Of definite 2014 offers he may be biggest UT lean. Bama and LSU are hitting top 2014 kids in TX hard and earlier than ever.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just talked to a source who helped at the World Championships. He said that Durham Smythe pulled up and he had his mother do everything for him, and that all the players were making fun of him (because all the other players from Texas drove themselves and took care of everything.) He also said that his mom asked someone to take his wallet to him, because he did not want to come get it from her.

Hopefully he gets out of being under mommies wing and grow up so we wont have a problem at UT...
    This is the least of our problems.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New 2014 name on the radar. LB Kain Daub of Ponte Vedra, FL is taking an unofficial visit to Texas in July. Big kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...in-Duab-133464
    FYI...Kain Daub commits to LSU today...kid is a beast!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/777631/#highlights/7786399

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Rick Barnes was at RSJ's b-ball game Saturday

Thread Information