My Team
    Trinity Tigers
    Post Count
    gets disciplined behind the scenes, promoted to OC this year

UT T&F coach Bev Kerney has consensual sex w/adult student in 2002, is forced to resign by UT

Can you say lawsuit about to happen?

http://keyetv.com/news/features/top-...ent-6711.shtml

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT's board of regents will discuss the matter in a specially called Sunday meeting that will include consultation with attorneys.

In separate statements released Friday night, Dodds and Applewhite called the incident a one-time occurrence. Dodds said it happened during activities related to the 2009 Fiesta Bowl, when Applewhite was UT's assistant head coach and running backs coach.

Dodds said he learned of the incident later that month, and that Applewhite admitted his "inappropriate conduct." Applewhite "fully accepted his discipline, including counseling," Dodds said.

"Several years ago, I made a regretful decision resulting in behavior that was totally inappropriate," Applewhite said in his statement. "It was a one-time occurrence and was a personal matter. Shortly after it occurred, I discussed the situation with [Texas athletic director] DeLoss Dodds. I was upfront and took full responsibility for my actions. This is and was resolved four years ago with the university.
    I'm not an Applewhite fan, but it looks like the University dealt with this 4 years ago:

http://blog.chron.com/longhorns/2013...hite-incident/

Post Count
    What age qualifies one as an "adult" in this context?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What age qualifies one as an "adult" in this context?
    Same as any other context?

Dont see why like this is even a big deal tbh. Theres nothing immoral or wrong about a 30 year old ing a college student.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The only reason is should matter is if the student is also employed by the university

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting to see where this goes, other BB said that the difference is that Major had sex with a Grad assistant while kerney had sex with a undergrad student. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm pretty sure the timing of this was released by the lawyers to coincide with the lawsuit.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Dont see why like this is even a big deal tbh. Theres nothing immoral or wrong about a 30 year old ing a college student.
    Uh, there's definitely something immoral about it when you're married - especially when your wife is 9 months pregnant at the time. It means he's s , and I wouldn't want my school employing such a person to lead the young men who were also going to represent my university. I'll say the same if (God forbid) any of our coaches do the same thing in the future.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Uh, there's definitely something immoral about it when you're married - especially when your wife is 9 months pregnant at the time. It means he's s , and I wouldn't want my school employing such a person to lead the young men who were also going to represent my university. I'll say the same if (God forbid) any of our coaches do the same thing in the future.
    Yup. He's a piece of . A piece of who just hired Joe Jamail. Aggy, you need look no further for a new place to have your bonfire. There's one in Texas that's growing larger by the day.

Also, lol Conner Brewer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm sure it will go over really well with all those kids' parent's he is doing recruiting work on. Another win for UT!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did he really hire Joe Jamail? Wow.

Not Koolaid_Man Homeland Security's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    gets disciplined behind the scenes, promoted to OC this year

UT T&F coach Bev Kerney has consensual sex w/adult student in 2002, is forced to resign by UT

Can you say lawsuit about to happen?

http://keyetv.com/news/features/top-...ent-6711.shtml
    Yesterday was February 2, aka Longhorn Groundhog Day. DeLoss Dodds came out of his burrow and saw another sex scandal, which means 6 more losses to OU.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Too much going on. So they both had sex with students.... Hers in 2002, resigned a month ago. His was 4 years ago and now this comes out? WTF is going on?

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    props to major.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Too much going on. So they both had sex with students.... Hers in 2002, resigned a month ago. His was 4 years ago and now this comes out? WTF is going on?
    Texas wants to run off Kerney. Uses relationship with student as excuse.

Kerney knows about Major's situation and lawyers up. Kerney's legal team files open records request for Major's letter of reprimand.

Texas/Major go public with story about Major because they know if they don't, Kerney's lawyers will.

Since Texas doesn't want any part of having to go into a courtroom to try to explain why it makes sense to force the black, female, gay track coach to resign when the white, male, straight football coach got a slap on the wrist, all that's left is to do is give Kerney a fat check and that will be the end of it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas wants to run off Kerney. Uses relationship with student as excuse.

Kerney knows about Major's situation and lawyers up. Kerney's legal team files open records request for Major's letter of reprimand.

Texas/Major go public with story about Major because they know if they don't, Kerney's lawyers will.

Since Texas doesn't want any part of having to go into a courtroom to try to explain why it makes sense to force the black, female, gay track coach to resign when the white, male, straight football coach got a slap on the wrist, all that's left is to do is give Kerney a fat check and that will be the end of it.
    Yup. Plus, this probably gives Perry's regents the excuse they need to fire Pres. Powers.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Same as any other context?

The act itself isn't a big deal. The fact they fired a coach for doing the same thing is what the big deal is.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The act itself isn't a big deal. The fact they fired a coach for doing the same thing is what the big deal is.
    A black, gay coach. And they kept the pasty, white male. It's a shame they're going to settle. I would like to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Apparently Case and the other player filmed their exploits with the chick in SA and both guys participated.
    Last edited by Sisk; 02-06-2013 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Case and the other player filmed their exploits with the chick in SA and both guys participated.
    Lol. Of course they did. Jesus Christ. That poor girl ed Sloth.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol. Of course they did. Jesus Christ. That poor girl ed Sloth.

Thread Information