Page 60 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure if we've talked about 2014 OL Demetrius Knox out of Forth Worth All Saints Episcopal yet, but he could be one of the top players at his position once things start to heat up for that class. He was offered by Nebraska today and also has an offer from A&M (he's visited them twice already). He's scheduled to make an unofficial to Ohio State in June. He moved to Texas from Ohio two years ago, so if they offer it could be a done deal.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/227262/demetrius-knox#

"It's a great feeling to know that all of the work I'm putting in is paying off and everything is coming together," Knox said. "I know that if I keep my grades up and keep working hard then I'm going to have a great opportunity."

"I feel like I'm quicker and faster," Knox said. "I've added more muscle. All I do when I'm not working on stuff for school is work out. I've done a lot on my own in the afternoons."

"It's just a special connection I have with Ohio State," Knox said. "I've been there a few times and it's a great environment."

“I just look at the Texas program and what they do, and I feel like they'd get me ready for the NFL,” Knox said. “I just feel like of the teams I've watched, Texas has what it takes to get me to where I want to be.”

"It reminds me a lot of All Saints, which I like," Knox said. "They're always together and they're all for each other. It's like one big family."

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Anyone else really confused by Smith? Says his "dream school" Texas is slipping possibly because they waited longer to offer even though he's one of two CBs in the picture and is a priority. Also says he likes the way Alabama gave him so much attention yet they've offered exactly 16 DBs other than him and that doesn't count their ATH offers. Kid contradicts himself a lot but it'll be fun to watch going forward.
    You always have to keep in mind that you're dealing with 16/17 year olds and they are making the biggest decision of their life to this point. Not at all of them handle it as well as we would think it can be handled, but it is a bit of a concern when your "dream school" slips because they waited a bit. As long as they were upfront with him, I am good with the staff's approach. Lock up Davis and see what happens to Smith. 2014 is loaded with DB talent. I trust Akina and if this kid was a must have, he would have been offered right away.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    QB Kenny Hill of Southlake Carroll committed to Texas A&M over the weekend. I think the Ags may getting more concerned that QB Kohl Stewart will go the baseball route.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...ny-Hill-125938

If they are concerned about Stewart going the baseball route, was Hill the best back-up plan? From what I understand he is pretty good in baseball himself and may have the same options as Stewart as far as baseball goes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You always have to keep in mind that you're dealing with 16/17 year olds and they are making the biggest decision of their life to this point. Not at all of them handle it as well as we would think it can be handled, but it is a bit of a concern when your "dream school" slips because they waited a bit. As long as they were upfront with him, I am good with the staff's approach. Lock up Davis and see what happens to Smith. 2014 is loaded with DB talent. I trust Akina and if this kid was a must have, he would have been offered right away.
    You're right and we just don't know what Smith is thinking. It's probably a combination of wanting to be offered earlier by Texas while all of these other big programs are telling him everything he wants to hear. He has a lot on his plate and he's like Prevot in the sense that this bundle of offers came a little later in the game so he's had to take a step back and think versus being ready to commit to UT in February when he was an more of an unknown prospect.

It will be interesting to see how the staff proceeds should he still be on the board beyond summer. I agree with you that you have to wonder what Akina thinks about everything as he usually offers his "must have" guys in February. Did he wait because he was truly undecided? Or was the in-state talent just not catching his eye? I'm confident that Davis was always Akina's guy but that back injury of his slowed down the process and kept him from being offered at a Junior Day.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If they are concerned about Stewart going the baseball route, was Hill the best back-up plan? From what I understand he is pretty good in baseball himself and may have the same options as Stewart as far as baseball goes.
    I'm not sure just how good Hill is when it comes to baseball. I know Stewart could have some options since the kid throws mid-90s from the mound already. Have to get our resident Ags to chime in.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that Duane Akina went by San Antonio Christian today to look at TE Corey Robinson. Not much worth passing along but Akina did tell his coach that the staff was interested should things ever change with his commitment to Notre Dame. I believe Robinson's older brother is currently attending UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE Daeshon Hall...OrangeBloods just visited Lancaster HS and they did confirm what Inside Texas reported two weeks ago; he was definitely in College Station for one of A&M's scrimmages. No quotes from Hall were provided and the UT staff is aware that he was there, but there's just not a good vibe with this one right now. Sounds like a case of committing early but still wanting to window shop. He's definitely the definition of a "soft verbal" at the moment so we'll see if he takes any additional visits in the future.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More on WR Eldridge Massington...USC actually went by yesterday. Inside Texas reporting he received great feedback from their coaches and he expects to be offered soon. Alabama was also there and it's the same for them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    any idea how all these guys leaving affects our scholarships for the '13 class? do we still only take 20 and load up in a loaded '14 class with a lot of future seniors leaving in that class?
    I think it's a tad early to tell as the staff will want to see who will still leave the program (rumored to be about two or three more guys currently) and who they can still land for the 2013 class. For example, if Wilson ends up committing to Oregon, the staff could stand pat and not go after another RB to save space for 2014. Lots of different scenarios that affect numbers and you obviously want to be at 85 or below.

Here's a breakdown after the current transfers:

2012 Spring Roster (including 2012 early enrollees) = 60
    Remainder of 2012 class = 22

2012 Seniors
    RB Jeremy Hills
    RB DJ Monroe
    FB Ryan Roberson
    WR Marquise Goodwin
    WR DeSean Hales
    TE DJ Grant
    TE Barrett Matthews
    OL Luke Poehlmann
    DE Alex Okafor
    S Kenny Vaccaro

2013 Spring Roster (no early enrollees, transfers or early NFL departures) = 72

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those of you who watch College Football Live, here's their early Top 25:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...eseason-top-25

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation Q&A with DE Bryce Cottrell:

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/fo...bryce-cottrell

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas has said goodbye to 17 players in 11 months for various reasons. Article from HornsNation:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...hing-for-texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick piece of info from Nebraska's 24/7 site on CB Cole Luke. Worth keeping in mind since Smith may end up taking his time.

Luke doesn’t have quite the connection to Nebraska, and has several major offers to consider. It appears he’s waiting on a possible Texas offer, but claims offers from Arkansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Oregon. The Sooners appear to have a strong lead here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that the voluntary summer workouts with Bennie Wylie and his staff plus 7-on-7 starts on Monday, June 4th. Most, if not all, of the 2012 guys are expected to enroll the weekend before as summer classes officially start on May 31st.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Duane Akina stopped by San Antonio Roosevelt today to see 2014 S Arrion Springs (24/7).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBUjCnN2RQ

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    VY to work out for the Buffalo Bills tomorrow:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...9-4f409477e1c1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with QB Tyrone Swoopes (24/7):

“Everything has been going good for me since I’ve committed to Texas,” said Swoopes. “After a successful run in basketball, I then started focusing on track and did pretty good in it. I made it to regionals in the 800 relay, the spring relay and the long jump, so that was good for me. There was also some baseball thrown in there too, so I’ve been busy. Now I’ll begin to shift my focus back on football. We will start doing football during school before too long and, of course, I’ll be busy with it this summer. I’m really looking forward to getting back to it. I’ve missed it for sure.”

“When it’s allowed, I talk to Coach Harsin almost every week,” he said. “He’s also stopped by the school recently. They’ve watched me run track, have baseball practice and all of that. No football yet though, but I’m sure they’ll be by at some point before our season begins to check me out. The cool thing about Coach Harsin is that he just doesn’t want to know about football. He says the most important thing is school, so that’s usually the first thing he asks about. He also makes sure I’m doing well just all around and asks how everything is going for me in life, not just on the field. That’s real cool to me and is just part of that family atmosphere at Texas.”

“There’s one main thing I want to work on when we start back,” Swoopes explained. “I want to work on my accuracy a little bit. Actually, I want to work on it a lot. That’s going to be the biggest thing for me this year. I want to make it better, so I’ll be better. I’ll be focusing hard on my throwing accuracy and the little things like mechanics for sure. Those are the things my coaches from Whitewright and Texas would like to see improve and so would I.”

“I’m expecting a good year for us,” Swoopes said. “We did lose some people, but we’ll be good still. I’m expecting to make a deep playoff run. We only lost about six seniors, so there’s plenty of the team coming back. Plus some of our younger guys are beginning to step up and they have a lot of talent. I think we’ll do real well this year and should be very successful.”

“I really enjoyed what I saw at the spring game,” Swoopes told Hookem.com. “I thought everyone did a great job. They were all out there competing hard and showed that a lot of progress has been made. The offense was clicking for sure. I think they’re going to do very well this year. In a way, they’re in the same boat as us. They need some younger players to step up and it appears they have.”

“Our class is going to be really good,” Swoopes said. “I think one reason why is because we are all meshing well if you ask me. We’re all in it together and feel like we can make a good impact from the start. It all comes down to working together and sticking together. I think that’s what we have. For example, Jake Raulerson has become a good friend of mine. He’s a great guy and very vocal. I’ve really hit it off with him. Ricky Seals-Jones and I have also formed a great friendship and I can’t wait to be throwing passes to him. The same goes for Jake Oliver too. We actually met at an Oklahoma camp, but obviously are much happier now that we’re both Longhorns. I can’t wait to be on the field with those three especially and the rest of the class. It’s going to be something special.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from RB Dontre Wilson (24/7):

“I've told them (college coaches) I'm focusing on track right now,” Wilson said. “As soon as state's over it's back on.”

"It would help knowing that I've got people down there (in Austin) who will I already know,” Wilson said. “It's a good thing.”

“When LaMichael James first got his chance,” James said. “He's a great player. He's always been my idol because of his size.”

“He's like my best friend (Oregon RBs coach, Gary Campbell),” Wilson said. “All of the running backs he's coached have had great success. It's a big factor in my decision.”

“My decision is basically that I'd have committed to Oregon already if it wasn't so far away,” Wilson said. “That's my big issue with Oregon. I want my parents to be able to come see me play. In the end you're trying to make it to the league, so you do what you have to do.”

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from RB Dontre Wilson (24/7):

“I've told them (college coaches) I'm focusing on track right now,” Wilson said. “As soon as state's over it's back on.”

"It would help knowing that I've got people down there (in Austin) who will I already know,” Wilson said. “It's a good thing.”

“When LaMichael James first got his chance,” James said. “He's a great player. He's always been my idol because of his size.”

“He's like my best friend (Oregon RBs coach, Gary Campbell),” Wilson said. “All of the running backs he's coached have had great success. It's a big factor in my decision.”

My decision is basically that I'd have committed to Oregon already if it wasn't so far away,” Wilson said. “That's my big issue with Oregon. I want my parents to be able to come see me play. In the end you're trying to make it to the league, so you do what you have to do.”
    that is it right there, texas isn't where he wants to be and if he goes there i doubt he excels because it isn't where he wants to be. he fits that oregon offense and as much as i like to be greedy he should go there

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good news on DE Torrodney Prevot for a change...OrangeBloods says he is planning on attending the state track meet next weekend and will meet with the UT coaches afterwards. No word if he's still trying to set up the other unofficial visit with his family.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Chevoski Collins received a visit from UT yesterday and the staff will be stopping by Dallas Bishop Dunne today to see 2014 DB Nick Watkins. Some tape of Watkins for those who haven't seen him yet; really athletic kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpc7Wzx-KSQ

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @bperroni
    For #USC fans, I think the #Trojans offer Rivals250 WR Eldridge Massington soon and I think he commits on the spot. That's his clear No. 1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, S Marcell Harris will be receiving a visit from UT next week. He also spoke with Akina over the phone recently.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, the coaches made trips to see the following guys:

DE/LB Deon Hollins, Jr., Fort Bend Marshall
    2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott, La Porte

Fort Bend Marshall has a lot of talent so this could've just been a routine stop, but it's still interesting considering things are a bit shaky with DE Daeshon Hall and DE Torrodney Prevot maintains that he won't be committing anytime soon. Could Hollins be back in the picture?

Thread Information