Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 5170
    Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah Vaccaro, didn't mean he was a first rounder right now but I expect him to play really well next season. If Jeffcoat plays like he did in the Holiday bowl and leaves early, I could see him going in the top two rounds as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Okafur, Jeffcoat and Hicks are all prime candidates that could leave early and be drafted very early.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Okafor will be a senior, so he's leaving no matter what. He's also rated as the #1 DE in the 2013 draft right now.

Keenan Robinson was just taken in the fourth round by the Redskins. First Longhorn.

Emmanuel Acho to Browns (ugh) in the 6th
    Last edited by ThePop; 04-28-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    acho to cleveland

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Randall to Miami

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Justin Tucker to Baltimore.
    Cody Johnson to Tampa Bay.
    David Snow to Buffalo.
    Last edited by ThePop; 04-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per @Sean_Callahan, Nebraska running back Aaron Green is transferring. Was MaxPreps' third-ranked RB and a five-star in 2011. Looking at Baylor, OU, Tech, TCU, Hou.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per @Sean_Callahan, Nebraska running back Aaron Green is transferring. Was MaxPreps' third-ranked RB and a five-star in 2011. Looking at Baylor, OU, Tech, TCU, Hou.
    You mean Pelini wasn't a nice guy?! My first thought is Baylor because of his uncle.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A nice honor for LB Deoundrei Davis as he's been invited to the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge later on this summer. Quotes from him along with his film:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/592788/deoundrei-davis

"I have always expected great things for myself," he said. "It didn't bother me that it took as long as it did because I knew what my abilities were."

"I knew I would get noticed. I knew it would happen."

"It is great that people think highly enough of me to invite me out to the event," he said. "Now it is time to show them that they made the right decision."

"It is a team thing and we all want to win," he said. "But it is an individual event, too. You are in coverage and you have your man and the eyes are on you."

"I am always going to be hungry," he said. "I wasn't given anything and didn't have a bunch of hype. I had to work hard to earn everything I have now. I wouldn't allow myself to give up or slow down in anything. Now that I have the chance to prove myself I want to go out there and be the best. I don't think all those other guys are going to be as hungry as me."

"I have respect for them all (the other compe ors), but I am hungry and aggressive and people will see that."

"I am confident in myself and always have been," he said. "I really think that if I keep going the sky is the limit."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quote from DB Maurice Smith:

"Everyone is on the same level. I'll probably wait to make my decision at the Under Armour game."

He also says he's been talking with Duane Akina on a weekly basis and hears a lot from OL/DL Jake Raulerson, ATH Jacorey Warrick and CB Antwuan Davis. He's a bit tough to figure out because he still lists Texas as his "dream school" but keeps pushing his decision date back. I think he still feels a little slighted because UT waited so long to offer so hopefully that will fade in time. Getting Davis to commit soon and attending the summer camp in Austin with all of the other commitments could help things quite a bit. It's tough for Texas that more and more schools keep entering the picture.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that UT is supposed to be at West Mesquite HS today to see WR Eldridge Massington. USC is scheduled to be by on Tuesday. It could be a blessing in disguise if the Trojans offer in the near future and Massington gets his commitment out of the way (rumors out there that he's been recruiting for USC) allowing Texas to focus elsewhere. The time is now to offer if the Longhorns really want a shot at him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from RB Dontre Wilson (24/7). Wilson says he won't be speaking with any coaches until after the state track meet comes to an end (May 12th-13th). UT still has their visits to DeSoto for the spring eval period.

“My decision is basically that I'd have committed to Oregon already if it wasn't so far away,” Wilson said. “That's my big issue with Oregon. I want my parents to be able to come see me play. In the end you're trying to make it to the league, so you do what you have to do.”

“They've been telling me that I'd be in the same role as D.J. Monroe,” Wilson said. “But D.J. Monroe never gets the ball. They say that's going to change if they get me, so we'll see.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DE Torrodney Prevot who is going to be playing in the 2013 US Army All-American Bowl:

“Right now, things are level,” Prevot said Friday. “Schools have been coming by for our practices. TCU is coming by soon to watch practice. Tennessee is my most recent offer, but other schools have come by and are coming by that may offer.”

“I think we are going out to Florida this summer for the Miami (Fla.) and FSU camps. That’s in June. I’m not sure about any others yet,” he said.

“Texas A&M is sitting pretty high right now, but I’ve been researching more lately and I see they are getting more stacked," he said. "They have like five DE’s already, and one committed this year, but they are still pretty high with me. Texas is doing good with me. They don’t have as many DE’s right now because guys are leaving after this year, but they signed a few. I think Texas A&M is recruiting me harder than Texas right now.”

“LSU coaches have done a good job," he said. "Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and there are others. I’m developing a lot of good relationships.”

“I don’t have a list right now, but I’m getting closer to making a list," he said. "I’m thinking about committing after I take a few official visits.”

“I know I want to visit Oregon. I know I want to visit Texas and LSU too. I don’t know who the others will be,” he said.

“My uncle and my mom will be big in helping me make a decision," he said. "My uncle is handling all the business aspects, since I want to major in business management. He talks to the academic advisors and is seeing what program fits me the best. He’s helping me a lot. I really don’t know what a deciding factor will be right now though.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Robbie Rhodes (24/7):

“Recruiting has been going well for me,” said Rhodes. “We’ve had quite a few coaches visit recently. Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, Texas and some others I can’t remember have all stopped by over the past week or two weeks. It’s just been so hectic with track and everything, that it’s hard to keep up with it all really. But recruiting has picked up big time for sure.”

“Coach (Darrell) Wyatt has been the one in contact with me from Texas,” Rhodes said.

“They’ve (Texas) actually talked about offering,” Rhodes told Hookem.com. “I think I’d probably have to visit first before that happens, but it’s been discussed. Like I said, everything has just been so hectic that it’s been hard to keep up with it all. But I feel like I’d get one if I let them know I was serious, which I am.”

“He stopped by and watched me for a while. Texas has really begun to show a lot more interest in me and has been talking to me a lot lately. I’m going to try to visit here soon when I’m in Austin for track. I want to check them out.”

“Right now I’m sort of leaning toward Baylor to be honest,” explained Rhodes. “They’re my favorite at the moment and the school I’m considering the most. There are others there, of course, like Texas, but as of right now the Bears are the school I’m leaning the most to.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from WR Eldridge Massington (24/7):

“My coaches waited until after the track meet to tell me they're (Texas) coming on Monday,” Massington said. “They're going to watch me go through track practice and we're also going to run a few routes.”

“They'd have some work to do if they offered,” Massington said. “The main thing I'd want to know is why. Why wait until now to possibly offer me? That's what I'd really want to know.”

“I had gotten a few letters and things and they invited me to the spring game but that was about it,” Massington said. “I hadn't talked to the coaches or anything like that until this last week.”

"It's almost like I have to take two steps back with all of the schools coming at me,” Massington said. “There are supposed to be some more schools stopping by to see me soon, so it's about to get even crazier.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that the UT staff did not make it out to Trinity Valley CC last week to check on DT Quincy Russell. No reason was given but it's worth mentioning since that DT spot is up for grabs right now. Texas is supposed to go by SA Madison this week to see DT Vince Taylor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from CB Antwuan Davis who is headed to the state track meet after winning his region in the 100m with a 10.49 (24/7):

“I know Coach Akina does a great job of sending DBs to the NFL,” Davis said. “Even more than that, he's a go-get-it coach. He's always getting after it when he's coaching and I like that about him. He's always trying to get the most out of his players.”

“I hope there are a lot of Texas fans there (at the state track meet),” Davis said. “Hopefully there's a lot of support for me and hopefully I can put on a show.”

“I felt like I was on my way to a really good season when I got hurt,” Davis said. “I want it so bad right now.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent picture of ATH Kendall Sanders. Looks like Wylie's program has paid off so far:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two other former Longhorns signed deals over the weekend:

WR Brandon Collins to the NY Giants
    DB Ben Wells to the Washington Redskins

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Kenny Hill of Southlake Carroll committed to Texas A&M over the weekend. I think the Ags may getting more concerned that QB Kohl Stewart will go the baseball route.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...ny-Hill-125938

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Manny Diaz speaking tomorrow in Austin:

https://www.gahcc.org/Event-Info.111...x_calendar_pi1[f1]=3237&tx_calendar_pi1[f4]=1335844800&cHash=dc14908743f044e54d78f85ad8fe4ec7

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from DB Maurice Smith (24/7):

“I’m still narrowing it down,” Smith said. “Those were great offers to receive, and I’m going to evaluate them and by the time the season starts; I’ll probably have it down to a top 10 or top 5. Then I’ll go through the official visit process.”

“LSU, Alabama and Texas A&M is what I said. I’m not going to call them the favorites, or at the top, but they stand out," he said. "I’m really still evaluating all of the programs that have offered me, and there are still some places I want to see.”

“It was great (the visit to A&M). I noticed that they could use me at corner, and we got a chance to talk to the coaches and ask how they would use me,” he said.

"I’m trying to visit all the schools that I haven’t been to already," he said. "My parents have been trying to get me some dates that we can go places. Some people want me to go to camps, but we’ll see what happens. I like the Florida schools, so I may visit down there since they offered.”

“Yeah, I think they have slipped a little. Them being my dream school, I was thinking all Texas for a while," he said. "With other programs getting on me quicker, they have kind of opened my eyes to what all is out there and there is a bigger picture. Texas is behind, but I’m not going to say they are out or anything.”

“I’ve always wanted to play in that game. When they asked if I wanted to play, it was an easy decision," he said. "I’ll probably make my decision at the Under Armour game.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone else really confused by Smith? Says his "dream school" Texas is slipping possibly because they waited longer to offer even though he's one of two CBs in the picture and is a priority. Also says he likes the way Alabama gave him so much attention yet they've offered exactly 16 DBs other than him and that doesn't count their ATH offers. Kid contradicts himself a lot but it'll be fun to watch going forward.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A good point brought up by 24/7 on Smith is you wonder how hard UT is pushing for the DB class this year with 2014 being so loaded. They still think UT can get him if they really want him. Akina may not be sweating things too much if he feels there isn't a "must have" guy for 2013 and 2014 is filled with difference-makers. Just another scenario to think about.

Thread Information