Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To many fans are mesmerized by the fact that Diaz comes straight forward. This is bad striking movement. Condit countered with a textbook response: move out of the way and counter at angles. They could fight a hundred times and if Nick did not completely upgrade his attack Condit would win every time. Condit controlled the Octagon by using his opponents aggression against him.

Condit vs GSP is going to be infinitely better than Diaz vs GSP would have been. You can not keep moving forward against a high level wrestler like GSP without getting planted on your back. GSP would be ground and pounding Diaz for 20+ minutes in that fight. Not to say Carlos has much of a chance either, but he has a far better chance than Diaz does.

Post Count
    To many fans are mesmerized by the fact that Diaz comes straight forward. This is bad striking movement. Condit countered with a textbook response: move out of the way and counter at angles. They could fight a hundred times and if Nick did not completely upgrade his attack Condit would win every time. Condit controlled the Octagon by using his opponents aggression against him.

Condit vs GSP is going to be infinitely better than Diaz vs GSP would have been. You can not keep moving forward against a high level wrestler like GSP without getting planted on your back. GSP would be ground and pounding Diaz for 20+ minutes in that fight. Not to say Carlos has much of a chance either, but he has a far better chance than Diaz does.
    Completely disagree. Condit does not have the JJ that Diaz does as we saw late in the 5th round. Condit fought his ass off to avoid that choke and then was fighting off an arm-bar as the horn sounded. Diaz can deal better with GSP on the ground and his pressing attack could wear GSP down late in the fight. GSP will struggle more to do damage on the ground with Diaz then Condit. I pick GSP over either one and i admit to under-rating Diaz when he first came back to the UFC but I don't see anything Condit has for GSP in any area..

Condit defended against the choke and armbar attempt and reversed position finishing the round on top of Diaz. Carlos has a very good ground game including a nice bottom game. Diaz was beaten each time he faced a mediocre wrestler. He has shown nothing since losing three in a row to UFC wrestlers years ago that proves he can handle GSP. Honestly though, neither of their ground games is going to do squat against the the man with the best take downs and most controlling top game in the business. I think Condit gives GSP a better fight because of his superior movement in the standup, but that is about it.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree with dbreiden here.. Condit probably did enough to win the fight but it was disappointing seeing him turn his back to Nick and run away numerous times.

I would have given it to Diaz 48-47 but whatever. Disappointing fight.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree with dbreiden here.. Condit probably did enough to win the fight but it was disappointing seeing him turn his back to Nick and run away numerous times.

I would have given it to Diaz 48-47 but whatever. Disappointing fight.
    Interesting to see the two sides here. Some of us loved this fight because it was technical. Some of us hated it because it wasn't a slug-fest.

Oh well, the better fighter won.

he stood and threw bombs at Diaz PLENTY!!!!!!!! If Diaz was like any other fight and just relaxed for a second you wouldn't be talking like that

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    Diaz bros have always been overly emotional. Doubt he really wants to retire, just pissed off with the judges.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    Rogan and Goldberg have to start doing a better job calling the striking in fights. So often When someone throws dynamic strikes like a spinning elbow or backfist they rave about them throwing it even when it does not land. They did that 5 or 6 times last night when Condit threw those shots. None of them came close to landing..
    I don't watch MMA, but Rogan said Monday on his podcast that while he and Goldberg seem to have a great view, there is a lot of they miss because they are so close and bodies block a lot of what they see, and home viewers have a much, much better overall view. He also said he thought live that Condit won the fight, but after rewatching it at home he gave rounds 1,2, and 5 to Diaz. In addition, he thinks the people scoring the fight should be watching the broadcast not watching ringside.

Thread Information