Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are you a paparazzi? I answered your connundrums, read my posts and move on.

El Che has a full schedule, maybe boutons can help you out in your search for EVERY single influence in the US government...
    You answered nothing. Not in your own words, anyway. By implied assent to the characterizations of others, perhaps...

Your continued refusal to clarify your own comments in your own words or even to add any relevant examples of what you meant by "guys who run our government," is underscored by your phony asked and answered routine.

Are you rationing keystrokes, El Che? What's with the busy man routine? Are you ripping pages from WC's notebook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Are you rationing keystrokes, El Che? What's with the busy man routine? Are you ripping pages from WC's notebook?
    Huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretending to be too busy and important to unpack his own comments

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You answered nothing. Not in your own words, anyway. By implied assent to the characterizations of others, perhaps...

Your continued refusal to clarify your own comments in your own words or even to add any relevant examples of what you meant by "guys who run our government," is underscored by your phony asked and answered routine.

Those are 2 good examples. I'd add the Oil Industry into the mix for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which you're a big champion of here, if you hadn't noticed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    limiting yourself to one? ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no position taken wrt to Israel, the Jewish lobby, the MIC, etc..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or are we to take all that for granted?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    pretending to be too busy and important to unpack his own comments
    I usually elaborate when asked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm. sometimes.

I'd say you usually writhe like a snake under close questioning.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the dollar is ever removed from it's spot as the world reserve currency and people start paying for things in other currencies, it'll be the end of the dollar. The only thing that keeps it valuable throughout all the print and spend is the fact that there is still such a high demand for it in the world markets because everyone needs dollars to conduct business. The day that changes, game over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the dollar is ever removed from it's spot as the world reserve currency and people start paying for things in other currencies, it'll be the end of the dollar. The only thing that keeps it valuable throughout all the print and spend is the fact that there is still such a high demand for it in the world markets because everyone needs dollars to conduct business. The day that changes, game over.
    thus why it is a bubble.

and all bubbles burst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Bernanke

Grayson: All right. We actually looked at one of the arrangements and one of the arrangements is 9 billion dollars for New Zealand. That works out to $3000 for every single person who lives in New Zealand. Seriously, wouldn’t it have been better to extend that kind of credit to Americans than New Zealanders?

Bernake: It’s not costing Americans anything, we’re getting interest back and it comes back, not at the cost of any Amercian credit. We are extending credit to Americans, too.

Grayson: Well, wouldn’t it necessarily affect the credit markets if you extend half a trillon dollars in credit to anybody?

Bernake: We are lending to all US financial ins utions in exactly the same way.

Alan Grayson: Well, look at the next page, the very next page has the US dollar nominal exchange rate which shows a 20% increase in the US nominal exchange rate at exactly the same time that you were handing out a half a trillion dollars. You think that’s a coincidence?

Bernake: Yes.

Alan Grayson (Breaks out laughing at the sheer absurdity of Bernanke’s calculated refusal to acknoweldge the obvious no matter how obvious it is…).

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yep, at this point over-reliance on the dollar is having the same effect irrational exuberance has in creating a bubble. this "demand" for the dollar at this point is unnatural and due to distortion of the market. countries are already looking for alternatives and starting to "ween" themselves off of the dollar. i saw that someone recently purchased oil from iran in gold, can't remember who it was. more countries will start using other currencies and methods of payment as the dollar weakens. Just look at the futures markets right now for currency. the 1mo, 3mo, and 6mo forward rates all have the dollar depreciating against nearly every currency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 grand

http://www.usgoldbureau.com/products/1-kilo-gold-bars

Each bar contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of pure 24 karat gold.
    Kilo bars are an exceptionally convenient way of storing gold bullion. A 1 kilo bar is roughly the same size as an iPhone. If you're serious about owning raw gold, there's no better way to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gold might plummet back eventually. But first the dollar will plummet further down and faster.

What gets chuckles from me is to think that the dollar bubble will outlive the gold bubble.

but let's go ahead and keep believing Irani boogiemen will push the big red button as soon as it is installed in their console.
    A solid prediction. A dollar collapse before a gold collapse. Noted, logged, and thread subscribed to for later review.

Maybe you can tell me all about how hyperinflation is arriving, and help out poor Parker?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164863

Maybe you could flesh out the specifics of the "dollar bubble"?

If gold collapses before the dollar does, what will you say? "They" wanted it to happen that way?

As for the Iranian boogeyman, do you have any statements by any senior U.S. government official that we should go to war because of Iranian petrodollar policy?

Or, for that matter, any senior U.S. official at all that is actively urging war with Iran for any reason?

Big claims require more proof than some internet blogger say-so.

Pony up, conspiracy boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [b]Then there's China. Iran's energy resources are a matter of national security for China, as Iran already supplies no less than 15% of China's oil and natural gas. That makes Iran more important to China than Saudi Arabia is to the United States.
    Missing from this analysis is that Saudi Arabia provides more oil to China than Iran does.
    http://www.economist.com/node/21543567

Iranian actions to close the Straights of Hormuz are a rather blunt tool. Chinese shipments of oil from S.A. will be affected too.

Does the author note this fact? If not why not?

I would be willing to bet that the author was unaware of this fact. He also seems to be unaware of the fungibility of oil markets and the implication this has on the balance of global supply and demand.

This begs the question then, what else is missing from his analysis? Aside from any proof that Kahn was the target of a frame job because of this "petrodollar" stance, among others.

I find it highly amusing that political stability in the M.E. is now also China's problem. Welcome to the world stage, now help us solve the problem of the religious nutjobs running Iran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A solid prediction. A dollar collapse before a gold collapse. Noted, logged, and thread subscribed to for later review.

Maybe you can tell me all about how hyperinflation is arriving, and help out poor Parker?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164863

Maybe you could flesh out the specifics of the "dollar bubble"?

If gold collapses before the dollar does, what will you say? "They" wanted it to happen that way?
    How many times in the history of the world has gold collapsed?

on the other hand, how many times in the history of the world have currencies collapsed?

As for the Iranian boogeyman, do you have any statements by any senior U.S. government official that we should go to war because of Iranian petrodollar policy?

Or, for that matter, any senior U.S. official at all that is actively urging war with Iran for any reason?

Big claims require more proof than some internet blogger say-so.

Pony up, conspiracy boy.
    Last time we went to Iraq, ALL the senior U.S. government officials told us that Iraq had WMDs. well that was bull . Why would anything they say be taken as truth??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missing from this analysis is that Saudi Arabia provides more oil to China than Iran does.
    http://www.economist.com/node/21543567

Iranian actions to close the Straights of Hormuz are a rather blunt tool. Chinese shipments of oil from S.A. will be affected too.

Does the author note this fact? If not why not?

I would be willing to bet that the author was unaware of this fact. He also seems to be unaware of the fungibility of oil markets and the implication this has on the balance of global supply and demand.

This begs the question then, what else is missing from his analysis? Aside from any proof that Kahn was the target of a frame job because of this "petrodollar" stance, among others.

I find it highly amusing that political stability in the M.E. is now also China's problem. Welcome to the world stage, now help us solve the problem of the religious nutjobs running Iran.
    Iran won't close the straight. Don't believe the hype

The religious nutjobs being in Iran is thanks in BIG part to USA and Britain ing with their democracy in the 50s, then USA helped Saddam kill millions of Iranians. The people in Iran were driven to the extremes. We ed up, for the last 60 years and you want me to solve the problem in 1 thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't ask that you "solve" the problem.

I simply asked that you demonstrate a modi of critical thinking and answer a rather relevant question about the quality of the analysis presented.

You also seem to state rather flatly that Iran won't close the Straights of Hormuz.

What leads to you think that this course of action will be avoided by the Iranian government? I would like to see some evidence supporting this.

We have rather direct statements to that affect from senior military officials, military excercises aimed at precisely that, and specific development and/or purchase of anti-ship missles that would effect that goal.

I think that, at present, most of this is simple bluster, but this regime has consistantly proven itself capable of serious miscalculations, as well as being insulated from reality to some extent about a great many things.

Do you find it impossible that they might provoke a military response of some sort, for the sole purpose of providing their restless population a convenient foil and exterior enemy so that their people will be more willing to ignore the sheer incompetence and tyrannical nature of the Iranian government?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many times in the history of the world has gold collapsed?

on the other hand, how many times in the history of the world have currencies collapsed?

Last time we went to Iraq, ALL the senior U.S. government officials told us that Iraq had WMDs. well that was bull . Why would anything they say be taken as truth??
    So, you don't really have any evidence that any senior U.S. official is pushing for war with Iran because of their petrodollars policy.

You could have simply said no, it would have been much quicker.

Thread Information