Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the world stage, now help us solve the problem of the religious nutjobs running Iran.
    this is what you asked. And my answer is look at what the US and Western world has done to them in the past 60+ years first. My answer is it would take years of healing process for the Iranians to open up again. And keep closing them out and sanctioning them just gives the nutjobs a lot more power for the next few decades.

I think that, at present, most of this is simple bluster, but this regime has consistantly proven itself capable of serious miscalculations, as well as being insulated from reality to some extent about a great many things.
    are you talking about the Iranian regime or US regime? Cause your sentence applies to both equally in recent years.

Do you find it impossible that they might provoke a military response of some sort, for the sole purpose of providing their restless population a convenient foil and exterior enemy so that their people will be more willing to ignore the sheer incompetence and tyrannical nature of the Iranian government?
    about as possible as US attacking a country on bull pretenses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for gold/fiat collapses:

I don't know the definite answer to either question.

I do know the underlying premise you are trying to get at is illogical. Been there, seen it.

Go ahead and make the assertion though. You know you want to. BUWAHAHAHAHA.

When you do, and I point it out as being illogical, will you discard it, or simply ignore the fact that I have shown the reasoning faulty, and try some other copy/paste or dimly recalled saw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what you asked. And my answer is look at what the US and Western world has done to them in the past 60+ years first. My answer is it would take years of healing process for the Iranians to open up again. And keep closing them out and sanctioning them just gives the nutjobs a lot more power for the next few decades.
    Actually I was referring to China.

They get to be a rising power with all the good/bad that comes with it.

I agree that giving in to demonizing the Iranian regime to some extent reinforces its legitimacy.

That is one of the reasons I think normalizing relations with Cuba is a good idea, and why reaching out to Iran is a good way to f*** with the people in power over there.

At the same time, the Iranian regime leaders *are* religious nutjobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for gold/fiat collapses:

I don't know the definite answer to either question.

I do know the underlying premise you are trying to get at is illogical. Been there, seen it.

Go ahead and make the assertion though. You know you want to. BUWAHAHAHAHA.

When you do, and I point it out as being illogical, will you discard it, or simply ignore the fact that I have shown the reasoning faulty, and try some other copy/paste or dimly recalled saw?
    What is illogical and laughable is to think that you can keep printing money out of thin air and believe the bubble will not burst eventually. What is funnier is not see the writing on the walls regarding the petrodollar.

But oh well. Go ahead and eat up everything the "senior officials" are telling you. Even after Iraq people don't learn. Good luck to you my friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is illogical and laughable is to think that you can keep printing money out of thin air and believe the bubble will not burst eventually.

What is illogical and laughable is to think that human beings can ever fly. I mean people have been trying forever to do it and no one has done it yet. To think it might happen, and that we have advanced our understanding of flight to the point where heavier than air flight is possible is preposterous.

You keep believing that is possible, while those of us who know better get on with our lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Told you it was illogical, and essentially a trap.

Simply because some currencies have failed does not mean that the people managing our currency haven't advanced their understanding of such things to the point that we can avoid it.

Past peformance is no guarantee of future results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    X is a bad idea because X has failed the past.

If this is a logical statement, we should be able to reasonably fill in X, and expect it to generally hold true.

If one starts finding things that prove this to be counter to experience, then one can assume that things failing on the past don't directly imply automatic failure.

Not to say it can't happen, or never will, but if you want a logical basis to think it will, you must look elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But oh well. Go ahead and eat up everything the "senior officials" are telling you. Even after Iraq people don't learn. Good luck to you my friend.
    I apply the same sort of skeptical questioning to "senior officials", thank you very much.

*Your* problem is that you don't apply any skeptical questioning to things you already agree with, a hallmark of conspiracy theorists of all stripes.

You seem to be fairly bright and able to ask good questions. You should apply that to things you already believe as well. You will be surprised at the results, and how that improves your reasoning.

When you do, and you come to realize how ty some of the theories and ideas you are presenting here really are, you have my condolences. Everybody believes stupid at some point, so don't beat yourself up too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry to get you riled up comrade.

let's enjoy the game tonite!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to figure out why China would want to "destroy" or allow the "destruction" of the US dollar.

Perhaps che could explain their motives to me in detail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where in this thread have I claimed China wants to destroy the dollar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where in this thread have I claimed China wants to destroy the dollar?
    You have implied their complicity or acquiescence.

If you think they don't want it to happen, then in all likelihood it won't happen. That pretty much renders the thread moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have implied their complicity or acquiescence.

If you think they don't want it to happen, then in all likelihood it won't happen. That pretty much renders the thread moot.
    You don't think countries want independence from the allmighty dollar? Good for you. I unfortunately do, thus the point of the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think countries want independence from the allmighty dollar? Good for you. I unfortunately do, thus the point of the thread.
    So you do think China wants this to happen?

Yes or no.

Thread Information