My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those things CANNOT be a good idea.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-s...per-pac-2012-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It never was. The Citizens United decision will haunt us (common peasants) for a long, long time. Congress can do something about it, but the reality of the matter is that I suspect it will take a long time and a substantially large voter apathy to force that hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law is the law, has nothing to do with common sense, truth, or justice in MANY cases, such as this one.

Govern with consent of the people? GMAFB

The Repugs/VRWC have captured/packed SCOTUS and a whole list of lower federal judgeships, while blocking all Dem-proposed judges, that will Human-Americans for generations.

Even if Congress passed legislation to overturn C-U (the Senate Repugs would kill it anyway), the extreme activist SCOTUS would still rule such legislation unCons utional.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It never was. The Citizens United decision will haunt us (common peasants) for a long, long time. Congress can do something about it, but the reality of the matter is that I suspect it will take a long time and a substantially large voter apathy to force that hand.
    Why?

Because it balances things out from all the groups the democrats would raise money from?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

Because it balances things out from all the groups the democrats would raise money from?
    why does it not surprise me that you do not see the harm this is going to cause..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    why does it not surprise me that you do not see the harm this is going to cause..
    I didn't say it isn't harmful. These huge organizations contributing to democrats are harmful. Union contributions into politics is harmful. I'm only saying this balances this out to where the democrats don't have the upper hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "These huge organizations contributing to democrats are harmful."

That was never a problem, because it was in the open.

It's a problem for you and Repugs because it was giving to Dems.

C-U allows unlimited and secret, obscured donations, money as "free speech".

Thread Information