View Poll Results: Trade Tony for Dwight?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

91 70.00%
  • No

22 16.92%
  • Hell no!

17 13.08%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a good question for those who think this is a no brainer. How much better would the Spurs be after this trade than the 2009 Magic who went to the finals and lost? My memory of that team is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall them having a few decent players on the roster. I believe Jameer Nelson was even an All Star that year. Granted the Spurs have a better coach and system, but I'm curious to know if people think this roster would be that much better than the Magic roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this trade doesnt make sense if we dont get a pg back, means we have to go look for a new one in the draft, or sign vet like ford, or hopefully CJ pans out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a good question for those who think this is a no brainer. How much better would the Spurs be after this trade than the 2009 Magic who went to the finals and lost? My memory of that team is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall them having a few decent players on the roster. I believe Jameer Nelson was even an All Star that year. Granted the Spurs have a better coach and system, but I'm curious to know if people think this roster would be that much better than the Magic roster.
    Yes. We have Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jameer was injured and Rafer Alston led the team for a while (and did well). I think the fact they bring back Nelson and bench Alston in the Finals is what hurt them tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this trade doesnt make sense if we dont get a pg back, means we have to go look for a new one in the draft, or sign vet like ford, or hopefully CJ pans out
    No.

If you had that front court, PGs would be lining up for the MLE to play here.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had that front court, PGs would be lining up for the MLE to play here.
    The same guys who've been lining up to play in Orlando?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always trade a top PG for a top big. in this case it's a top 5 PG for the best big in the game. so... no brainer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This CoM vs. CoP stuff is reminiscent of the shaq/Kobe stuff.

Good thing it's only your fans and not the players that have beef, that was an ugly time as Laker fan. by the time we won the third leg of the 3 peat, that team wa sno fun to watch. Good for you guys Parker, Manu, duncan and Pop are more loyal to each other, than your fanbase ...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all greys. I was the first one to vote and I put yes.
    Grey is not necessarily limited to the color of the name. There are black named fans who bring the grey takes...and vice versa.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Grey is not necessarily limited to the color of the name. There are black named fans who bring the grey takes...and vice versa.
    This. Obstructed_View for example has a black name and almost 30,000 posts while he's as grey as they come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good thing it's only your fans and not the players that have beef, that was an ugly time as Laker fan. by the time we won the third leg of the 3 peat, that team wa sno fun to watch. Good for you guys Parker, Manu, duncan and Pop are more loyal to each other, than your fanbase ...
    Exactly. Frankly, the fun is baiting grays on it.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Stacks on stacks.... on stacks

Stack city,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk is so racist they even judge you by the color of your ing name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In all honesty I do think the actual CoM vs. CoP stuff is just for the ST folklore... I don't believe that there is anymore somebody wishing a spurs loss just to demonstrate a point when one of the two is missing except maybe uru and ElNono and lefty but nobody is taking lefty seriously anyway

and I don't think there is such a thing like the CoP: never saw a so called CoP member not liking/loving Manu except ducks. CoM would say it is the ultimate proof Manu superiority

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jameer was injured and Rafer Alston led the team for a while (and did well). I think the fact they bring back Nelson and bench Alston in the Finals is what hurt them tbh.
    Alston was playing well. They should have stuck with what worked. Jameer was thrust into the lineup too quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same guys who've been lining up to play in Orlando?
    Because Orlando has Tim Duncan, Howard and Splitter.

Makes sense.

silverblk mystix
    " NO! Matty would lose too many minutes and Dwight does not spread the floor, ...morons!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and so phobic they judge you on the gayness of your posts. You specifically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a heartbeat. If it was even just a rental there is no doubt in my mind the Spurs would win the le this year with Dwight. Between Tim, Dwight, and Splitter we would have the best bigs in the NBA. Add in Manu, Neal, Leonard, and Green and I see not team that would take us down. Imagine your starting lineup, C Howard, PF Duncan, F Leonard, G Manu, G Neal or Green.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corey Joseph starting for the NBA champs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under this cir stances (not knowing if Dwight will sign for us next season, Tony playing borderline MVP, not having a reliable PG after Tony on the squad, etc.) I wouldn't, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corey Joseph starting for the NBA champs.
    we all seen what he can do in charity minutes...lmao

throwing more starters minutes to him, would that improve his game??

if d12 is complaining about his current team mates in orlando, what will he complain with when his starting pg is corey joseph?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I knew Dwight would stay and give it his all, yes. If he's gonna continue to mail it in here like he's doing in Orlando and jet in the off-season, nah.
    , I don't care if he's half assing it. I'll take 20/15 with awesome D. Timmy and Manu can be the ballsy finishers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you implying we have a PG?

Thread Information