Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And unless they figure out how to keep the N out of the H combustion chamber then you are dumping nitric and other highly caustic acids as exhaust. There is no catalytic converter for that and H burns so hot that N will oxidize too.

Great for space use but useless for earth bound activities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    benny johnson digging up 2010 videos for a failed gotcha
    It's been good bait for a decade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once they perfect the sodium solid state batteries or a similar tech then electric vehicles will destroy ICE.
    Poors just need to suck it up until then. lol poors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been good bait for a decade
    Great bait! You baited EN and SR21 to mocking you!

You seem to derive pleasure out of being humiliated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poors just need to suck it up until then. lol poors.
    Are you a child? It's an emerging tech. Your political party preference obstructs anything that subsidizes EV industry and then turn around and hand wave at high prices.

MY point was that last Spring they found how to structure the solid Na batt such that they did not degrade and brittle up as they were charged and uncharged. It's at twice the energy density as Li at a similar development point. No dendrites. No arcing across the membrane or the other pitfall of liquid state batts.

Your corporate overlords ship is sinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole NC Repug bags block "free" EV charging, UNLESS gasoline is also free.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tldw - The Lightning is a really nice truck for people who don't really need a truck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is noq so much battery research everywhere.

Today's EV batteries will be replaced by one or more new tech batteries

A Researcher Just Accidentally Developed A Battery That Could Last A Lifetime

invented a nanowire-based battery that can be recharged hundreds of thousands of times, a significant leap towards a battery that doesn’t require replacing.

charged and discharged the battery up to 200,000 times without breaking the nanowires and without loss of capacity.

https://www.iflscience.com/new-battery-can-be-recharged-hundreds-thousands-times-35244

Same with hydrogen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A family in Florida drove into a major problem after buying a used electric vehicle: the replacement battery for their dead car wound up costing more than the used car was purchased for.

Avery Siwinski is a 17-year-old whose parents spent $11,000 on a used Ford Focus Electric car, which is a 2014 model and had about 60,000 miles when it was bought, according to KVUE.

The teenager had the car for six months before it began giving her issues and the dashboard was flashing symbols.

"It was fine at first," Siwinski said. "I loved it so much. It was small and quiet and cute. And all the sudden it stopped working."

She told the news outlet that the car stopped running after taking it to a repair shop, and the family eventually found out that the car's battery would need to be replaced.

The problem? A battery for the electric car costs $14,000, according to the news outlet.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

tldw - The Lightning is a really nice truck for people who don't really need a truck
    99% of truck owners don’t really need a truck. If you’re in that 99% who just want a peen extender, then the Lightning is a great option. If you’re one of the tiny few that have to do a lot of long range towing, then don’t buy it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan auto giant Ford is planning on laying off up to 8,000 workers to help the company fund its electric vehicle (EV) projects, according to a Wednesday report from Bloomberg.

The cuts, though still pending, are expected to be implemented in the coming weeks and will affect salaried workers, as well as the automaker's new Ford Blue unit that was created in March to oversee internal combustion engine operations, Bloomberg reported.

"To deliver our Ford+ transformation and lead this exciting and disruptive new era of electric and connected vehicles, we remain focused on reshaping our work and modernizing our organization across all automotive business units and across the company," Ford spokesman T.R. Reid said, adding, "As part of this, we have laid out clear targets to lower our cost structure to ensure we are lean and fully compe ive with the best in the industry."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan auto giant Ford is planning on laying off up to 8,000 workers to help the company fund its electric vehicle (EV) projects, according to a Wednesday report from Bloomberg.

The cuts, though still pending, are expected to be implemented in the coming weeks and will affect salaried workers, as well as the automaker's new Ford Blue unit that was created in March to oversee internal combustion engine operations, Bloomberg reported.

"To deliver our Ford+ transformation and lead this exciting and disruptive new era of electric and connected vehicles, we remain focused on reshaping our work and modernizing our organization across all automotive business units and across the company," Ford spokesman T.R. Reid said, adding, "As part of this, we have laid out clear targets to lower our cost structure to ensure we are lean and fully compe ive with the best in the industry."
    are you anti-business? why do you hate capitalism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ST right wingers clutching their pearls at the plight of labor and the working man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ST right wingers clutching their pearls at the plight of labor and the working man
    The hiring freezes and planned layoffs are building lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Battery tech, esp non-Li battery tech, is making big leaps in labs across the planet, one or more will kill Li batteries

US tax dollars investing the future:

Breakthrough battery technology able

to charge average EV battery in just 10 minutes

A project funded in part by the Defense Department, Energy Department, and other federal agencies

sure looks like it was worth the money.

Researchers were able to develop a charging device that can recharge a standard electric vehicle battery in just 10 minutes.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/10/12/2128361/-Breakthrough-battery-technology-able-to-charge-average-EV-battery-in-just-10-minutes

anybody working or shilling for criminal BigFossil is equally guilty.

Thread Information