Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001 Seattle Mariners AL 116 46 .716 Lost 2001 ALCS

I know the season just started..but is it possible? The best record in MLB history in a 162 game season? This team looks incredibly dominant.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish is looking pretty damn good. I don't think he's settled in just yet though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish is looking pretty damn good. I don't think he's settled in just yet though.
    God no he hasn't. He still has a LOT of work to do on his command. But a good outing for the amount of pitches he threw, and considering the fact that they get about 6 days off in Japan. They'll mold him well. We know how good Texas is with pitchers.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Darvish is getting better every game but he still has got to start lowering his walk totals. At least four every start is not gonna cut it. I'd rather he get hit for single after single than give them a free pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish is getting better every game but he still has got to start lowering his walk totals. At least four every start is not gonna cut it. I'd rather he get hit for single after single than give them a free pass.
    yep...I'm sure he'll be fine..he's pitching a lot more than he's used to right now, and they need to work on his command. Give it a little more time.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Missed the game tonight cuz I play ball on Thursdays. Sucks I didn't get a chance to watch Darvish. Wasn't all that excited about Wilk as the starter anyway, a soft tossing minor leaguer against the power right handed bats of Texas. And looks from the boxscore Schlereth the bed again. Tigers need Fister to get back asap. But I heard his progress hasn't been promising so far. Hopefully the next couple games go better for the Tigers. Rangers stay crazy hot for the start of the year. Cheers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rangers look all kinds of nasty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed the game tonight cuz I play ball on Thursdays. Sucks I didn't get a chance to watch Darvish. Wasn't all that excited about Wilk as the starter anyway, a soft tossing minor leaguer against the power right handed bats of Texas. And looks from the boxscore Schlereth the bed again. Tigers need Fister to get back asap. But I heard his progress hasn't been promising so far. Hopefully the next couple games go better for the Tigers. Rangers stay crazy hot for the start of the year. Cheers.
    Gracias, sir...gracious in victory, gracious in defeat. I'm sure they'll bounce back tomorrow.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2001 Seattle Mariners AL 116 46 .716 Lost 2001 ALCS

I know the season just started..but is it possible? The best record in MLB history in a 162 game season? This team looks incredibly dominant.
    If they were to somehow stay fully healthy, then MAYYYYYYYYYYYBE they could get fortunate and challenge it. Considering all the injuries they faced last year, and still won 96 is something to definitely feel good over.

But chances of them having such minimal injuries? Slim to none when you have guys like Hamilton, Kinsler, Cruz, and Beltre as 4 of your top 5 players, who all seem injury prone.

100 wins definitely is more than possible though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were to somehow stay fully healthy, then MAYYYYYYYYYYYBE they could get fortunate and challenge it. Considering all the injuries they faced last year, and still won 96 is something to definitely feel good over.

But chances of them having such minimal injuries? Slim to none when you have guys like Hamilton, Kinsler, Cruz, and Beltre as 4 of your top 5 players, who all seem injury prone.

100 wins definitely is more than possible though.
    I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself..just a little overexcited.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    in terms of talent and having a stacked roster with minimal holes, this team is as complete and talented of a team as you will see. about the only "holes" this team has is lack of experience in a few players (and maybe Joe Nathan but its too early to say that), but i think they are very minor holes that are quite easy to overcome. They still have a loaded lineup that doesn't have a single easy out (and 3 hitters who would likely be #1 hitters on quite a few teams in the MLB, between Hamilton, Napoli, and Beltre, and even an argument for Kinsler and Cruz on some teams), and they have 3 playoff and WS tested starting pitchers as well as a loaded bullpen.

There really isn't much to NOT like about this team, in terms of how much success they should have.

Honestly IMO, barring injuries, there is no reason they shouldn't win the World Series this year. Anything less, is a MASSIVE disappointment. It was a massive disappointment that they lost last year, and they are definitely a superior team this year with the added experience (particularly in the pitching staff).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in terms of talent and having a stacked roster with minimal holes, this team is as complete and talented of a team as you will see. about the only "holes" this team has is lack of experience in a few players (and maybe Joe Nathan but its too early to say that), but i think they are very minor holes that are quite easy to overcome. They still have a loaded lineup that doesn't have a single easy out (and 3 hitters who would likely be #1 hitters on quite a few teams in the MLB, between Hamilton, Napoli, and Beltre, and even an argument for Kinsler and Cruz on some teams), and they have 3 playoff and WS tested starting pitchers as well as a loaded bullpen.

There really isn't much to NOT like about this team, in terms of how much success they should have.

Honestly IMO, barring injuries, there is no reason they shouldn't win the World Series this year. Anything less, is a MASSIVE disappointment. It was a massive disappointment that they lost last year, and they are definitely a superior team this year with the added experience (particularly in the pitching staff).
    Agree 100%...this team should have been given their WS championship rings this year, but made a few mistakes, and let it fall between their fingers. They won't let it happen again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ranger Poster i salute your start.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I have no doubt that Scoscia will get the MultiAngels back on track

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stretch with the homer goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stretch with the homer goods
    Homer? Have you sat down and watched a full Rangers game yet this year? They're beyond ridiculous right now. If they stay at this pace, they could definitely reach 100 wins.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    didn't even know we were playing this early. crofl we're up 8-0 in the 1st inning

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for Hamilton's day game struggles.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This team is scary good right now..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rangers scored 8 runs in the first against the Tigers and there wasn't a single visit to Porcello on the mound by the pitching coach or manager. And he started the 2nd and proceeded to continue to get knocked around before finally getting pulled.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Detroit should forfeit this game so we can start the next one already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn what a killing. Beltre made me nervous grabbin that hammy earlier.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you ever need to give up a HR in the late innings, just put in Uehara.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Napoli...again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did BUMP get banned?

Thread Information