Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the media gots who get to vote do not have a clue.
    Still, is Trout doing so well they virtually will have to vote him in?

No player -- any age, any tenure -- has combined a .340 batting average with 20 homers and 40 stolen bases in a single season.
    And that's missing a month of the season.

Trout -- at 21 years, 21 days old -- the first rookie and youngest player to amass 25 homers and 40 stolen bases in a single season.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    depends, did you that whale gf of yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't aware his stats were that good but if those are true he has to be up there

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    When his team is 3rd in its division I wouldn't count on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his team is 3rd in its division I wouldn't count on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How valuable are you when your team is 9 games out in your division?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How valuable are you when your team is 9 games out in your division?
    they'd be 25 games out if he was not in the lineup?

Will/would the eventual winner of the MVP (if not Trout) have the Skosha Angels doing any better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely the argument behind an amazing player in a team is redundant. Isn't it Most Valuable Player full stop. Didn't think it was MVP on a good team. Well I know that's how they judge it but its wrong

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    how's that pujols and CJ pickup working out for you?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    laugh all you want at the CJ Wilson deal, but for how Pujols started and having the most (tied with Trout) HRs since July 1st it's looking better than it initially did. at .285/.346/.538 from the point where the boos were consistent is just fine. The pitching/bullpen is responsible for the horrid position the Angels are in.

As for Trout--it will be hard for many people to vote him MVP, but he has been the one constant for the Angels all year. No one on a team that wasn't playoff bound has won it since A-Rod in 2002 (Coincidentally, the year the Angels won its first and only WS). Matt Kemp should've won the MVP last year but the Doyers were not a winning team and well, the fact that Ryan Braun was juicin' made things even more suspect. Will he win it? I don't know--but he deserves a hard look and hopefully he will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets put it this way:

Name one player on any MLB team which said team would NOT trade straight up for Trout.

End of story.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rangers fans really can't make the "his team isn't winning enough" argument when A-Rod won the MVP as Texas finished dead last in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets put it this way:

Name one player on any MLB team which said team would NOT trade straight up for Trout.

End of story.
    Justin Verlander
    Felix Hernandez
    Matt Kemp
    Miguel Cabrera
    Adrian Gonazales

There's a lot more, but you get the point.

Put Trout on a bad team like the Astros and they probably won't be .500. It also helps when you have Albert Pujols batting behind you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Verlander
    Felix Hernandez
    Matt Kemp
    Miguel Cabrera
    Adrian Gonazales

Put Trout on a bad team like the Astros and they probably won't be .500. It also helps when you have Albert Pujols batting behind you.
    lol...this guy would rather have Adrian Gonzalez then a 21 year old Mike Trout. Good thing you arnt the GM for the Rangers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol...this guy would rather have Adrian Gonzalez then a 21 year old Mike Trout. Good thing you arnt the GM for the Rangers.
    Mike Trout hasn't proven anything, it's his rookie year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Justin Verlander
    Felix Hernandez
    Matt Kemp
    Miguel Cabrera
    Adrian Gonazales

Could probably add names like Andrew McCutchen, Joey Votto, Robbie Cano and Stephen Strasburg too. There might be an argument teams would trade those players straight up for Trout because of his age and being under control for several years. But based on talent, which is more about his value, theres several players teams wouldnt trade straight up for Trout. Trout should get some serious mvp consideration but its not a runaway yet and if the Angels miss the playoffs that wont help him.

And Id agree with Gonzalez because of what the Dodgers already have. They have a mvp type CF already in Kemp and their outfield is full with Ethier and Crawford. Trout is a right handed leadoff outfielder and Gonzalez is a lefty middle of the lineup run producing 1B. Dodgers wouldnt trade him straight up for Trout because it doesnt make sense for their lineup.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, no due to the age factor as mentioned before and the fact that he hasn't even began to harness the talent he has into a more veteran existence in the league; there are very few you'd trade straight up and I'm certain everyone outside would select him if they had the chance (esp. the 21 teams that passed over him in the draft...)

Funny thing is: If both the Angels and Tigers miss out on the playoffs it will most certainly still be awarded to a non-playoff team. It is a distinct possibility with the Rays, Orioles and A's ahead of both the Tigers and Angels. Who knows how it'll play out but it should be an interesting conclusion to say the least.
    Last edited by The Gemini Method; 08-31-2012 at 05:10 PM.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^its true....the only real MVP candidates imo is Miggy and Kid Fish. If both Detroit and the Angels miss the playoffs and someone else gets it....might aswell change the le to "MVP of a playoff team" since last year will also prove that with Kemp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Trout hasn't proven anything, it's his rookie year.
    Elias made two other remarkable comparisons: Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson (1985) is the only other player in Major League history to reach minimums of .350, 15 homers and 30 steals before Aug. 1. Trout is also the first rookie to reach at least 80 runs scored and 55 RBIs in 81 games since Joe DiMaggio (87, 83) in 1936.

Currently at 110 runs scored in 116 games.
    Oh and another dinger for 26 on the year.

He's surely get 30 HRs and 50 stolen bases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers fans really can't make the "his team isn't winning enough" argument when A-Rod won the MVP as Texas finished dead last in the West.
    monoslob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elias made two other remarkable comparisons: Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson (1985) is the only other player in Major League history to reach minimums of .350, 15 homers and 30 steals before Aug. 1. Trout is also the first rookie to reach at least 80 runs scored and 55 RBIs in 81 games since Joe DiMaggio (87, 83) in 1936.

Currently at 110 runs scored in 116 games.
    Oh and another dinger for 26 on the year.

He's surely get 30 HRs and 50 stolen bases.
    Mike Trout is a good player, maybe even a great one. Maybe he deserves MVP because of his stats, but realistically Migs is going to win regardless. If Trout puts up the same numbers next year when pitchers have him scouted then you can throw him in there.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mike Trout is a good player, maybe even a great one. Maybe he deserves MVP because of his stats, but realistically Migs is going to win regardless. If Trout puts up the same numbers next year when pitchers have him scouted then you can throw him in there.
    LOL...MIKE TROUT with 2 lead off homers against Migs and the Tigers...sweeping the Tigers.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Hamilton or Cabrera nobody else should be in a conversation for MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamilton or Cabrera nobody else should be in a conversation for MVP.
    Defense gonna count in this too or just one side of the ball?

Because neither one of them surpasses Trout on O. More homers for Hamilton? Okay, more runs scored for Trout. (On fewer at bats too).

With Trout missing a month, I'll bet his HRs/per at bat are equal to those two.
    All three are coached by below ave coaches, but Fathead takes the cake by far.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think the MVP is Cabrera's to lose now

Thread Information