Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Taylor? He's pretty good, imo.

What does that have to do with CC in Dallas?
    Because he was a golden child in the Dallas office and they were afraid they were going to lose him so they gave him the gig here rather than consider what this market wants. He does the Spurs pregame shows solo and hes a Mavs fan. Its a ing travesty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think so?
    I think he's funny and on target enough to listen to.

Best local sports radio show since the Thomson Bros, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's funny and on target enough to listen to.

Best local sports radio show since the Thomson Bros, imo
    Well you must be a Cowboys ffan because thats all he talks about and hes been very fond of reminding Spurs fans that the Spurs window is closed.

And you like that redneck schtick hes got going on? that.

Thats besides the point though. You do not have a fan of the home teams biggest in state rivals do teh teams pregame shows or the react shows. Its wrong and what about the fans in San Antonio that are Spurs fans and not Dallas fans; I guess them too?

I don't like the guy but the ones i really despise are the production managers. Its disrespectful to a city to do that. I would be like getting an Eagles fan to take the place of Norm Hitzges in Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he was a golden child in the Dallas office and they were afraid they were going to lose him so they gave him the gig here rather than consider what this market wants. He does the Spurs pregame shows solo and hes a Mavs fan. Its a ing travesty.
    I'm not sure what you believe the market here wants that he doesn't talk about. I know he was on ESPN radio in Dallas. Is the station up there owned by clear channel?

I also think his fandom of the Mavericks is overblown. He's clearly a knowledgeable, respectful fan of the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you must be a Cowboys ffan because thats all he talks about and hes been very fond of reminding Spurs fans that the Spurs window is closed.
    I've got him on right now. I'll tell you what he talks about this hour.

Thats besides the point though. You do not have a fan of the home teams biggest in state rivals do teh teams pregame shows or the react shows. Its wrong and what about the fans in San Antonio that are Spurs fans and not Dallas fans; I guess them too?

I don't like the guy but the ones i really despise are the production managers. Its disrespectful to a city to do that. I would be like getting an Eagles fan to take the place of Norm Hitzges in Dallas.
    So you're saying he talks maverick basketball during the pre-game and re-act?

I've never heard him do that. Wasn't aware.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got him on right now. I'll tell you what he talks about this hour.
    ....watching Peyton Manning thing....wondering how the Tim Duncan thing will play out...

....a quick quip about Linsanity being almost over.......mentioned people have been rightly criticized for making fun of Asian, but it's still open season on making fun of the Mexicans....

....said will talk Texas Rangers later and Yu Darvish (sp?)

.....later will be the "people I want to punch" segment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....now he's discussing the Alamo Heights v Edison (high school basketball) incident.......rumor is that the Edison kids were shouting "Alamo Whites" before the game.......it's been confirmed that 5 A.H. players were shouting "u.s.a.......u.s.a" after the game.

These kids have been suspended for the next round in the playoffs and the coach and superintendent have both publicly apologized, but the SAISD superintendent wants the UIL to take it further....

Good discussion, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he mentioned the Spurs playing the Knicks tonight or did he just talk about Lin? All i see is that there is a Spurs game tonight and he has yet to talk about it.

its nice to see he will talk about Dallas baseball later though. gmfb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....now he's discussing the Alamo Heights v Edison (high school basketball) incident.......rumor is that the Edison kids were shouting "Alamo Whites" before the game.......it's been confirmed that 5 A.H. players were shouting "u.s.a.......u.s.a" after the game.

These kids have been suspended for the next round in the playoffs and the coach and superintendent have both publicly apologized, but the SAISD superintendent wants the UIL to take it further....

Good discussion, imo.

in Alamo Heights snobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he mentioned the Spurs playing the Knicks tonight or did he just talk about Lin? All i see is that there is a Spurs game tonight and he has yet to talk about it.

its nice to see he will talk about Dallas baseball later though. gmfb.
    I figure that was why he mentioned Lin to begin with.

To each his own, but if it's going to be 3 hours of Spur pre game prep, I'm putting music on after 10 minutes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good discussion, imo.
    Oh , the players would have been fine if they had just left this up to the people in the crowd.

Too bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure that was why he mentioned Lin to begin with.

To each his own, but if it's going to be 3 hours of Spur pre game prep, I'm putting music on after 10 minutes.
    Lets be clear then you did not actually hear him talk about the Spurs at all?

He doesn't talk Mavs but he does downplay the Spurs, predicts failure and almost exclusively talks DFW sports.

He is not a San Antonio sportscaster. Hes a Dallas sportscaster. i wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for him doing the game shows too.

I will continue my boycott of all things clear channel. You go for the stupid red neck from Dallas schtick. Its typical good ole boys nonsense in S Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....just got finished talking about how Duncan has done more for SA than Manning for Indy community

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....now he's talking about the knicks limping into the ATT center........Linsanity is done......Carmelo may have had worst game of his career last night against mavs.....Knick front office is player personnel dumb.....

...I'm done listening for the day due to external reasons, but I thought it was an entertaining San Antonio related show with no mention of the Mavericks other than the Knicks losing to them last night.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the segment talking about Lin coming to San Antonio. i figured that I would give him a listen as i went to go pick up some Chinese food for the fam.

What he said was that the Spurs would not like it because they want people to come to the game but Lin was done. He based that on their performance against the Mavericks. He said that two weeks ago against the Mavs, he had 14 assists but the Mavs keyed their defense on him this time around and he only had 7.

In short in talking about the upcoming Spurs game against the Knicks he talked more about the Dallas ing Mavericks. To make matters worse he was telling people more or less that it was not worth going to the game.

Its a travesty.

The next bit was him talking about some girl that he was not going to let his daughters watch on TV because she has an eating disorder and cuts herself and then went on and on about how he didn't sympathize for her at all and made comments about how she should just shoot herself. it was the typical redneck bull with that asinine pseudo drawl emphasized as he is prone to do. i turned it off after that and my Galaxy is plugged back in for good.

The entire time i am sitting their thinking that those daughters are from his ex-wife and rather then worrying about the TV he should be more concerned about how he himself is a role model by cheating on their mother with a coworker and then proceeding to try and assuage legal costs by endorsing his attorneys on the radio. This entire town knows the big old he took in public and hes worried about somebody on the Disney Channel? Oh and lets bring them up on the air. Thats real smart.

He is a straight up insult to this town. Yeah dont bother coming to the game because the Mavs already beat Lin and btw heres how you should raise your daughters because I should know after shacking up with coworkers while i am at work and the whole public knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush Limbaugh never thought he'd be reduced to filling his show with free PSA's instead of paid ads. Today he did just that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Carl Levin says the Armed Forces Network should drop Rush Limbaugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the segment talking about Lin coming to San Antonio. i figured that I would give him a listen as i went to go pick up some Chinese food for the fam.

What he said was that the Spurs would not like it because they want people to come to the game but Lin was done. He based that on their performance against the Mavericks. He said that two weeks ago against the Mavs, he had 14 assists but the Mavs keyed their defense on him this time around and he only had 7.

In short in talking about the upcoming Spurs game against the Knicks he talked more about the Dallas ing Mavericks. To make matters worse he was telling people more or less that it was not worth going to the game.

Its a travesty.

The next bit was him talking about some girl that he was not going to let his daughters watch on TV because she has an eating disorder and cuts herself and then went on and on about how he didn't sympathize for her at all and made comments about how she should just shoot herself. it was the typical redneck bull with that asinine pseudo drawl emphasized as he is prone to do. i turned it off after that and my Galaxy is plugged back in for good.

The entire time i am sitting their thinking that those daughters are from his ex-wife and rather then worrying about the TV he should be more concerned about how he himself is a role model by cheating on their mother with a coworker and then proceeding to try and assuage legal costs by endorsing his attorneys on the radio. This entire town knows the big old he took in public and hes worried about somebody on the Disney Channel? Oh and lets bring them up on the air. Thats real smart.

He is a straight up insult to this town. Yeah dont bother coming to the game because the Mavs already beat Lin and btw heres how you should raise your daughters because I should know after shacking up with coworkers while i am at work and the whole public knows.
    Boycott!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had already made my choice. i had long ago decided CC would not get my fare after they brought him here several years ago. I try and keep an open mind though and you said that you liked it so i decided to give it another shot. Do you disagree with anything that I said or are you just going to leave it at that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the guy who does halftime on WOAI? That guy is freaking horrible. He has no cadence to his speech.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the guy who does halftime on WOAI? That guy is freaking horrible. He has no cadence to his speech.
    i don't know Clear Channel does those broadcasts and i do not listen to them. I DVR that .

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why doesn't Rush just get off public radio and go to satellite radio? If he did that, then no one could because you can do whatever the you want on satellite radio because it's not free radio. It's private.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already blew their money on Stern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush Limbaugh never thought he'd be reduced to filling his show with free PSA's instead of paid ads. Today he did just that.
    40 or so sponsors have withdrawn and two affiliates have dropped the show that I've heard of, and that was as of yesterday afternoon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already blew their money on Stern.
    $200 mil or something like that

Thread Information