Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "how that is a hero"

straw woman. Your words, not mine.

She's not a hero, but it does take more balls than most people, esp less right-wingers, to want to go before Congress.

She didn't ask to be slandered by Limp , for like 4 days now. Her fame was totally created by Limp , not herself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The One Percenters love the culture wars - what an excellent distraction from the class war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why should a college pay for their students medical ? When I went to college, I was responsible for that myself.
    Student-paid health insurance plan.

For all students, good health is essential to achieving educational goals. Because maintaining good health requires access to health care when you need it, Georgetown University requires the students described below to have health insurance.

•Most students who are charged Georgetown University tuition and registered in resident thesis research or registered for nine or more credit hours in a GU degree program (eight or more credit hours if a law or graduate student) are eligible and required to enroll in the most comprehensive student injury and sickness plan offered through the University, unless their other insurance coverage meets specific University requirements.

A charge for this Premier Plan is placed on eligible students' accounts, per their registration status referenced above, once per Academic Year.
    Students are required to pay for the university program unless their own insurance through either their parents, spouse, job... meets certain requirements set by the university.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been the leading conservative voice of the last three decades. A demagogue that directs political will is not my preference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush's big ally: The army
    A government-funded radio station beams Limbaugh to service members around the globe

One of Rush's biggest enablers has so far escaped attention: the Armed Forces Network. For years, Limbaugh's show has been beamed around the globe to service members, military support staff and families. Other attempts have been made to remove him from that network and have failed.

In his more customized attacks on Fluke, it's easy to overlook the fact that Limbaugh has a two-decade long track record of classifying women as inferior goods. This is the man who coined the term "Feminazi," who once stated that "feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream." In Rush World, most women are either babes, s or s. They're cunning and manipulative or whiny and weak. There's not much middle ground.

So the question becomes: does Limbaugh's brand of misogyny really have a place on government-funded airwaves? Particularly when it's beamed to a military where some 30% of American servicewomen are sexually assaulted by fellow soldiers at some point in their deployment? Does he foster a view of women and their role in society that allows our servicewomen to be seen by fellow soldiers as comrades and equals?

- more -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chapter 1: Why I Hate 90% of Black People, Including Surgeons
    Chapter 2: The Pussification of America: Why I Would Bring My Rifle to the Border to Shoot Mexican Women and Children
    Chapter 3: The Libertarian Guide to Government Mandated Tubal Ligation
    Chapter 4: Flag Lots

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rush has been married four times, I doubt he respects women for the most part but for him to apologize for calling the women a is a start. I do believe him to a point when he blames liberals for his comment. Politics is a dirty business as you all know and Rush is on a big stage trying to keep up. Time will tell if Rush has learned his lesson here.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything else, taker?
    Nothing else needed. She's a better person than you could ever hope to be.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Anyone ever notice how the left makes sure there is national attention when one of their own is called a name that has a small measure of truth, but will continually attack and call Palin's daughter a , make like hard of Joe the Plumber, for no good reason, and never apologize...

The left is full of hypocrites.

I agree, Rush's mistake was thinking he could be as nasty as the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone ever notice how the left makes sure there is national attention when one of their own is called a name that has a small measure of truth, but will continually attack and call Palin's daughter a , make like hard of Joe the Plumber, for no good reason, and never apologize...

The left is full of hypocrites.

I agree, Rush's mistake was thinking he could be as nasty as the left.
    Who are these people in the national media that call Ms. Palin a ?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a the c-word but he was not asked to apologize or quit or be fired. It's a double standard. If you can't see that, you are a ing idiot.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a the c-word but he was not asked to apologize or quit or be fired. It's a double standard. If you can't see that, you are a ing idiot.
    Everyone here already knows Fuzzy is a ing idiot. His liberal pals here are such hypocrites, they won't say so though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are his advertisers?

Give me a list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He called her a Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_? And women do not like that word at all thats not nice.

Did he say anything about Limbaugh's comments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the horror! That POOR WOMAN! Just because she is a professional insurance rights advocate was no reason for Rush to pick on her...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It must really hurt that Rush had to grovel so publicly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calling her a and a pro was neither accurate nor professional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although it does seem to be turning out that she really was an insurance advocacy provocateur professional and not just some innocent law student as she was represented to congress. I thought that was interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although it does seem to be turning out that she really was an insurance advocacy provocateur professional and not just some innocent law student as she was represented to congress. I thought that was interesting.
    What difference does that make?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What difference does that make?
    Obviously none to you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    are you saying she was a deliberate plant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you saying she was a deliberate plant?
    Certainly looks that way.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sandra-flu...alth-insurance

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and rush ran right into it.

pretty funny, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law school is a serious investment; pregnancy can derail it and one's future prospects in the field in one swell foop.

Hardly matters for the argument made if she isn't a law student.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law school is a serious investment; pregnancy can derail it and one's future prospects in the field in one swell foop.

Hardly matters for the argument made if she isn't a law student.
    Oh please...nobody said she had to buy the basic student health plan offered by Georgetown. If she wanted a health plan that paid for contraception they are easily acquired. You just pay a higher premium...the bigger the benefits, the higher the premium...you do understand how that works, I presume?

Thread Information