Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news...ml?feed=104668

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir."

~~Well duh. I think he had no real intentions of ever apologizing but he was losing advertisers and I'm sure he did get some pressure from some of the GOP although they would never say it publicly to do so.
    George Will and Peggy Noonan and Eric Cantor all said this morning that Rush's comments were totally uncalled for and rude and crude. Peggy said what many already know...the GOP is unwilling or scared to call our Rush.
    Kudos for all of them on doing so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bull

Only after the nationwide revulsion did the Repugs, scared less and balless by RL, say he screwed up.

Where were they in the first hour after his hateful spew about the girl?

They're craven, gutless bandwagoners.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the guy is loadin up on lard again. gonna snap that lap band.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has listeners at about 15M/week

Limbaugh's Audience Size? It's Largely Up in the Air

Limbaugh is widely acknowledged to be the most popular talk-radio host, as evidenced by the record $400 million, eight-year contract he signed with his syndicator last July.

His three-hour daily program is carried on more than 600 domestic stations,

80 percent of his audience identified themselves as "conservative."

( aka, the deeply sincere "family values" crowd. )

Limbaugh typically attracts about 14.25 million listeners weekly

Limbaugh's weekly audience eclipses all other nationally syndicated personalities, including conservatives Sean Hannity (13.25 million), Michael Savage (8.25 million) and Laura Ingraham (5.5 million),

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030603435.html

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his advertisers don't want to reach 20 million/day people who are above the average median then that is their loss. When the smoke settles, they'll be back, like McD's and Kobe.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his advertisers don't want to reach 20 million/day people who are above the average median then that is their loss. When the smoke settles, they'll be back, like McD's and Kobe.
    They'll be back because Rush got on his knees and begged them not to leave by apologizing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the other thread on this, he is trying to stanch the revenue loss by this fake apology, but there is still some question whether or not Georgetown Law is going to let it go. Before the apology, they were putting together a complaint to file. I don't know the law well enough to know if the apology stops that or not. But it would be kinda nice to see Rush have to actually pay the consequences of his drug addicted, misogynistic tirades.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush signed a 400 million contract in 08. I doubt he gives a about the five co. who pulled their advertisement. I think it has more to do with bringing more money to the dems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush signed a 400 million contract in 08. I doubt he gives a about the five co. who pulled their advertisement. I think it has more to do with bringing more money to the dems.
    Rush apologized to bring more money to the Democrats.

Great thinking!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    As I said in the other thread on this, he is trying to stanch the revenue loss by this fake apology, but there is still some question whether or not Georgetown Law is going to let it go. Before the apology, they were putting together a complaint to file. I don't know the law well enough to know if the apology stops that or not. But it would be kinda nice to see Rush have to actually pay the consequences of his drug addicted, misogynistic tirades.
    What did Rush say to where they would have a case against him?

I hear all this talk, but no quotes in context.

I agree. it wasn't really an apology. He effectively said his choice of words was poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least three of his sponsors told Rush he can go himself with his apology.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    At least three of his sponsors told Rush he can go himself with his apology.
    That's their problem. Seven, out of how many?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People love to hate on Rush but he is great at what he does. He is selling a message to people and he does it well. I really don't think he supports a lot of the crap he claims to support. I think most of it is a part of his talk show host character.
    Besides, this is America. No one is making you listen to Rush Limbaugh on the radio. If you don't want to listen to his , don't listen.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    People love to hate on Rush but he is great at what he does. He is selling a message to people and he does it well. I really don't think he supports a lot of the crap he claims to support. I think most of it is a part of his talk show host character.
    Besides, this is America. No one is making you listen to Rush Limbaugh on the radio. If you don't want to listen to his , don't listen.
    I used to listen to Rush some years back. He does get a bit excessive in his attacks at times. Still, at the same time, I have no sympathy for Ms. Fluke. She is a Feminist activist, and seeks out opportunity for her agenda, like Rush does. They are just on opposite sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's their problem. Seven, out of how many?
    No, it's Rush's problem.

That's why he apologized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, conversely, don't advertise on his show.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    No, it's Rush's problem.

That's why he apologized.
    I don't consider his words an apology. Do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't consider his words an apology. Do you?
    Of course you don't.

You're an idiot.

It's a lame, self-serving apology, but there it is.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Of course you don't.

You're an idiot.
    LOL...

True to form again.

In a strict definition, it is an apology. I will stand corrected on that. However, there was nothing heartfelt about it, and no forgiveness asked. It wasn't what most people actually expect an apology to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

True to form again.

In a strict definition, it is an apology. I will stand corrected on that. However, there was nothing heartfelt about it, and no forgiveness asked. It wasn't what most people actually expect an apology to be.
    Right, that's because Rush is an asshole.

That's why the sponsors told him to himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't have any sympathy for the because she's acting like a victim. And the media is acting like Rush Limbaugh raped her or something. America is becoming a country that is full of cry babies and pussies.

If this woman doesn't want to get pregnant, why doesn't she make her man wear a rubber or tell him not to explode inside her? I mean seriously, this is acting like birth control pills are magic pills or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any sympathy for the because she's acting like a victim. And the media is acting like Rush Limbaugh raped her or something. America is becoming a country that is full of cry babies and pussies.

If this woman doesn't want to get pregnant, why doesn't she make her man wear a rubber or tell him not to explode inside her? I mean seriously, this is acting like birth control pills are magic pills or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you care so much about this Sandra Fluke woman and other oppressed women, why don't you pay for their birth control pills and abortions? Are you up to the challenge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you care so much about this Sandra Fluke woman and other oppressed women, why don't you pay for their birth control pills and abortions? Are you up to the challenge?
    Who said I cared about her?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You want Uncle Sam to give out free abortions and free birth control pills. She wants free birth control pills and free abortions. I did the math.

If you are so passionate about these liberal causes, why not step up and foot the bill?

Thread Information