My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I clipped a few paragraphs below, or you can click on the link for the whole story. It appears that the guy who killed all the people in Afghanistan was a con man who was in trouble for fraud before he escaped into the Army. What a shock that he didn't turn out to be a stand-up guy. Personally, I think we should just turn him over to the Afghan people.
    - - - - - - - - -

As the defense for the Army soldier accused of murdering 16 Afghan civilians appears to be taking shape, an Ohio couple told ABC News they remember him before his Army days as a conman who stole their life savings.

Liebschner took his case against Bales and his firm to Wall Street regulators in May 2000, and an independent arbitrator later found that Bales engaged in fraud, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investments.

In the midst of the pending case, Bales joined the Army and Liebschner said Bales could not be found after an arbitrator ordered him and his associates to pay more than $1.4 million.

Read the whole article here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-murder-...-abc-news.html

Also in the article: He is now saying that he "doesn't remember" doing any of those terrible things. Somehow I don't think the Afghans are going to be satisfied with that. I wouldn't be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sounded like a normal 90's commission stock broker to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch! not looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He traded stocks and lost their money. happens and it especially happens with commission for trade brokers.If they don't convince you to trade they don't make money. He didn't make the hearing because he was in Iraq. Of course he got sanctioned/convicted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Staff Sgt. Robert Bales: $1 Million in Debt

In 2002, he was accused of assaulting a girlfriend and was required to undergo anger management.

In 2008, he was cited for a hit and run accident. But his financial problems were much bigger than his legal issues.

Before he enlisted in the Army, he worked as a financial advisor. He was accused of stealing money from clients.

Arbitrators found he'd engaged in fraud, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investments. He was ordered repay more than $1 million. He never did.

A police report describes a 2008 hit-and-run accident. Bales admits he rolled his car after colliding with a signpost, but says he fell asleep. Witnesses saw a man running away, bloody and smelling of alcohol. Charges were dismissed after Bales paid a fine.

He is accused of killing Afghan civilian Gul Mudin in January with a grenade and rifle;

killing civilian Mullah Adahdad in May in a similar manner;

and shooting to death Marach Agha in February.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/3...=Google+Reader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Staff Sgt. Robert Bales: $1 Million in Debt

In 2002, he was accused of assaulting a girlfriend and was required to undergo anger management.

In 2008, he was cited for a hit and run accident. But his financial problems were much bigger than his legal issues.

Before he enlisted in the Army, he worked as a financial advisor. He was accused of stealing money from clients.

Arbitrators found he'd engaged in fraud, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investments. He was ordered repay more than $1 million. He never did.

A police report describes a 2008 hit-and-run accident. Bales admits he rolled his car after colliding with a signpost, but says he fell asleep. Witnesses saw a man running away, bloody and smelling of alcohol. Charges were dismissed after Bales paid a fine.

He is accused of killing Afghan civilian Gul Mudin in January with a grenade and rifle;

killing civilian Mullah Adahdad in May in a similar manner;

and shooting to death Marach Agha in February.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/3...=Google+Reader
    Did you read your ing article? You cut and pasted done by two different people and attributed it to Bales.

Thread Information