San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-11
    Weight: 251 lbs
    Birthday: 08/10/1993
    College: UConn

DraftExpress
    nbadraft
    Last edited by Bruno; 06-09-2012 at 02:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    When asked what teams off the Top 5 radar want to meet with him, former UConn center Andre Drummond said the Celtics and Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won't trade Parker, no idea how the FO think they can get up to Drummond

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Two words:

MIchael

Olowokandi

Kid has no motor at all and stiffed when it counted. He'll carve out a nice little 10-12 year Kwame Brown type career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won't trade Parker, no idea how the FO think they can get up to Drummond
    Supposedly a Parker trade was a possibility last year, and after the way he played this year, he surely upped his value. So I wouldn't say it's impossible -- but Parker for someone raw like Drummond seems direly unlikely, I agree.

One possibility is that they think Drummond might drop a ways with all the negative press he's getting. If the rumor is true that Dell Demps is trying to use the #10 pick as a lure to dump Okafor's contract, maybe Drummond could end up falling that far?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly a Parker trade was a possibility last year, and after the way he played this year, he surely upped his value. So I wouldn't say it's impossible -- but Parker for someone raw like Drummond seems direly unlikely, I agree.

One possibility is that they think Drummond might drop a ways with all the negative press he's getting. If the rumor is true that Dell Demps is trying to use the #10 pick as a lure to dump Okafor's contract, maybe Drummond could end up falling that far?
    This is interesting. I forget NOLA also has the 10th. NOLA is going to be awesome in a few years, if they keep the pick or more it for parts. Watch out.

2 years on Okafors contract + 10th pick is not a bad package to offer up.

Till the wheels fall off. iManu's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89f2bna

Okafor + 10th

Tony Blair.

(Not the Prime Minister).

I don't know exactly what happened with the CP3 trade exception, but it seemed to be somehow applied in the machine. I imagine that the 10th pick would fit this exception, somehow.

Till the wheels fall off. iManu's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Okafor, Drummond, Tim, and Splitter would be ing excellent. I've never heard of a frontline that big. If we could somehow get Nash, I would guarantee 2 more championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance Drummond falls to #10. If he's there even as low as 6 Portland will take him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89f2bna

Okafor + 10th

Tony Blair.

(Not the Prime Minister).

I don't know exactly what happened with the CP3 trade exception, but it seemed to be somehow applied in the machine. I imagine that the 10th pick would fit this exception, somehow.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond screams bust, extremely inconsistent, a 7 foot 275+ player shouldn't disappear as often as he does, no passion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, I hope he doesn't get drafted by Portland and be the next victim of their big man curse. LaRue Martin, Bill Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden......enough said!! You can even add Arvydas Sabonis to the mix.....he was drafted by them in 1986, but the Soviet Union didn't let him go to Portland until 1995, when he was past his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, if the Spurs can trade into the 6-10 range somehow and Drummond falls, I think he'd be worth the gamble. Yeah he sucked on UConn but UConn was a mess last season and a lot of players who turned out okay in the NBA have looked overwhelmed under Calhoun. The bottomline with him is you can't teach that type of length and athleticism.

With the Spurs' player development, I think he'd turn out pretty damn useful ... probably in the DeAndre Jordan mold at worst.

That said, if he lands with the wrong team, it's easy to imagine him going Kwame Brown.

One reason why the Spurs would be interested is they put a lot of stock in their high school scouting. That's the main reason why they drafted Cory Joseph (not that it turned out to be a good decision).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, if the Spurs can trade into the 6-10 range somehow and Drummond falls, I think he'd be worth the gamble. Yeah he sucked on UConn but UConn was a mess last season and a lot of players who turned out okay in the NBA have looked overwhelmed under Calhoun. The bottomline with him is you can't teach that type of length and athleticism.

With the Spurs' player development, I think he'd turn out pretty damn useful ... probably in the DeAndre Jordan mold at worst.

That said, if he lands with the wrong team, it's easy to imagine him going Kwame Brown.

One reason why the Spurs would be interested is they put a lot of stock in their high school scouting. That's the main reason why they drafted Cory Joseph (not that it turned out to be a good decision).
    How would they trade into the 6-10 range without moving Parker though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only people who get us in the 6-10 range are TP and Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only people who get us in the 6-10 range are TP and Leonard.
    No chance I'd move either of them for Drummond. As talented and big as Drummond is, I'd be pretty surprised if he turned out a better pro than Leonard. He screams 6'11" Richard Jefferson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe they could put together a package including Splitter, SJax's expiring contract....something like that. I will say this though, after what the front office pulled off last year, I won't write them off. Stranger things have happened. I'm not saying this because I want the Spurs to get him, but I really do believe the Spurs would be the best fir for Andre Drummond, and that would be the best environment for him to reach his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't picture Splitter as a centerpiece of a deal getting them anywhere near there, but I would definitely take the gamble then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't picture Splitter as a centerpiece of a deal getting them anywhere near there, but I would definitely take the gamble then.
    All I know, is that if you have a chance to get him without giving up one of the Big 3 or Kawhi Leonard (which seems impossible), then you have to take advantage of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it'd be pretty damn tough since I wouldn't trade Parker or Leonard for him. It'd probably take a team enthralled by Splitter's 20+ PER plus Blair and a future first round pick. Still probably wouldn't be enough but I guess if Mike Miller and Randy Foye were once traded for the 5th overall pick, we can't exactly discount the stupidity of bad GMs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't proposing either of those 2 in a trade.

Hopefully there is a stupid GM out there (Golden State?)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it'd be pretty damn tough since I wouldn't trade Parker or Leonard for him. It'd probably take a team enthralled by Splitter's 20+ PER plus Blair and a future first round pick. Still probably wouldn't be enough but I guess if Mike Miller and Randy Foye were once traded for the 5th overall pick, we can't exactly discount the stupidity of bad GMs.

In all honesty, I believe the front office has a trick up their sleeves again this year. I'm not implying that we'll get Andre Drummond, but I believe we'll all be in for a pleasant surprise on draft day, maybe even the biggest shocker of the draft.....I'm just saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't seem like a lot in a trade package. Is Blair even insurable on his next contract?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Thomas Robinson had his way with Andre Drummond in their Cleveland workout earlier this week, and I heard that Drummond didn't do too well in Charlotte either. I think it's very possible that he'll slide into the bottom half of the top 10 picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that even with LMA and Kawhi having max deals, the new TV contract and increase in the cap will allow the Spurs to go after another max player...not sure if this accurate or not.

regardless, what are the chances of the Spurs going after Drummond?

Thread Information