Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The iPads biggest compe or is the Galaxy tab 10 it sold a whopping 6 million units all of last year. apple has sold 15 million plus iPad 2's the first quarter of the year. When do you admit that you are just basically re ed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that logic Britney Spears > The Who because she's sold more.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that logic Britney Spears > The Who because she's sold more.
    It's all silly arguing, but the point is to sell units.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's no appeal to the product, there's no sales. Look at the Apple TV for a product Apple makes but no amount of marketing can make it a market leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather buy a Blackberry Playbook. $200, Adobe Flash, micro HDMI out (1080), mul asking, .mp4 and .mkv (supposedly) support out-of-the-box (making it a decent mobile HTPC), Native SDK (C/C++) and WebWorks (HTML/CSS/JavaScript) for developers/hackers.

Who knows where RIM is going, but since these devices are replaced regularly, I consider this a bargain.
    A friend of mine got the PB for 200$, and I have to admit it's an underrated beast

RIM failed in the marketing department, but the PB may just be the best tablet outthere

And with OS 2.0, it's getting a lot of apps

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's no appeal to the product, there's no sales. Look at the Apple TV for a product Apple makes but no amount of marketing can make it a market leader.
    Apple HiFi!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was around the time Cry Havoc just got his Evo and was announcing the impending demise of the iPhone...
    I was right, by the way. The iPhone is no longer the best phone on the market by any stretch of the imagination. LOL Siri = difference maker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was right, by the way. The iPhone is no longer the best phone on the market by any stretch of the imagination. LOL Siri = difference maker.
    "best" is a tricky term... but we already had this discussion.

Apple is only getting fatter and more of their revenue comes from iOS today than when you bought your EVO... something doesn't add up...
    Last edited by ElNono; 03-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention that the iPhone still sells more handsets than any other single phone out there.

But going back to the iPad for a second, I'm on record as saying that since I have an iPhone, I want an Android tablet ( I almost impulsed bought a Motorola Xoom for $300 the other day). Having said that, you can talk specs all you want, but in the end, the name of the game is to move units. Apple is doing that better than anyone else right now.

So while the new Samsung Tab may be ting on the new iPad, I highly doubt Apple is worried. Everyone may be an "idiot" but in the end, the iPad is still the king until someone takes it down.

My store is going to be selling the new 7" Galaxy Tab for under $300. Tempting.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    galaxy. tab 10. $329 woot.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    galaxy. tab 10. $329 woot.com
    Still a laggy piece of crap

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    i agree i bought one and took it back 3 days later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree i bought one and took it back 3 days later.
    Same here

Returned it after 1 week

I read rooting it solves the problem, not sure though

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol @ having to root what should work out of the box..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think it was around the time Cry Havoc just got his Evo and was announcing the impending demise of the iPhone...
    What's an evo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's an evo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ having to root what should work out of the box..
    But....but.... Apple fanboys have to jailbreak

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any of the other tablets have near the resolution of that new iPad screen or quad core graphics. Behind in some ways, ahead in others. We'll have to see what the developers turn out in the next few months to see what's what I guess.
    The Galaxy Note 10.1 is also a dual core tablet, so Samsung is behind the curve that Asus established. And the resolution is far inferior to the iPad 3, but then again, so are our TVs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple is only getting fatter and more of their revenue comes from iOS today than when you bought your EVO... something doesn't add up...
    Once again citing the mass consumer as a basis for judgment of quality.

The thing that doesn't add up is attempting to show that the average person uses their head or actually does any research whatsoever when purchasing hyped devices.

Care to share with me how Bose are the best high quality headphones on the planet, ElNono? Or Beats by Dre?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of which, my wife had her phone stolen a month and a half ago, we used the insurance to get a replacement, but I also bought a nexus s 4g to have as a backup phone. She had been using the NS4g primarily, but then decided to switch back to the evo 4g. The one she got had a few minor problems that stacked up on each other, so she called the insurance company (assurion)back to let them know that her evo wasn't up to snuff.... She will be receiving an Evo 3d today as a replacement. SAAAAWEEET!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that doesn't add up is attempting to show that the average person uses their head or actually does any research whatsoever when purchasing hyped devices.

Care to share with me how Bose are the best high quality headphones on the planet, ElNono? Or Beats by Dre?
    I think you skipped over the biggest culprit of them all, Monster Cables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you skipped over the biggest culprit of them all, Monster Cables.
    They sell the most! So they must be the best! The public wouldn't get duped into buying a hyped/inferior product!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a perfectly good Monster HDMI cable at Goodwill for $2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again citing the mass consumer as a basis for judgment of quality.

Again with the alleged marketing masking ty products?

Why don't you ask Blackberry hows that working for them? How about Palm? Nokia maybe?

This isn't 1990. The whole "my phone has .2 more GHz than yours" has turned into irrelevant banter. The question is if you're getting the most out of your device. Do you get the apps you need? Do you get the support for what you pay for? Is it simple to use? etc, etc, etc

but, but, but, rooting is easy!

And lol @ the comparisons with a small fish like Bose... Bose's revenue for last year doesn't even add up to 2% of Apple's total revenue...

On the other hand, take Microsoft... invested billions upon billions of dollars on the mobile market and has yet to make a dent... but the Zune has better specs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Monster cable... they should've been deep-sixed for a while now

Thread Information