Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O'Keefe's Colorado Voter Fraud Expose Undercut By Failed Stings

Conservative provocateur James O'Keefe, slayer of ACORN, is at it again, this time "exposing" voter fraud in Colorado in a new video released Wednesday.

The only problem? Two days before, Mother Jones published a story quoting Colorado Democrats who said that they had turned O'Keefe and his team away in their undercover bid to show Democrats hankering to falsify some votes in a state with one of the most closely watched Senate races in the country.

Last week, according to the Democratic staffers who talked to Mother Jones, a man who said he was an LGBT activist came to a Boulder, Colo., office, asking if he should fill out ballots for other college students who had moved out of the state. (All registered Colorado voters received ballots in the mail this year). But he was told not to because it would be voter fraud, according to Mother Jones.

Then a few days later, the man returned to the office with another man who he introduced as a 45-year-old civics professor. Staffers identified O'Keefe as the "professor," according to Mother Jones -- and O'Keefe had tweeted a picture of himself in make-up.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/jame...+%28TPMNews%29

O'Keefe, Repug HERO!!, because Repugs and right-wingers are LIARS, CHEATERS, FRAUDS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug misogynists:

Right-Wing Media Discourage Young Women From Voting

Fox's Kimberly Guilfoyle: Young Women Shouldn't Exercise Civic Duties Because "They Don't Get It." During the October 21 edition of Fox News' The Five, the co-hosts discussed the impact of women voters in the upcoming midterm elections. After co-host Greg Gutfeld suggested that young women lack the wisdom to vote as conservatives, Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that they should be excused from jury duty, because they lack life experience and just "don't get it." Instead, she said, they should "go back on Tinder or Match.com." [Fox News, The Five, 10/21/14]

Fox's Tucker Carlson: "Do You Want Your Government Run By People Whose Favorite Show Is Say Yes [To The Dress]?" During the October 2 edition of Fox News' Outnumbered, network host

Tucker Carlson criticized a Republican campaign to encourage young women to vote Republican by asking whether or not the young women targeted by the ad should vote at all:

CARLSON: I don't think as a general matter you should be encouraging people who don't know anything about what they're voting for to vote. That's what the Democrats do, giving Newports to the homeless to get them to the polls. That's literally true. Republicans shouldn't follow suit on that. You shouldn't pander to people. Tell us what the candidates are for, what they're against. Attack the other guy, that's fair too. I'm all for attack ads, but you're targeting people -- you're targeting people who are watching Say Yes To The Dress? You want your government run by people ... who's favorite show is Say Yes To The Dress. [Fox News,Outnumbered, 10/2/14]

National Review Online
    : Five Reasons Young Women "Are Too Dumb To Vote." In a September 28 post challenging Lena Dunham for encouraging young women to vote in an article for Planned Parenthood Action Fund, NRO's Kevin D. Williamson provided his "Five Reasons Why You're Too Dumb To Vote." Calling voting a "shallow gesture of citizenship" which women use to say "I want," Williamson urged those who do not agree with his political values to not vote at all:

I would like to suggest, as gently as I can, that if you are voting as an act of self-gratification, if you do not understand the role that voting in fact plays in a cons utional republic, and if you need Lena Dunham to tell you why and how you should be voting -- you should not vote. If you get your politics from actors and your news from television comedians -- you should not vote. There's no shame in it, your vote is statistically unlikely to affect the outcome of an election, and there are many much more meaningful ways to serve your country and your fellow man: Volunteer at a homeless shelter; join the Marine Corps; become a nun; start a business. [National Review Online, 9/29/14, via Media Matters]

Fox's Harris Faulkner: Do We Want Young People To Vote "If They Don't Know The Issues?"
    On the October 8 edition of Fox News' Outnumbered, co-host Harris Faulkner responded to Rock The Vote's "#TurnOutForWhat" campaign by questioning whether or not young people should vote "if they don't know the issues." [Fox News, Outnumbered, 10/8/14]

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...from-vo/201259

Repugs know they lose the female vote by MANY POINTS, so logically .... women shouldn't vote, they're too stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Texas Law Would Require Candidates for Governor to Show Proof of I.Q.

AUSTIN — A controversial new bill in the Texas House of Representatives would require those running for governor to show proof of the minimum I.Q. necessary to perform the duties of the office.
    If the bill were to become law, every politician in Texas with gubernatorial ambitions would be issued an I.D. card featuring his or her photo, current address, and performance on a state-administered I.Q. test.

Carol Foyler, one of the co-sponsors of the bill, acknowledged that the idea of a minimum I.Q. for candidates was viewed as incendiary in some circles, but insisted that the requirements of the I.D. card were not onerous. “All they have to do is show mastery of simple tasks, such as uttering complete sentences and things of that nature,” she said.

But the bill faces an uphill fight in the House, where representatives like Harland Dorrinson, of Plano, have vowed to defeat it.

“I know that the folks behind this so-called bill are well meaning,” Dorrinson said. “But
    if this had been enacted fifteen years ago, it would have choked off our supply of governors.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...r-show-proof-q

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll remember that next time you debunk global warning with an observation about the weather outside today.
    I believe in global warming, just not climategeddon. Was your typo a Freudian slip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calibration is real. real voting machines require real maintenance to prevent errors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, that story has zero relevance to voter ID laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't click this link, it doesn't exist ---> http://www.nhregister.com/government...b_locale=id_ID
    So, how much do we need to all spend to prevent this type of fraud from happening?

Tell me which taxes we need to raise to pay for it while you are at it.

Per the census:
    http://thedataweb.rm.census.gov/TheD...TANCE=Nov+2012

Connecticut has about a 45% turnout of all potential voters in off-year elections.

Or if you want the raw excel data:

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/socde...2/Table04c.xls

Connecticut had a grand total of 1,568,000 votes cast in the 2012 elections.

You managed to find a single case of voter ID fraud.

That works out to a rate of fraud 0.000064%

Congratulations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall St grease bag spills the greasy, slimy beans on Repug voter suppression and vote counting fraud.

Governor Christie Says GOP Needs To Win In Order To Control ‘Voting Mechanisms’

Just in case it was not clear as to how the GOP plans to win elections despite having a shrinking demographic, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie decided to remove any doubt – rigging the vote. In an amazingly honest speech to the US Chamber of Commerce Governor Christie said that the GOP had to control the voting process if they were to succeed in 2016.

Christie’s statements come in the wake of a wave of voter ID laws meant to drive down poor and minority turnout throughout the country – voters who generally vote Democrat. The US Supreme Court recently upheld Texas’ controversial voter ID law and Christie vetoed an early voting bill for New Jersey. Other states have also taken measures to tackle a non-existent voter fraud problem and limit early voting.

Governor Christie also told the Chamber of Commerce he was “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.”

Governor Christie pushed further into the contentious debate over voting rights than ever before, saying Tuesday that Republicans need to win gubernatorial races this year so that they’re the ones controlling “voting mechanisms” going into the next presidential election. Republican governors are facing intense fights in the courts over laws they pushed that require specific identification in order to vote and that reduce early voting opportunities. Critics say those laws sharply curtail the numbers of poor and minority voters, who would likely vote for Democrats

“Would you rather have Rick Scott in Florida overseeing the voting mechanism, or Charlie Crist?

Would you rather have Scott Walker in Wisconsin overseeing the voting mechanism, or would you rather have Mary Burke?

Who would you rather have in Ohio, John Kasich or Ed FitzGerald?” he asked.

Subtle. In other words, if Republicans are not in control of elections Democrats might win because people will be allowed to vote.

http://news.firedoglake.com/2014/10/...ng-mechanisms/

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, that story has zero relevance to voter ID laws.
    Right?

More links! More links!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in global warming, just not climategeddon. Was your typo a Freudian slip?
    You just said that the earth had stopped warming slmost two decades ago. You are so full of .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘This is just bullsh*t’: Texas woman says state trooper harassed her over getting voter ID

A Texas woman was harassed by a state trooper while attempting to obtain the special ID required for voters, MSNBC reported on Friday.

“I’m 62 years old,” Lynne Messinger said about the encounter. “I’ve been voting for a long time, and this is just bullsh*t.”

“It was like a Nazi interrogation about how I can’t be driving with a California ID,” Messinger said the trooper told her. “I was completely intimidated and freaked out.”

Messinger first encountered DPS officials last year, when she was told she could not obtain the voter ID because she did not provide a birth certificate. It took her months to get the do ent from New York state, where she was born.

“I’m well-traveled, I’m not easily intimidated,” Messinger said. “This guy scared the out of me. I can just imagine what other people – a little housewife or a Latino or whatever walks in there and this happens to them.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/t...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just said that the earth had stopped warming slmost two decades ago. You are so full of .
    It is true that we are currently experiencing a "pause" in warming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Left-wing hysteria over ID

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/texas-wom...41024_34396057

Lol @ the correction at the bottom

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Left-wing hysteria over ID

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/texas-wom...41024_34396057

Lol @ the correction at the bottom
    the hysteria is on the Repug side, hysterical (fabricated, of course) about rampant, election-throwing voter fraud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You believe in any position that discourages political action regarding carbon emissions. You are the worst sort of sophist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You believe in any position that discourages political action regarding carbon emissions. You are the worst sort of sophist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say that you are a shill but shills get paid for their work. So what do you think that an objective person reading this exchange is going to make of your credibility?

What I really enjoy is when you are ashamed of your sources and try and hide them. It's why I feel comfortable calling you an intellectually dishonest piece of . You cannot discount an insult out of hand when it's true.

Tears indeed. teehee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say that you are a shill but shills get paid for their work. So what do you think that an objective person reading this exchange is going to make of your credibility?

What I really enjoy is when you are ashamed of your sources and try and hide them. It's why I feel comfortable calling you an intellectually dishonest piece of . You cannot discount an insult out of hand when it's true.

Tears indeed. teehee.

@ your little tantrums

No one is bothered by your petty insults. That's just your standard response to anyone that disagrees with you. Hundreds of examples can be found on these forums for those that are interested (psssst -- no one is interested).

So, fire away, tantrum boy. teehee indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ your little tantrums

No one is bothered by your petty insults. That's just your standard response to anyone that disagrees with you. Hundreds of examples can be found on these forums for those that are interested (psssst -- no one is interested).

So, fire away, tantrum boy. teehee indeed.
    I'm not mad but that you need to create an emotional state as to dismiss what I say speaks quite clearly. Oh and speak for yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get a room, already. you two deserve each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so emo.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Tilting at jackasses....a ST pastime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the risk that tilting at jackasses will turn you into one, is considerable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AUSTIN — The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday that Texas’ voter ID law violates the Voting Rights Act — but it also said the law is not a “poll tax.”

In a unanimous decision, a three-judge panel also rejected a previous judge’s ruling that the law was discriminatory. The Fifth Circuit sent that portion of the lawsuit back to a federal court.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...ghts-act.html/

Thread Information