Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I think it is easy to rob a bank, rob a bank, and then post a video of myself robbing a bank, to show how easy it is, my dumb ass belongs in jail.

It seems this line of reasoning may also apply to federal voter fraud.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

James O’Keefe ‘N Friends Maybe Going To Prison, For Being Idiots

Doofus dildo monster James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas has irrevocably proven that activists with his group were able to obtain a few ballots in the New Hampshire primary under false pretenses by assuming the iden ies of very recently deceased people whose names still appeared on the rolls, which is VOTER FRAUD. See how easy it was to cast a fraudulent ballot without an ID in this isolated type of instance? They filmed it, in order to prove just how easily they were able to commit fraud. Look, here is the video that shows them doing the fraud! They put it on the Internet! Here world, we’ve committed a felony! And now the video is being investigated by the New Hampshire state Attorney General’s office, and local election officials want them prosecuted, and James O’Keefe can’t understand why he hasn’t preemptively been awarded next year’s Pulitzer yet.
    Patch.com reports:

[Nashua City Clerk Paul] Bergeron said this morning he believes the filmmakers may have committed a federal crime, as well, if they crossed state lines to record the undercover video, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

“It’s against the law to steal, so if you go out and steal and then put up a video and say, ‘Look, I stole something,’ that’s a crime. What these people did was a crime; they stole a person’s iden y and used it to ty to obtain a ballot that would be used in a state election,” said Bergeron.

“They recorded it without election officials’ knowledge, which apears to be a violation of our New Hampshire wiretapping codes, and some of these are out of state residents, so I don’t know if violations of wiretapping or ID theft could hold up in court, but if they crossed state lines to commit these crimes, it may be a federal crime as well. This is serious; we won’t tolerate voter fraud, regardless of what the intent might be,” Bergeron said.

What is the big DEEAAAAL James O’Keefe demands to know. The media basically just commits felonies all the time, THAT IS HOW REPORTING WORKS, sheesh.

“I notice a contempt and a hostility from the media establishment towards us,” O’Keefe told the [Boston] Herald yesterday. “The journalism establishment is not very friendly to me or to our work product, when they’ve been using these tactics for decades.”

We liked him better when he was trying to trick CNN ladies onto cruise boats full of lube

by Kirsten Boyd Johnson

http://wonkette.com/460148/james-oke...--------------

Mr. O'keefe has always been emblematic of me of the peculiar moral and intellectual rot of the right wing extremists in this country.

That and he *is* an idiot. One can only hope a stint in a federal pound you in the ass prison will adjust his worldview when it comes to willingness to break the law to advance your political viewpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might be a verifiable case of voter fraud there

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did cocaine to prove how bad it is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, I haven't seen the video, but don't you have to consummate the fraud (actually cast the vote) for it to be illegal?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, I haven't seen the video, but don't you have to consummate the fraud (actually cast the vote) for it to be illegal?
    Would have to read the statute, but why wouldn't registration fraud be a crime? You have to steal an iden y to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in NH procuring someone else's ballot is a crime all by itself, no voting required

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I read about this I was thinking how stupid these people were being. DUMB!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was clear from the beginning O'Keefe has more balls than brains

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, I watched the video...they were given the ballots but didn't vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O’Keefe’s allies could face criminal charges on both the federal and state level for procuring ballots under false names...

Federal law bans not only the casting of, but the “procurement” of ballots “that are known by the person to be materially false, fic ious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held.”
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...raud_stunt.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have to read the statute, but why wouldn't registration fraud be a crime? You have to steal an iden y to do it.
    I think stealing is a little strong of a term. They didn't steal a SS#, a drivers license, or any ID. The didn't use the name for anything more than to get a ballot they didn't use.

The whole point of the exercise was that people should HAVE to show ID to get their ballot.

Getting a little hysterical, are we?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Flaws In The O'Keefe "Voter Fraud" Scheme

Discredited fraud James O'Keefe's latest video attempts to prove how easy it is to steal an election without voter ID laws on the books, but actually demonstrates just how difficult it would be to pull off such a plot.

An actual attempt to carry out such a plot would run into the problem shared by all such schemes to steal elections through in-person voters, rather than in the vote counting phase: without knowing how many votes they need to steal to win, conspirators must engage in a very large effort.

As election experts noted when contacted about O'Keefe's video by TPM, actually pulling off a scheme to swing an election through these methods would be extremely complex, a massive undertaking whose size could quickly lead to its discovery:

Election law expert Rick Hasen, who writes the Election Law Blog, joked in an email to TPM that O'Keefe's team should "next show how easy it is to rob a bank with a plastic gun."

"Who in their right mind would risk a felony conviction for this? And who would be able to do this in large enough numbers to (1) affect the outcome of the election and (2) remain undetected?" Hasen wrote.

Other election experts agreed that the video doesn't change the substance of the debate over whether the minimal threat of in-person voter fraud is worth the impact that such laws can have on minority and poor voters.

"The fact that activists can engage in a stunt is not a reason for reform," Samuel Issacharoff, a professor of cons utional law at New York University Law School, told TPM. "It means nothing. Why would anybody want to do this? It proves that they don't update their dead voter information as quickly as they might, but so what? To pull this off on a large scale, you'd need coordination, and presumably somebody would have heard about it."

The bigger the election, the more precincts and deceased voters would be involved and the more conspirators would be needed. Smaller elections mean fewer votes would need to be stolen, but they also mean that there are fewer recently deceased individuals to pose as.
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012011...County+Fair%29

=======

O'Keefe's criminal does us all a great service in demonstrating that Repug/WC voter fraud allegations are unfounded, and fraudulent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think stealing is a little strong of a term. They didn't steal a SS#, a drivers license, or any ID. The didn't use the name for anything more than to get a ballot they didn't use.
    They used someone else's iden y to register for an election.

That's iden y theft.

The whole point of the exercise was that people should HAVE to show ID to get their ballot.
    If the facts are correct, the whole point is getting the recently deceased off the rolls.

Getting a little hysterical, are we?
    Getting a little apologist, are we?

I thought you guys were for law and order. I shouldn't be surprised you are not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dismissing violations of Federal law as triviality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol O'Keefe committing voter fraud to save us from voter fraud

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other than cns news, breitbart, and fox news...who listens/ promotes to this guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ the drama queens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ the apologist scofflaw...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ the apologist scofflaw...
    so should they seek the death penalty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so should they seek the death penalty?
    And heeeeeeeeere comes the straw man![/Scully]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main drama for me is watching you contort yourself to excuse O'Keefe for another brain dead hoax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main drama for me is watching you contort yourself to excuse O'Keefe for another brain dead hoax
    I could give a about that moron but it is hilarious watching you guys all over yourself over this most hideous breach of federal law...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't believe iden y theft and registration fraud can be crimes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, the ironing!

Thread Information