Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, the Spurs still have a glaring issue upfront but this allows the Spurs to have more grit in the starting line up (whether that's Kawhi or Jax). Jax has moxie and the Spurs needed that. RJ was a sickness that dragged everyone down. Jax will breathe new life.

Spurs amnestying RJ next year & adding a guy would have cost a lot; now they get a guy who's about as good as they could have hoped for with regards to le team impact.

Spurs need a big, but this trade saved them a lot of money and gave them championship grit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this confirmed or not, and if so by whom? Sorry but no time to read through the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back Stephen.

PAT represennnnnnnnnt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good trade excluding Stephen Jackson from the equation. Anything he does is a bonus.

You trade a late first round pick for $10 million every day of the week.
    SJ has played for 7 different teams in 13 years (including the Spurs way back when). Getting out of RJs contract is great but inheriting a guy who might be a chemistry problem is another...

If he can play D, hit a couple of 3s from the corner, hustle, rebound and keep his mouth shut to the officials, then I'm all for it.

But if he comes here, starts expecting to start and receive the ball in regular rotation like he did playing w/ weaker teams just a few years ago, watch out...

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this confirmed or not, and if so by whom? Sorry but no time to read through the thread.
    Confirmed by Yahoo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on Spurstalk everyday and read all that I think is worthy to be read. I haven't posted in a very long time because the first round exits have killed my spirit. Now that the Spurs have brought back my favorite Spur and got rid of my least favorite Spur, I am posting again. Where is that damn purple elephant dancing thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, basketball wise depending on Tim's money, how would amnesty of RJ be better of basketball wise? The Spurs might not have cap space next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so ? Spurs added 4th deadly weapon. Good defender, good shooter, could fit immediately. He is hungry of basketball and playing in conteder.
    Jackson has been horrible this year. It could be a motivation issue but it could be that he will turn 34 in 20 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's damn fun to see Jefferson gone and SJax back but I don't see the point of the trade. Keeping the pick and amnestying Jefferson was the better solution basketball wise.
    Basketball wise, the Spurs with SJax have a lot higher ceiling than the Spurs with RJ. The Spurs didn't have a chance unless RJ was benched and that didn't appear to be in the cards. At least now the Spurs have a chance.

And if Duncan gets somewhere in the neighborhood of $13-15 million, which he could easily get if he wanted, amnestying RJ wouldn't have done anything.

With this move, at least RJ's player-option is wiped away and they won't be held done from that two seasons from now. Tbh, I think this is a good trade for now and in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a big, but this trade saved them a lot of money and gave them championship grit.
    Good post. The glaring weakness is still their lack of a defensive minded big.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One monkey don't stop no show. - SJax

I love having this guy back with the spurs

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    although GS fans are pretty happy he's gone. what did Jax do to that franchise?
    He brought them to the playoffs. The fans aren't used to it there, and have never forgiven him.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least now the Spurs have a chance.
    not with the current state of our frontcourt. we still need a bigman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Golden State falling for this?
    Sounds like your upset that the Spurs improved with this trade. Figures.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJ has played for 7 different teams in 13 years (including the Spurs way back when). Getting out of RJs contract is great but inheriting a guy who might be a chemistry problem is another...

If he can play D, hit a couple of 3s from the corner, hustle, rebound and keep his mouth shut to the officials, then I'm all for it.

But if he comes here, starts expecting to start and receive the ball in regular rotation like he did playing w/ weaker teams just a few years ago, watch out...
    New age Spurs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stephen Jackson behaved in San Antonio because he needs the discipline of a tough system. He goes willy-nilly crazy when there's not someone strong to keep him in check. If you don't think Pop and TD will keep him in check, then that's fine, but there's honestly no reason to think that he could chemistry problems here.

And he probably will start.

silverblk mystix

Relax...

this is the place where Jax thrived...and he was kept in check...

it is just a coming-home for Jax and the only thing he wants is to redeem his career...helping the Spurs in the playoffs will be the perfect redemption....

The ShawJax Redemption...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unbelievable! Did not think this would happen. Another clutch shooter.
    "Welcome back Captain Jack! Eh.. you might have to be First Mate now..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's damn fun to see Jefferson gone and SJax back but I don't see the point of the trade. Keeping the pick and amnestying Jefferson was the better solution basketball wise.

I guess Holt is behind this trade and will enjoy the money saved.
    This, and also imrpoves the team to contend imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, basketball wise depending on Tim's money, how would amnesty of RJ be better of basketball wise? The Spurs might not have cap space next year.
    The key is the pick. Hopefully, it's a 2012 pick and not a 2013 or after.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information