Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ's 3-pnt FG% and FG% in general is skewed data - He's shooting wide open shots that are created from elite players. It's like saying Bonner is the best 3 pnt shooter in the NBA because of his top ranking percentages..

SJax was more or less carrying the crappy teams he's been on aka the Bucks/Charlotte where he had to chuck shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very excited to see what sjax has left. I think people will be surprised how well he will be able to put the ball on the floor/finish around the rim. He can still play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woooooooooooo

someone post a Ric FLAIR .gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was the last half that RJ played for us the best he played in San Antonio?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point concerning Jax shooting the 3 has nothing to do with stats but being clutch. I love it when people are so quick to argue and say things like "false" without understanding what the current issues are with the Spurs. Richard Jefferson is a professional player with great skills but the dude chokes when you need him the most. Jax is the opposite. He's a nut with a wild streak but is so compe ive that he will take the shot - and make it - when it counts the most. The thing is, this current roster only needs this when it's your time to take it. He will do it when the shot clock (or game clock) is about to hit zero and do it with confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this trade so much. Part of that is due to sentiment, part of that beause we've solved the RJ issue and part of that is because I think SJax can contribute.

Never thought I'd see Buckets back in SA. Thrilled that it's happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this trade so much. Part of that is due to sentiment, part of that beause we've solved the RJ issue and part of that is because I think SJax can contribute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we screwed up our cap for next season, when we could have actually had money to sign a Center. Gave away our first round pick in a deep draft. Got older today. And got even older for next year. And have no way of reloading with youth next year. And oh yeah, Stephen Jackson is hurt and shooting 35% this year. At least with Jefferson we could have amnestied his ass. !
    Please go to the back of the line...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared to Jefferson:

2010-11 Playoffs
    Points per 36 mins: 8
    TS%: .544
    RB%: 8.3%
    AST%: 4.6%
    TOV%: 14.3%

2011-12
    Points per 36 mins: 11.7
    TS%: .556
    RB%: 7.1%
    AST%: 7%
    TOV%: 8.6%
    I was about to get those numbers. Thanks

Going from SJax to RJ you lose efficiency but gain scoring and playmaking. And SJax's efficiency should rise since he won't have to create his own offense as much. He's always going to be inefficient to some degree because that's the way he's played his entire career but he can still be valuable.

And in the playoffs, you want guys who can create for themselves and others. RJ, on the other hand, had turned into the brunette version of Bonner. A team full of spot up three-point shooters doesn't get the job done come postseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worry more about the chemistry part, and Jax accepting a smaller role. if its better financially then that is icing on the cake

assuming he is healthy enough to play, there really isnt anything to compare with RJ. In the PO and tough games, RJ shrivels and so his numbers dont mean anything. As long as he accepts his role, Jax will be an improvement.

also, this isnt a crazy risk because Leonard has to become the starter sooner rather than later

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point concerning Jax shooting the 3 has nothing to do with stats but being clutch. I love it when people are so quick to argue and say things like "false" without understanding what the current issues are with the Spurs. Richard Jefferson is a professional player with great skills but the dude chokes when you need him the most. Jax is the opposite. He's a nut with a wild streak but is so compe ive that he will take the shot - and make it - when it counts the most. The thing is, this current roster only needs this when it's your time to take it. He will do it when the shot clock (or game clock) is about to hit zero and do it with confidence.
    He's a high volume, low percentage shot chucker who's never afraid to take a big shot and will occasionally hit them. He'll also occasionally shoot his team's way out of a win by going 4-18. He does the latter more frequently than the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

$11 million for a late first rounder. GG, GSW
    People keep responding to this thread and keep missing this point. It's a freaking a huge deal! The Warriors just paid $11 million for a late first round pick right like you said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger's take on the trade:

San Antonio: B
    It's an odd trade for a team in the championship race to make, since Jefferson-for-Jacko is a slight downgrade at this point in their respective careers. But the long-term savings were simply too good to pass up; San Antonio now has massive cap flexibility in the summer of 2013.

Additionally, one can argue it made a potentially difficult move much easier. The Spurs were likely going to have to bench Jefferson, who has started all 41 games but has by far the worst PER of San Antonio's 10 rotation players. With Kawhi Leonard playing well and Manu Ginobili likely to return soon, they sidestep a potentially sticky problem and can bring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so ing hard right now, goodbye !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a high volume, low percentage shot chucker who's never afraid to take a big shot and will occasionally hit them. He'll also occasionally shoot his team's way out of a win by going 4-18. He does the latter more frequently than the former.
    I really don't think Pop will allow him to throw up so many shots. I think Jax knows this too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep responding to this thread and keep missing this point. It's a freaking a huge deal! The Warriors just paid $11 million for a late first round pick right like you said.
    i dont think they have a 1st round pick due to being protected or some belonging to another team, they also have 3 2nd roundpicks, which they will use with the spurs pick to move up in a deep draft...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, we saw what a difference RJ made when he decided to actually do something besides spot up. When he drove and looked to create or get to the rim he actually made the team look much better. With Jax, you get that on a regular basis and he's a better passer/ball handler to boot. So no longer will that be the exception, but the norm.

I don't care how many Jax misses (to a certain degree obviously), I care that he will not be punked and I care about having another guy the people in the locker room trust. It could breath new life into the team as I've compared RJ to a sickness that doesn't seem to be serious so you never go to the doctor; you just never feel fully healthy.

I'm not expecting any major step forward, but this will force a better defensive unit from Pop and I will enjoy watching them much, much more. I'm going on record saying Jax will make the team better basketball wise and it will be noticeable.

Having said that, if the Spurs don't land a big man, the point is somewhat moot, although the Spurs are better now than before so hard to complain if people liked their chances as all before with RJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so ing hard right now, goodbye !

So is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whaaaaaattttttttt ?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah .... im so pumped. is he gonna play tom against the thunder ? now lets just cross our fingers and hope we can get either kaman or diaw.. but i would prefer kaman. lets go spurs one more before timmy retires .. GO SPURS GO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, we saw what a difference RJ made when he decided to actually do something besides spot up. When he drove and looked to create or get to the rim he actually made the team look much better. With Jax, you get that on a regular basis and he's a better passer/ball handler to boot. So no longer will that be the exception, but the norm.

I don't care how many Jax misses (to a certain degree obviously), I care that he will not be punked and I care about having another guy the people in the locker room trust. It could breath new life into the team as I've compared RJ to a sickness that doesn't seem to be serious so you never go to the doctor; you just never feel fully healthy.

I'm not expecting any major step forward, but this will force a better defensive unit from Pop and I will enjoy watching them much, much more. I'm going on record saying Jax will make the team better basketball wise and it will be noticeable.

Having said that, if the Spurs don't land a big man, the point is somewhat moot, although the Spurs are better now than before so hard to complain if people liked their chances as all before with RJ.
    Well said. Hopefully Diaw gets bought out and joins us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest value in this trade is SJax's expiring contract. If he plays great and provides insurance for a Manu injury that's gravy. Yet with the expiring contract the Spurs get more flexibility to make deals and address their frontcourt issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greatest. Tweet. Ever.

Thread Information