Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need that money to get more frontcourt help. It's not exactly saving anything except Holt's wallet if he wants to be cheap.
    That money isn't going to be available until 2013... but that's the point. The Spurs free up that cap space a season earlier...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really can't judge this trade completely until you see who the Spurs turn Jack's expiring into next season. If they just let him leave at the end of next season, it's still a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Manu, Jack will be making his debut next wednesday
    Wow that's gotta be the most anticipated day of the season. Bowen's jersey, Jackson's return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That money isn't going to be available until 2013... but that's the point. The Spurs free up that cap space a season earlier...
    I think the only way to make use of that money is though a trade. The Spurs will probably still be over the cap or close especially if Duncan gets sthg like 24M/2yr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Never really had a view tbh...just wanted him gone by whatever means possible. But thanks for dodging the question.
    I don't usually answer rhetorical questions. I'm not a wizard so I won't speculate on Duncan's contract. As for the spurs FO, that all depends on their motives. If they're looking to save money and have given up on winning, no. If they still believe, then yes. I guess the FO answered that question in resounding fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA

When called out for issues in MIL, Stephen Jackson would counter that Tim Duncan says he's "the ultimate teammate." Fitting he's back in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only way to make use of that money is though a trade. The Spurs will probably still be over the cap or close especially if Duncan gets sthg like 24M/2yr.
    No. Jackson's contract ends at the end of next season.

RJ's contract ended a season afterwards (if he used his player option, which is likely seeing he was going to get $11 million for it).

Jack basically comes off the books a season earlier. If the Spurs would've kept RJ, they would've had to pay him $11 million on that season. They no longer have that money committed there now, and will become part of the cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, if between now and until Jax's contract runs out they decide to trade Jax for players with longer term deals, then that will be that.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ...to pay Splitter without tax worries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the trade but there will be more risk/reward with Jack. More turnovers and risk-taking. More assists and steals, but def more, TOs. Jack can still create his own shot and that makes this a plus move by the Spurs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No. Jackson's contract ends at the end of next season.

RJ's contract ended a season afterwards (if he used his player option, which is likely seeing he was going to get $11 million for it).

Jack basically comes off the books a season earlier. If the Spurs would've kept RJ, they would've had to pay him $11 million on that season. They no longer have that money committed there now, and will become part of the cap space.
    Amnestying Rj gives the Spurs 10 mil in cap space next year. Now, your talk about waisting another year of Duncan's career. Hope he's as viable in two years as he is now or it really isn't going to matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...ory?id=7693146

Trade deadline winners, losers
    Good news for Jefferson, Wallace, Sessions, Batum; bad news for Camby, Foye
    Updated: March 15, 2012, 9:16 PM ET
    By John Cregan | Special to ESPN.com

Big Winners
    Stephen Jackson, SG/SF, San Antonio Spurs: I get all misty-eyed even typing this: Jackson continues his trip down Teams-I-Talked-My-Way-Out-Of-Town-With Lane, landing ultimately on his second NBA squad. With Jackson, the key is his mental well-being, which is why I love this deal for him and his owners. Why? Because he'll be content on a winning veteran club in dire need of some 20-ppg scoring punch, and he'll be playing for a coach who can handle his ups and downs.

Jackson is an underrated fantasy player because of his bad rep and streakiness, but I get the feeling he's about to be on the upswing.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Or, they could pay and keep Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...tephen-jackson

This to see SJax in silver and black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know rj sucks
    so atleast pop can not play him to many minitues now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know rj sucks
    so atleast pop can not play him to many minitues now

He can't play him any minutes now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ never fit here. He didn't fit on the court. He didn't fit off the court. He didn't fit.

He's a nice guy. He tries to be funny. He pretends he bought into the philosophy. I'm sure he'll thrive somewhere...but it's not in San Antonio.
    This.
    The effect of a sad-sack/non-compe or such as RJ on team spirit/concept must have been corrosive.
    Of course, the Spurs are a classy bunch, so we'll likely never hear about it. But I'm guessing the Spurs locker room has become a much brighter and hopeful place with RJ's departure.

SJAX has earned the respect of Pop and the rest of the crew. That's golden. No matter what, you know SJAX is going to go out there and compete every single night.

I wish I could be there for SJAX first home game. That place is going to be roaring with joy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks so awesome.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Really can't judge this trade completely until you see who the Spurs turn Jack's expiring into next season. If they just let him leave at the end of next season, it's still a win.
    It's actually two wins already, with the possibility of two more wins for a total of four wins.

1. RJ is gone
    2. We can pay Splitter in 2013.

If Jack comes around and we get anything at ALL from him on the floor.
    3. That is win three.

Here's a bit of conjecture on the nature of the "conditionality" of the pick. GS really wanted to be in this draft. Their own pick is forfeit from a previous trade if it's after pick #7. If they finish in the bottom four, top 7 is a lock. If they jump up into the top 3 picks in the lottery drawing, it's also a lock. They just traded their best offensive player and their best defensive player to Milwaukee, and got back a player that won't help them at all this year. They are also talking about shutting down Steph Curry for the year because of his recurring ankle problems. If they get their own pick, I think we keep ours. They're going to try REAL hard because it's a much better pick. If this happens...

4. The trade may cost NOTHING.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I reckon the only thing that could make me happier would be if the Admiral came back for another playoff run. 47 year old Admiral >>>> Blair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Details of the protection on the first round pick Spurs send:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
    2012: top 14 protected
    2013: top 14 protected
    2014: top 14 protected
    2015: unprotected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Financial considerations aside, Spurs basically traded 2003 Steve Smith for 1999 Mario Elie. I'm incredibly ok with that.

I think most Spurs fans have noticed the limitations of the Spurs in clutch situations. With Bonner and RJeff constantly shrinking in those situations they were down to Manu/TP who could create and Neal to at least stretch the D. Depending on how he fits in, SJax adds a much needed dimension that other teams have to take into consideration.

That's a win already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Details of the protection on the first round pick Spurs send:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
    2012: top 14 protected
    2013: top 14 protected
    2014: top 14 protected
    2015: unprotected
    Not bad. If the Spurs don't make the playoffs the next three seasons, they have more problems to worry about than a draft pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Financial considerations aside, Spurs basically traded 2003 Steve Smith for 1999 Mario Elie. I'm incredibly ok with that.

I think most Spurs fans have noticed the limitations of the Spurs in clutch situations. With Bonner and RJeff constantly shrinking in those situations they were down to Manu/TP who could create and Neal to at least stretch the D. Depending on how he fits in, SJax adds a much needed dimension that other teams have to take into consideration.

That's a win already.

Damn 03 Smith to 99 Elie is pretty good.....

Good comparison....

Thread Information