Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to reports, you're a little off but your premise. SJax is on contract for this year and the next while RJ was on for the next 3. In the long run, the Spurs do save $ but again, I don't think that's all that this was about. Kawhi Leonard was the 16th pick overall and will get about $8 million. Giving up that 1st round pick means the Spurs also forfeit an opportunity to move up into the late lottery early playoff team trade spots for other players. And this years draft is supposed to be fairly stout.

RJ clearly wasn't working. He hadn't been and wasn't going to no matter how hard he or Pop tried. He's not a bad player, just the WRONG player.

SJax is an attempt at making a go w/ a player - although older - who could be right.
    I agree it seems like R.C & Pop just looked at the box scores/stats for RJ rather then thinking if he'd fit into the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this quote from when Jackson thought he was going to the Warriors.
    “I’m going to play this year out,” Jackson said. “If they want me for the future, we can talk about an extension this summer.
    It looks like he has dropped his request for an extension. That's good news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm certain the Spurs told him something similar as well. Play this year out and we'll talk about it this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other SJax quotes from this season:

"I've never been in any trouble in my life until I got to the NBA," Jackson said. "I'm an assassin on the court, but at home I'm a nun. I can see why people would see me in the wrong light."

"I need to know where I'm starting at because that's how I approach my weight," Jackson said. "If I play 2-guard I'll probably come in at 215 (pounds), like I am now. If I'm playing the 3, I'll probably come back at 230, a little bulkier. I'll talk to coach and figure out where they want me."

"Winning now is important to me, and this is a great place to win now. I know what it takes to get to the playoffs, and I think definitely we'll be there come the end of the season."

When asked if he has a future in Milwaukee, Jackson shook his head. "Not at all,” Jackson said. “It's obvious, you can see that. I'm just waiting until my situation is different. I'm coming to work every day and keeping myself prepared so that when my situation does get better, I'm ready to go."

"I would love to [play in Orlando],” Jackson said. “Dwight has said a couple of times that he wants me to be with him. When you get a compliment like that from a big man like Dwight, it means a lot. Tim Duncan always steps up for me and says I'm the ultimate teammate too. When I have guys like that speaking up for me, I must have been doing something right throughout my whole career. I know my situation is going to get better eventually and I'm just going to keep being professional and keep my mouth closed."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keeping myself prepared so that when my situation does get better, I'm ready to go

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Captain Jack has a chip on his shoulder and feels he has something to prove. The dude's got steel below the belt, hopefully he has it on full display the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade makes me feel like I can whoop some a** on the court

Can't imagine how the Big Tres feel.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does RJ have below the belt?
    Some Dude's lips...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assassin on the court, nun at home, assaulter in the bleachers and shootist at the strip club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buckets!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it seems like R.C & Pop just looked at the box scores/stats for RJ rather then thinking if he'd fit into the system.
    I think they though they could change him into a Bruce Bowen with better offense. There was talk about being able to post him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking this trade was mostly about $. Spurs office was pissed off at Jefferson. Dude didn't learn anything in 3 years and didn't seem to give a either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson ‏@DaTrillStak5

@GregSimmonsKSAT I'm heathy. Whenever Pop says the word I will b ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we get back the tweeter feed just from the Spurs players on the side of the Spurs forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson ‏@DaTrillStak5

@GregSimmonsKSAT I'm heathy. Whenever Pop says the word I will b ready.
    All of a sudden he's healthy

I hope he comes in with the correct mindset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of a sudden he's healthy

I hope he comes in with the correct mindset.
    certainly he was ready all year man, bucks wasted him cause they were thinkin either to tank or not, now they have blown up their roster so we know what they are doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks are most certainly not tanking at all. On the contrary - they're pushing for the 8th seed with their moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking this trade was mostly about $. Spurs office was pissed off at Jefferson. Dude didn't learn anything in 3 years...
    To be fair, RJ did learn how to improve his regular season perimeter shooting %. He was asked to focus on it and he did so. His percentages bear that out. I cheer this trade but RJ does get credit for learning something.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    anyone crying about this trade, needs to kill himself immediatelly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since RJ was the 2nd highest minutes eater due to his ability to play the 4, the team will need to settle on the most efficient distribution of minutes for Jack, Kawhi, Danny, Tiago and Matt. Nobody knows, but Pop, how this will play out. Probably not even Pop at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since RJ was the 2nd highest minutes eater due to his ability to play the 4, the team will need to settle on the most efficient distribution of minutes for Jack, Kawhi, Danny, Tiago and Matt. Nobody knows, but Pop, how this will play out. Probably not even Pop at this point.
    pop will play alot of small ball which i see KL inserted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    couple of quotes from Timmy and TP:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-playoff-push/

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    TOSB Duncan with the goods, tbh

“He’s a little rough around the edges but that’s the kind of edge that we like and we’re going to need,” Duncan said. “That’s an aspect we’re going to want from him. Pop’s going to have to rein it in at some point and talk to him and change a couple things that he does. But all in all, that’s the kind of edge that we want from him.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone crying about this trade, needs to kill himself immediatelly
    I wouldn't advocate killing oneself, but repeatedly hitting oneself on the forehead with a hammer would suffice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher to Hou for Jordan hill

what loyalty. classy move LA.

and seriously? that's all it took? they already have a ton of PGs, it makes me think we maybe couldve offered JA for Hill and I wouldve liked to add Hill to the squad somehow.

Thread Information