Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit it's been two months since I saw him drop 34 on the Spurs. It seems a lot of people have been looking at his stats on NBA.COM instead of noticing what he did before his at ude soured.
    I didn't say he is not capable anymore to put 34 pts on a bad D once in a while.

I'm just saying he is not 2003 jax anymore. I saw him being slow, turnover prone, taking bad shots, he still can take you out of a game by shooting like kobe in a tied fourth, his D is no more elite... Big part of that is imo linked to his lack of motivation to play for a ty team but still we should all temper our hope.

I still think it is a good trade for the spurs because RJ simply sucks and because of the contractual obligation but it is not going to put us over the top by no means. It's my opinion and I would be glab to be wrong.

If he accepts his role as a the fourth weapon for the spurs, he will be fine if he makes it difficult to not be the first ou second option of a team we are in trouble. Everything seems to agree he is now a nice guy that will accept his role and will make big shots in POs, we will see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JA Adande thinks this is a bad move cause RJ doesnt get injured and the Spurs have injury problems. lmao.. Does he not know RJ is as good as injured in the playoffs?

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought RJ not getting injured was actually bad for us

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great move for the Spurs. Haven't read posts but I assume everyone is fired up. If not they should be.

Spurs got one more fight in them.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say he is not capable anymore to put 34 pts on a bad D once in a while.
    True. For some perspective, the last time RJ scored 34 was when he was in Milwaukee. And it has nothing to to with shot attempts; Jack put up 34 on 17 shots. People act like he's suddenly over the hill. He's not; he's just a malcontent.

I'm just saying he is not 2003 jax anymore. I saw him being slow, turnover prone, taking bad shots, he still can take you out of a game by shooting like kobe in a tied fourth, his D is no more elite...
    But you just described 2003 Jack. He could be turnover prone, take bad shots and shoot you out of a game back then too. Those of us that know him are well aware of the risks; they were there before. The upside is that he can shoot you back into games the same way and that he can play defense. Again, he also is an order of magnitude more likely to actually show up for the playoffs, which makes him an upgrade. We're probably in agreement in hoping that his travels around the league have taught him some lessons that will be valuable to the team.

Big part of that is imo linked to his lack of motivation to play for a ty team but still we should all temper our hope.

I still think it is a good trade for the spurs because RJ simply sucks and because of the contractual obligation but it is not going to put us over the top by no means. It's my opinion and I would be glab to be wrong.

If he accepts his role as a the fourth weapon for the spurs, he will be fine if he makes it difficult to not be the first ou second option of a team we are in trouble. Everything seems to agree he is now a nice guy that will accept his role and will make big shots in POs, we will see
    Well said. I agree completely with all the above and share in your hope, though I'm entering into it a tad more optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had forgotten about this but SJax wanted to return to the Spurs just about as soon as he left:

Jackson played for the San Antonio Spurs in 2003 when they won the championship le. After playing for the Atlanta Hawks this year he is a free agent and his team is not yet decided.

"Hopefully be back in San Antonio," he said of next season's plans.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...11&postcount=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading around, apparently folks haven't caught on to awfulness of GSTs Jefferson trade. You can get the #26 pick without committing $11 mil

http://twitter.com/#!/johnhollinger

Incredibly good fortune for the Spurs, their fans, and SJax that he was traded to perhaps the only FO dumb enough to make an RJ plus late first rounder for SJax swap.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading around, apparently folks haven't caught on to awfulness of GSTs Jefferson trade. You can get the #26 pick without committing $11 mil

Incredibly good fortune for the Spurs, their fans, and SJax that he was traded to perhaps the only FO dumb enough to make an RJ plus late first rounder for SJax swap.
    We can thank all those analysts in the nationally televised Spurs games for heaping praise onto RJ because they never bothered to check anything aside from his season stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Pop continuing to put RJ in a position to succeed as much as possible. Pop throws RJ on the bench like everyone has been harping for the last 2 years and this trade never happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm was checking the boxscores for the games RJ didn't play (2) check the results...

Jan. 18, 2010 vs Hornets: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010011803

Mar. 11, 2011 vs Kings: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2011031124

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, it truly is a shockingly bad trade for the Warriors. The Spurs basically ran into the perfect storm: a new ownership group with a lot of money who wants to prove to their fans that they aren't afraid to spend that money. But on the finances alone, there's no way the trade makes sense from the Warriors view.

Eventually, the new Warriors owners will learn that there's nothing as harmful as dead money on your books. Even Pop and the Spurs had to learn the hard way with Charles Smith I.

Speaking of Charles Smith, he was the third highest paid player on the 1999 championship team ... even though he hadn't played in two years. He made more money that season than Duncan did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts from when he left. Dallas fans were happy as . I wish we had him longer in his prime though, he would have meant another le at least for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts from when he left. Dallas fans were happy as . I wish we had him longer in his prime though, he would have meant another le at least for the Spurs.

No doubt in my mind had he resigned they would have 2 more rings minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson ‏ @DaTrillStak5

Headed to Dallas

--
    check out his new twitter avatar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Headed to Dallas

--
    Nice. Sounds like he passed his physical

(Although the trade was so good, the Spurs probably still do the deal even if he had failed it, tbh.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya There is no freaking way the Spurs care enough about winning to pass that financial savings up.

Jax debut in D-Town Please, please, please let that happen

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Headed to Dallas

--
    So much win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I wouldn't give for him to have the headband on, arm bands, and bust a couple transition 3's on Kidd....

Damn I missed this guy...

I do remember TIMVP laughing at my fandom after reminding me I wasn't on the Jackson bandwagon to begin with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does SJax still remember how to run the "4 Down" play from back in the day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Sounds like he passed his physical

(Although the trade was so good, the Spurs probably still do the deal even if he had failed it, tbh.)
    12 million reasons tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does SJax still remember how to run the "4 Down" play from back in the day?
    Ran it well in game 6 vs Dallas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is this thread the 35th most viewed thread of all time on this board? over 40k views in about a day...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes playing tommorow guys. So excited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes playing tommorow guys. So excited.

yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sjax is going to keep throwing the ball into Duncan every time down the court. Timmy is going to love him haha

Thread Information