My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born: Apr 5, 1978
    Height: 6-8
    Weight: 220 lbs.
    Prior to NBA : Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, VA)

Info

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by benefactor; 03-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    caption:

Last edited by ace3g; 03-26-2012 at 01:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Jack’ happy with role, wishing for new deal

Only one thing could make Jackson’s professional life better: An extension of his contract, worth $10 million in its final season.

“I want it, but I can’t control it,” Jackson said, toweling sweat off his face after Tuesday’s practice. “Every day when I walk in here I’m hoping they’ll call me in and say, ‘Jack, here’s your extension.’

“I think I deserve it, but at the end of the day I’m still happy to be here and all I can worry about is what I can control, and that’s my play.”
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-for-new-deal/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that contracts couldn't be extended for less than the final season of the previous contract. Did that change with the new CBA or was that never the case? I looked in the CBA FAQ and only saw a maximum amount for an extension, no minimum. If you can extend for less than the previous contract, why didn't we extend Duncan last year?

Anyway, seems unlikely we extend Jackson. Better to use our cap space first and then sign him after (if we don't trade him). It'll be interesting to see how he does this year. Either way, I don't think he's going to like the contract offers he receives next year. I get the sense he's expecting more than teams will likely offer.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I thought that contracts couldn't be extended for less than the final season of the previous contract. Did that change with the new CBA or was that never the case? I looked in the CBA FAQ and only saw a maximum amount for an extension, no minimum. If you can extend for less than the previous contract, why didn't we extend Duncan last year?

Anyway, seems unlikely we extend Jackson. Better to use our cap space first and then sign him after (if we don't trade him). It'll be interesting to see how he does this year. Either way, I don't think he's going to like the contract offers he receives next year. I get the sense he's expecting more than teams will likely offer.
    The Spurs didn't NOT extend Duncan because they didn't know that they could for a lesser amount. Tim wanted to wait and see how he felt at the end of the season.

Jackson will have a cap hold as a FA if he isn't renounced, and it's higher than his salary this year. Better to get his deal (and Manu's) done to remove the holds, and go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't NOT extend Duncan because they didn't know that they could for a lesser amount. Tim wanted to wait and see how he felt at the end of the season.

Jackson will have a cap hold as a FA if he isn't renounced, and it's higher than his salary this year. Better to get his deal (and Manu's) done to remove the holds, and go from there.
    Forgot about cap holds. Thanks. I guess it has been 4 years since his last extension, so he can be extended any time? I still think the Spurs will wait until the off-season deal with his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This time S-Jax has zero leverage. Way different from 2003. SA is probably the only team in the NBA that value him as a player. Some other teams may have some interest if he is willing to take the min or a bit more than that, but only San Antonio value him enough to give him more than that. If S-Jax is expecting a big paycheck from SA, i think Buford and cia will say : Thank you very much and good bye. I love S-Jax and I want him to stay but he can't be delusional about his next contract.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Forgot about cap holds. Thanks. I guess it has been 4 years since his last extension, so he can be extended any time? I still think the Spurs will wait until the off-season deal with his contract.
    Oh, definitely. Pop told him that much during the phone call when they caught him on his way to GS in the Bogut trade, and told him he was coming here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hm, I was under the impression that the new cba says that there can only be a 7.5% drop (or jump) from his previous salary..if that IS the case, theres no way Spurs extend him. I like Jax but he's not worth nearly that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video interview with Stephen Jackson from Media Day.

http://www.woai.com/content/sports/s...YtClzCn3A.cspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This time S-Jax has zero leverage. Way different from 2003. SA is probably the only team in the NBA that value him as a player. Some other teams may have some interest if he is willing to take the min or a bit more than that, but only San Antonio value him enough to give him more than that. If S-Jax is expecting a big paycheck from SA, i think Buford and cia will say : Thank you very much and good bye. I love S-Jax and I want him to stay but he can't be delusional about his next contract.
    Mostly because Pop's the only coach who got to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I'd bump this thread with this:

http://www.felixnataljr.com/blog/?p=11379

I have no idea why Natal thought anyone would want to see this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I'd bump this thread with this:

http://www.felixnataljr.com/blog/?p=11379

I have no idea why Natal thought anyone would want to see this.

Still when I see Buckets all I think of is him raining down 3's on Dallas/New Jersey.

Will never hate...

Thread Information