Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...SGS_story.html

Its a shame. They need better ways of finding the PTSD and TBI guys.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Whats sad is that they probably discovered, but the docs got pressured to downgrade the injuries so they can deploy as many as they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats sad is that they probably discovered, but the docs got pressured to downgrade the injuries so they can deploy as many as they can.
    and/or the company command made it a stigma for anyone who was trying to get out of the deployment..."you leave your men, and their blood will be on your hands", etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only Uncle Sam took loyalty half as serious as US soldiers do, that would be a nice turn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They" need to find a way to get out quicker.
    Last edited by DMX7; 03-18-2012 at 09:50 AM.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    endless wars with no objectives = wars you can't win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How taking the life of another human being, regardless of reason or cause, can effect someone is no surprise. Even in totally reasonable situations the effect can be tramatic. Taking a life in self defense isn't always the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How taking the life of another human being, regardless of reason or cause, can effect someone is no surprise. Even in totally reasonable situations the effect can be tramatic. Taking a life in self defense isn't always the answer.
    when someone gets blown up their brain can be damaged. parts of the brain control different things. There are tons on young americans at bamc (if they got burned ) or especially walter reed who cannot control their emotions in any way. For some their brain acts differently in time. gradually getting worse. factor their tbi with, in this soldiers instance the ptsd of seeing one of your guys' leg blown...

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lol spursncowboys
    lol crying over dead worthless soldiers
    lol semper fi s

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MDMA, mushrooms, or acid.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he eating a lot of Twinkies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He must have been serving with a gay man -- that's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm.
    The soldier accused in the massacre of 16 Afghan civilians owes $1.5 million from a 2003 arbitration ruling that found him guilty of securities fraud.
    http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-killing...033226562.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only Uncle Sam took loyalty half as serious as US soldiers do, that would be a nice turn
    We'd be Nazi Germany.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If that's true, the Army is worse than I thought. High financial debt usually precludes one from getting anything higher than a Secret clearance , and I would think 1.5 mil would prevent even that.

That said, the ruling was nearly a decade ago, so I wonder how much of a factor that was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a hit, set up by a presidential candidate's campaign to give Obama's administration a black eye (I know). Once Obama loses, the guy was told he would be pardoned of not only this, but also the 1.5 million.

Funny that a guy with a rifle can crawl up to a compound and nothing happens even though he's spotted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd be Nazi Germany.
    If we took decent care of our warriors? I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afghan Murder Suspect Bales 'Took My Life Savings,' Says Retiree

Robert Bales, the staff sergeant accused of massacring Afghan civilians, enlisted in the U.S. Army at the same time he was trying to avoid answering allegations he defrauded an elderly Ohio couple of their life savings in a stock fraud, according to federal do ents reviewed by ABC News.

"He robbed me of my life savings," Gary Liebschner of Carroll, Ohio told ABC News.

Financial regulators found that Bales "engaged in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, churning, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investments," according to a report on Bales filed in 2003. Bales and his associates were ordered to pay Liebschner $1,274,000 in compensatory and punitive damages but have yet to do so, according to Liebschner.

"We didn't know where he was," Liebschner told ABC News. "We heard the Bahamas, and all kinds of places."

Liebschner says he recognized Bales after news reports named him as the American soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers in a shooting rampage.

Liebschner filed a complaint against Bales in May 2000, claiming Bales took his life savings of $852,000 in AT&T stock and through a series of trades reduced its value to nothing.

The Ohio retiree recalled Bales as a "smooth talker." Asked if he regarded Bales as a con man, Liebschner said, "You've hit the nail on the head."

At the time, Bales worked for an Ohio brokerage firm, MPI.

According to federal do ents, Bales failed to appear at an arbitration hearing to resolve Liebschner's complaint.
    http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-murder-...-abc-news.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a typical fee for trade stockbroker from that era. They couldn't make any money if the client just bought and held. They had to always be coming up with a new hot tip and convincing their client to sell/buy so they could generate commissions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my many ex-brother in laws was a stockbroker at Merrill Lynch. I couldn't stand the sucker but he was a real suck-up to my dad and he just couldn't see through the guys bull . He convinced dad to let him do an "estate plan". He put him in a bunch of ty ridiculously heavy load mutual funds with withdrawal penalties that payed up front broker bonus's and sold him a ty whole life insurance policy that paid him a 6% commission up front. Just classic commission broker .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we took decent care of our warriors? I doubt it.
    Though I am pro-military, I realize that were everyone pro-military we would be even more of a global presence than we are now, and the loyalty to the military would mean military men would make decisions on war/no war. Sure the talking heads would sign on the dotted line, but their loyalty to the cause would mean they are being told what they need to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm...I was more referring to remaining loyal to the warrior once the fighting is over, taking care of the walking wounded and so forth...looks like you took it a little different...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though I am pro-military, I realize that were everyone pro-military we would be even more of a global presence than we are now, and the loyalty to the military would mean military men would make decisions on war/no war. Sure the talking heads would sign on the dotted line, but their loyalty to the cause would mean they are being told what they need to do.
    what confused bull , total crap

civilians decide to make war, not the military, in principle. In fact, the MIC (and UCA like oilcos) owns the civilians (politicians), so in fact the military does decide to go to war, so we get botched disasters like VN, Iraq, Afghanistan, but the military brass gets their careers padded and the MIC pockets $100Bs in exorbitant war profiteering.

"the cause" ?? GMAFB Only cannon-fodder, suckered, ignorant grunts "believe" in "the cause".

The REAL "the cause" is American military/commercial imperialism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    civilians decide to make war, not the military, in principle.
    explain?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Seems to me that is on of the few things Boutons said that is correct. Why does it need explanation? Our government is a civilian body, isn't it?

Thread Information