My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A friend of mine at University of Alabama sent me this article. I'm sure the climate religious zealots won't appreciate it, but it's worthwhile reading material. It's always good to see what using legitimate data collection methods will reveal.

One of my favorite links from the paper is the one that shows the incredible amount of weather balloon data the moonbats chose to ignore, and where the government stashed the data. They had to make it available, so they put it in an out of the way place, and never referred to it again. www.climatescience.gov/Library/sap/sap1-1/finalreport/sap1-1-final-chap5.pdf

Even if you don't mind the selective use and misuse of data, or the outrageous assumptions in the models, it's hard to escape the fact that so many of the dire predictions were no better than what you would expect from a TV psychic. Bring in Phase II - Revisionist history. As in, "We never called it "global warming". Or, "No one credible ever said the Himilayas are melting at an incredible rate." Or, no one credible ever said that the oceans would rise that much, that quickly." Most people would be bothered by the fact that the official records show otherwise. But that's what zealots are for. When the world doesn't end on the predicted date, just pick another date.

I have no intention of arguing with zealots, because things like facts and logic make no difference. I'm posting this for those of you who are interested in comparing the predictions you read to reality. For my part, it speaks for itself and no follow up is necessary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gfy

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    A friend of mine at University of Alabama sent me this article. I'm sure the climate religious zealots won't appreciate it, but it's worthwhile reading material. It's always good to see what using legitimate data collection methods will reveal.
    Looks like some actual scientific work instead of the dogma that the zealots like Manny propagate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Himalayas again. So what is the relationship between temperature and pressure of a gas in a closed system? What is the relationship between al ude and pressure?

And where is this 'ignored data?' and has one of your think tanks put something together on it or if its supposedly in your ENSO correlative discussion chapter there could you point it out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like some actual scientific work instead of the dogma that the zealots like Manny propagate.
    You didn't even read it. that much is obvious if youre saying that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thank you for contributing your genius point of view

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You didn't even read it. that much is obvious if youre saying that.
    Wrong again you stupid ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A key oil business road in S. Louisiana is slipping under water, rising sea levels plus yet another disaster by the environmental klutzes at US Army Corp of Engineers.

federal-govt hatin' Louisiana is begging federal govt (blue state taxpayers) to pay for saving the oilco road. They aren't asking the oilcos to pay for the road.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for contributing your genius point of view
    I don't contribute my genius to threads denying climate change, global warming, and anthropogenic global warming.

Sincerely,
    GFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For my part, it speaks for itself and no follow up is necessary.
    How convenient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +/- on this thread set at 5 pages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of my favorite links from the paper is the one that shows the incredible amount of weather balloon data the moonbats chose to ignore, and where the government stashed the data. They had to make it available, so they put it in an out of the way place, and never referred to it again. www.climatescience.gov/Library/sap/sap1-1/finalreport/sap1-1-final-chap5.pdf

Even if you don't mind the selective use and misuse of data, or the outrageous assumptions in the models, it's hard to escape the fact that so many of the dire predictions were no better than what you would expect from a TV psychic. Bring in Phase II - Revisionist history. As in, "We never called it "global warming". Or, "No one credible ever said the Himilayas are melting at an incredible rate." Or, no one credible ever said that the oceans would rise that much, that quickly." Most people would be bothered by the fact that the official records show otherwise. But that's what zealots are for. When the world doesn't end on the predicted date, just pick another date.

I have no intention of arguing with zealots, because things like facts and logic make no difference. I'm posting this for those of you who are interested in comparing the predictions you read to reality. For my part, it speaks for itself and no follow up is necessary.
    As for the balance: meh.

We are getting more, and better, data all the time.

That means our baseline predictions over time will also get better.

I am not shocked to see predictions from ten or twenty years ago be wildly off, , I would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

As much as you try to paint the climate scientists and others who have the gall to believe them as "zealots", I find it very telling that the same groups of actual skeptics who argue against pseudoscience of all sorts, such as Intelligent Design, and so forth, tend to view much AGW skepticism as having the same character as young earth creationists.

FWIW. I don't feel any need to back that up. It is self-explanatory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's pride and greed. You see it all the time. People donot like to admit they are wrong. When money is involved, they will take their sins to the grave. God bless.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you talk like this in real life, jack?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that thread didn't exist, I would guess +/- 10 pages for this one

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's safe to say that he is a dumb ass in real life too.

God bless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pride and greed. You see it all the time. People donot like to admit they are wrong. When money is involved, they will take their sins to the grave. God bless.
    Indeed. The greed of the coal and oil companies has led them to hype what controversy there is. Trillions of dollars of business behind the funding for skeptical "scientists". Vishnus blessings upon you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a rather obvious ploy to annoy. In his mind, poking "the liberal's" sensitivities in this manner is highly amusing.

Soldier on, culture warrior, soldier on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A key oil business road in S. Louisiana is slipping under water, rising sea levels plus yet another disaster by the environmental klutzes at US Army Corp of Engineers.

federal-govt hatin' Louisiana is begging federal govt (blue state taxpayers) to pay for saving the oilco road. They aren't asking the oilcos to pay for the road.

how old are you? rising sea levels?!

thanks I needed that. You sir, are not so bright.

Thread Information