Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a reliability stand point you have to go with Diaw over Turiaf: Diaw had the 2nd longest games played streak at 384 (prior to being deactivated during buyout/trade deadline) while Turiaf has been in and out through his career with various injuries, let a lone the heart surgery he had back in '05: http://www.heart-valve-surgery.com/r...orta-valve.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turiaf and Diaw are both better than any other big that is available or might become available.

Turiaf is a free agent.

Diaw is a Bobcat.

Go after Turiaf now, make a decision on pursuing Diaw if he ever becomes available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C's close on big man?

Posted: 7 hrs 16 mins ago. | Source espnboston.com
    Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters at the team's morning shootaround in Atlanta on Monday that Boston is getting closer to adding a big man.'We're close with a couple of free agents that we've looked at, but we'll see,' Rivers said, according to the Boston Herald.If something is imminent, don't expect it to be Ronny Turiaf, whose agent Mark Bartelstein indicated this afternoon that his client must still navigate the waiver process after being released by the Nuggets, then could take some time to assess his options with the goal of signing with a top contender.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go after Turiaf now, make a decision on pursuing Diaw if he ever becomes available.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turiaf would excel as an enforcer. Hes known to make some border-line dirty plays but if hes on our team then that's fine by me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is Turiaf realy THAT much better then Blair to warent needed the same type of player?

Allthough I do see him fitting a roll kind of like Jerome Kersy for the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm liking Turiaf and Diaw. Try and get both. I'd like Diaw as a rotation player possibly starting, with Turiaf getting about 10 minutes a game as an energy big and enforcer. Against teams that have lots of bigs possibly could get Turiaf even more court time.

And yes, he would be great as an enforcer.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-19-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is Turiaf realy THAT much better then Blair to warent needed the same type of player?

Allthough I do see him fitting a roll kind of like Jerome Kersy for the Spurs

How is a 6'9" Turiaf hte same player as a 6'6" (6'7" MAX) Blair?

Blair is not a shot blocker. With Turiaf, Splitter, and Duncan we can have at least one shot blocker on the floor at all times to discourage penetration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is a 6'9" Turiaf hte same player as a 6'6" (6'7" MAX) Blair?

Blair is not a shot blocker. With Turiaf, Splitter, and Duncan we can have at least one shot blocker on the floor at all times to discourage penetration.
    Good point. The Mavs seemed to have at least one 7-footer on the floor through the playoffs last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. The Mavs seemed to have at least one 7-footer on the floor through the playoffs last season.
    and they have the luxury of being able to do so again this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Brian Windhorst: Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested "

We're gonna end up with nothing... I have that bad feeling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't get wtf the Spurs are doing.

Where do they think they will get with Bonner and Blair? Surely are going to do SOMETHING? It's getting crazy. Even if Diaw is bought out I'd still like another big. We lack depth and it just doesn't seem like the Spurs FO are doing much about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't get wtf the Spurs are doing.

Where do they think they will get with Bonner and Blair? Surely are going to do SOMETHING? It's getting crazy. Even if Diaw is bought out I'd still like another big. We lack depth and it just doesn't seem like the Spurs FO are doing much about it.
    Looks like the plan is small ball. Not sure how that's gonna work against teams like the mavs, grizz, and lakers. Actually I am sure it won't work.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that I'm most afraid of are the Grizzlies. Gasol, Zach and Speights would kick our ass. Tony Allen would shut down Manu and Conley always plays great against us. Oh and they have Rudy Gay back, plus OJ Mayo of the bench... The Lakers would also be pretty tough, the Mavs didn't really show me that they are that good.

That's why we need a big asap. Bonner and Blair in the playoffs against a team like Memphis is ROFLMAO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Speights playing? The Grizz got him for a second round pick while the Spurs were sitting around doing jack .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that I'm most afraid of are the Grizzlies. Gasol, Zach and Speights would kick our ass. Tony Allen would shut down Manu and Conley always plays great against us. Oh and they have Rudy Gay back, plus OJ Mayo of the bench... The Lakers would also be pretty tough, the Mavs didn't really show me that they are that good.

That's why we need a big asap. Bonner and Blair in the playoffs against a team like Memphis is ROFLMAO.
    The only reason I'm not as afraid of Memphis this year is because we will play with a chip on our shoulders. Despite our bigs, TP was a big issue being outplayed by Conley. We're 3-0 against them and the first game everyone was healthy on both ends.

TP said he hopes they see them in the playoffs again. I don't see us losing to them again tbh. But we do need another big asap regardless. What if Splitter gets hurt? We're totally f*cked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Speights playing? The Grizz got him for a second round pick while the Spurs were sitting around doing jack .
    When Zach was out he was pretty damn good. Now I would say he's their Splitter. I would still take Tiago over him, but he gives them the size needed of the bench. Didn't know he was traded for the second rounder. We could really use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw: get more minutes off Bonner
    Turiaf: gets more minutes off Blair, let's td and splits play together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not in the running for Turiaf. He'll be with Bos/Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with Diaw or Turiaf I'm not so sure Pop will play Bonner or Blair less. Wouldn't be surprised if Tiago was the guy whose minutes would be cut. Bonner is his Finley and I don't really mind him playing 15 minutes, but Blair is a huge problem, he can't defend and is one of the dumbest players in the league. One good game a month doesn't really make him a good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not in the running for Turiaf. He'll be with Bos/Miami
    It's free to dream buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's free to dream buddy
    I know... And I was dreaming the same dream. But waking up and seeing we're not even one of the teams after him? Kind of pissed me off. Don't want anyone else getting their hopes up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know... And I was dreaming the same dream. But waking up and seeing we're not even one of the teams after him? Kind of pissed me off. Don't want anyone else getting their hopes up
    nothing to do here, then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst: Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested
    Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs' hopes are now hinging on whether Michael Jordan can actually focus his attention away from his Nike shoe contract deals long enough to get a deal rammed through in the twilight hour of the waiver deadline.

Michael Jordan's time might be more valuable than worrying about haggling with Diaw's agent over a few million here or there. That's gambling money for his airness.

Thread Information